[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Ok here i made vid on Ondar's vs no Ondar's (just regretted ondars for the fun of it did not go for iron reflexes dont have a lot of regrets)
here it is

Not that big of a difference but i did get less than 50%hp in run without ondars.
i wanted to run high lvl map with ranged mobs but couldn't get one

PS and do remember i have some of bis items so if i didnt have it the difference would been bigger
gear

PSS sorry for crappy vid, and for my bad english.
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
Last edited by Borislav on Nov 3, 2013, 5:14:44 AM
i'm new to the game and confused as to why this build appears to use evasion and unwavering stance. wouldn't using unwavering stance negate the benefit of rolling an evasion style build?
playing a facebreaker like build of this

Gear
Spoiler

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzBS0UIBRxGNsaMho4GtsbrRv6HRQhYCSqJd8oxTIJNug26TrYPeJAoEGqRHJHfkjuSn1MNU3YT31QR1FgVvpYr1nzW69gS2EhZU1mnmegbEZwfXJscql0QXTtdPF313gNeu982X8rgFaBb4TEhNmE74d2iuSMdpBVmSub7J48nrmiAKQZpzCnhKluq8Wsqq9stfK3072BvorAGsWK0TbWitfL3Q3i6uNq7DjuDvAf8773Mvjr-tL8xQ==

Have 17k dps (with hatred)
Around 4k hp
9260 armour (determ)
1945 Evasion
%75 block and all res %75

i was wondering if i could get more physical nodes and more HP with marauder start?
"
morfiendish wrote:
i'm new to the game and confused as to why this build appears to use evasion and unwavering stance. wouldn't using unwavering stance negate the benefit of rolling an evasion style build?

Not really. there is no unwavering stance in standard build on first page.
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
Last edited by Borislav on Nov 3, 2013, 8:22:00 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sionthedude wrote:
I am level 80, 6.5k DPS with Hatred up, my defensive side is fine, I got a decent wep its got 140 - 218 Physical DMG and 1.45 attacks per second.. my gear is Okay! But my question is how to get DPS? is it normal that at the most part in the build u feel really tanky and not doing much DPS at all????????

6.5K is respectable, you can clear a map in about 10 minutes with that. I'd be really surprised if you can find a melee build that can do a lot more damage with as little as you have invested in gear. If you want to do much bigger damage (as in several times as much, 30K, say), you will need a Bringer of Rain and maybe a Soul Taker or a top rare, and damage rings/belt. 20% quality gems help as well.

Hey man, So yeah! 6.5k is enough to run maps fine but I am just wondering what about group play? and where can I get DPS from now? just from gear I am presuming? I dont care aslong as I can farm but I am just wondering if its just gear that is the problem and if you and everyone using this build gets low dps when not so good gear?
"
siontheman wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sionthedude wrote:
I am level 80, 6.5k DPS with Hatred up, my defensive side is fine, I got a decent wep its got 140 - 218 Physical DMG and 1.45 attacks per second.. my gear is Okay! But my question is how to get DPS? is it normal that at the most part in the build u feel really tanky and not doing much DPS at all????????

6.5K is respectable, you can clear a map in about 10 minutes with that. I'd be really surprised if you can find a melee build that can do a lot more damage with as little as you have invested in gear. If you want to do much bigger damage (as in several times as much, 30K, say), you will need a Bringer of Rain and maybe a Soul Taker or a top rare, and damage rings/belt. 20% quality gems help as well.

Hey man, So yeah! 6.5k is enough to run maps fine but I am just wondering what about group play? and where can I get DPS from now? just from gear I am presuming? I dont care aslong as I can farm but I am just wondering if its just gear that is the problem and if you and everyone using this build gets low dps when not so good gear?

Yeah either from gear, gems or tweaking the build and removing hp/defense for DPS nodes. If you play with a good group that freezes the screen etc you might not need to have max block or this much hp...but on this i cant really give good advice, i solo mostly :)
"
Borislav wrote:
Ok here i made vid on Ondar's vs no Ondar's (just regretted ondars for the fun of it did not go for iron reflexes dont have a lot of regrets)
here it is

Thanks for the video, Borislav! Looks like Ondar's did make a difference that I could notice in your video, maybe not a huge difference with your gear. I do find it very helpful in maps with a lot of projectile users, which I seem to encounter often. :) Honestly, I'd go over to the ranger area anyway for all of the benefits I've mentioned before many times, so it's only 4 points and it greatly helps before one has end game gear such as you have.

Thanks again!
"
Borislav wrote:
"
morfiendish wrote:

Not really. there is no unwavering stance in standard build on first page.

Yeah, he's the second person to get mixed up about that... wondering where that idea is coming from.
"

Yeah, he's the second person to get mixed up about that... wondering where that idea is coming from.

when you look at the build, it looks like unwavering is selected. which made no sense to me. glad its not.
"
rasmon wrote:

Have 17k dps (with hatred)
Around 4k hp
9260 armour (determ)
1945 Evasion
%75 block and all res %75

i was wondering if i could get more physical nodes and more HP with marauder start?

Hello rasmon! Your stats look solid.

I have discussed the mara start several times in the thread. The short answer to your question is: No. :)

There are four strength nodes to get in there, and a couple of semi-wasted nodes (reduced crit damage) and a wasted 0.4% regen. That's a lot of nodes we put into life and damage/speed elsewhere to greater effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info