[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

One thing also, I regreted my points, I am only 3 points off of Sovyns build now, But the big skeletons still hit a lil hard on me? xD im following the build 100% now :D
PoE is most definitely in my opinion and opinion of any human, dwarf, exile, elf, dribbler, animal, specimen, vegatable, takeaway the best ARPG ever made.
"
sionthedude wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
sionthedude wrote:
...But one thing that I want to ask is the mobs that put down mines that are bubbles, If I dont move and let them explode on me I hit like half HP??...

Would say that they dont hurt at all with Sovyn's build.
And dont get iron reflexes, you will miss having Evasion :)

So you are saying I should regret 10 points and go on with the build? its just people who I have shown the build seem to think its just gunna have too low DPS to do anything?

I run it more or less by 100%, skipping a few hpnodes and grabbed some extra attackspeed. My DPS varies between 15k and 30k, depending on how i set up my gems, for boss/AoE/grinding vs reflect-maps.

Well for me this build works great, now i just need 16more levels :-p
"
wenlock wrote:
Is anyone running two auras? and if so how did you go about it?

Soul taker makes my auras doable. If i didnt have it i would probably tweak the build somewhat to get it doable. Or use Alpha's howl. We are close to Sovereignt, but it would cost me 4 hp-nodes so might not be worth it...
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Soul taker makes my auras doable. If i didnt have it i would probably tweak the build somewhat to get it doable. Or use Alpha's howl. We are close to Sovereignt, but it would cost me 4 hp-nodes so might not be worth it..

Yeah i am wearing BoR and i sold my alphas. funny how a week ago alphas were impossible to sell now they are in demand. i may try to do the math to get the extra aura running with passives, only thing giving me an issue soloing right now is mercy dominus. he killed me once which is entirely too much.
"
wenlock wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Soul taker makes my auras doable. If i didnt have it i would probably tweak the build somewhat to get it doable. Or use Alpha's howl. We are close to Sovereignt, but it would cost me 4 hp-nodes so might not be worth it..

Yeah i am wearing BoR and i sold my alphas. funny how a week ago alphas were impossible to sell now they are in demand. i may try to do the math to get the extra aura running with passives, only thing giving me an issue soloing right now is mercy dominus. he killed me once which is entirely too much.

Yeah iam not going back to dominus :)
But a total 120% for dual aura is down to 86% with a level 20 reduced mana. Doubt its worth spending 4 points to get it down to 73%, but i think i rather run hatred then get the berserker +attack speed nodes...
"
erani wrote:
hi,
i dunno what to invest next, anyone has any ideas?(i got like 5exalt budjet),
here is my current equipment (my dps is pretty good and i clear fast, only problem is surviving im soloing maps 66-69 now and sometimes i die :P)

Offhand, I noticed boots, and both rings need life on them, and the shield as Hiero mentioned. Crest is great for leveling but not the end game.

Also, I did not see your determination and grace aura gems, which are required for the build in high maps as far as I'm concerned. Get resists and damage from gear.

Also, I'd replace that life leech gem with enduring cry or enfeeble in your trigger gem setup.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 2, 2013, 1:35:22 PM
"
wenlock wrote:
Is anyone running two auras? and if so how did you go about it?

I run two no problem. They are linked to a level 17 reduced mana support gem. I have enough mana left over to chain my heavy strike. Having both auras up and leveled feels great, mobs don't bother me at all.
"

A good shield. 1.5 EVA or ARM, with life and resists.
Would also try to find a pair of boots with life, resists and 30movespeed.
Also another belt, that belt is great for leveling, but i retired mine into the stash for %-damage, life and resists...

belt is mad bro, dont forget im facebreaker user and the flat physical helps alot!.
boots - you are right, atm i still need the dex bouns but ill invest in end game boots asap.
shield, i got the lionsgate(im right?) shield, with 1.5k~ armour, but i prefer this one still cause of life steal :S..

thanks for comment
[/quote]

I think you're referring to Lioneye's Remorse. Lionsgate is a studio :P
A question : Are your resistances maxed out? (75% Fire, Cold, Lightning)[/quote]

haha ye lioneyes remorse it is,
my resistance isnt maxed out, i lack abit on cold and got 30% fire resistance(trying to get good ring that will give me the fire resist and physical damage.. cant find any yet),
btw what auras u guys running??
"
sionthedude wrote:

So you are saying I should regret 10 points and go on with the build? its just people who I have shown the build seem to think its just gunna have too low DPS to do anything?

We do excellent DPS with the right gear. I have tried builds that claim higher DPS but the reality is you have to invest more exalted into them than you would have to with this build to get relatively high damage and survivability. Frankly, other builds I've tried to play self found have been nearly impossible (and my damage was poor anyway), this one is possible.

For example, a highly touted and popular melee build that claims 40K DPS... I was only able to achieve 1.6k DPS by the time I was in maps. I'm pretty good about using the best items I find too.

With this build, I'm doing more DPS with less time invested, and far, far more survivable.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sionthedude wrote:

We do excellent DPS with the right gear. I have tried builds that claim higher DPS but the reality is you have to invest more exalted into them than you would have to with this build to get relatively high damage and survivability. Frankly, other builds I've tried to play self found have been nearly impossible (and my damage was poor anyway), this one is possible.

For example, a highly touted and popular melee build that claims 40K DPS... I was only able to achieve 1.6k DPS by the time I was in maps. I'm pretty good about using the best items I find too.

With this build, I'm doing more DPS with less time invested, and far, far more survivable.

Tweaked my gear a bit to get higher DPS. This is not what i run maps with but could use to kill vaal/piety or something else that just stands still and die.-) Wonder if i could hit 40K, doubt it though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info