[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Yes but with IR how am I supposed to get 40% chance to avoid? im guessing avoid is the same as avade? if so its not really possible, But I went IR obviously because of the Aplha howl having the avasion but I will come out with 15k armour and I am pretty good at dodging the poison bolts and the ice bolts from the skelebob mages. So I guess I could just be tanky to melee and then dodge mages but even when they have powerful crits... atleast in 72 maps they have nothing on me.. and MOST bosses I find are melee anyway.
Hey sovyn,

just a thumps up for this build!

im playing this at the moment in nemesis hc, completely soloplayed everything up to a3 merc (piety is next)
lvl62 at the moment and this is my gear

hoping to get multistrike and the cast on damage soon. also i cant run both auras at the moment (only 40 mana left when i reserve both)
my question is, how much mana u have at the moment, cos i kinda cant imagine that this problem will fix itself anytime soon.

IGN: JASICHA
Crap corpse explosion got me, RIP. well got to level 85 with this build, thanks Sovyn.
"
zythyl wrote:
Any tips on increasing DPS in low levels (pre-30s) so that I can burn through areas? As of right now, I hardly do enough damage with spectral throw and it's making me play my duelist again

Hello zythyl. :) The most common mistake is not upgrading the weapon, as that's our source of DPS. It has to be upgraded constantly to match the monsters as they become harder. Spectral Throw with a 1-hander is somewhat lackluster in my experience. Or, maybe it's not supported properly in your setup.
"
delray wrote:
Do you have an updated skill tree link? The one from the first post appears to be broken after 1.0.

The guide has been fully upgraded for 1.0 for over a week now. All links work perfectly for me. Perhaps there was a server glitch when you tried to access something. Try again? :)
"
wum1ng wrote:
I started a Templar with the intention of playing it as the Lazy Pally but found the killing speed to be way too slow for my liking.. have instead started a Duelist, and looking at the tree looks like it can achieve the same build but not suffering from a slow kill speed at the early stages.. Wish me luck! :)

Ironically, my duelist has much lower DPS than my templar. :) But I wish you well on the other side!
"
Dragosani wrote:

thank you and how did you achieved this speed? i have on 51lvl 1.87 and dps is around 500+ so far with HS+MS+Added F.+ Faster Att.

Levels, Berserking, Unique items. (Bringer of Rain, Soul Taker) You can get by with a cheaper rare weapon in the end game for a mere few ex rather than a 100 ex legacy soul taker though. And, belts and rings can have some physical damage on them too. I'd use melee physical damage instead of added fire damage by the way.
"
rasmon wrote:

i am not sure if i could drop some shield block nodes and go for some accuracy and make a balanced gear and drop RT. so i can maybe use low level discharge linked to cast when damage taken.

but in the overall, that build is really solid guys. I highly recommend it. I have 81 spectral thrower ranger, 68 discharger witch and some low level templar discharger aswell but compared to damage/survive, this build owns.

I have pretty good gear on my discharger but still too squishy against melee with even 3k armour flasks. With this build, i just close my eyes and smash the faces. Almost untouchable by melee, and high survive against spell caster mobs.

I agree, we are super tanky, which is refreshing. :)

Can't drop RT as your chance to hit would be only 70% or so and the accuracy nodes do almost nothing. Leech would be inconsistent, and your chance to crit is only 5%, so not worth it.

If you want more damage, the proper route is just through better gear on the standard build. :)
Thanks for tips Sovyn, appreciate ;)
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Crap corpse explosion got me, RIP. well got to level 85 with this build, thanks Sovyn.

Oh, no, Hierokliff! So sorry to hear that. Hardcore is rough. One time I was fighting Kole and killed him no problem, took not even one hit, but one of his buddies crept up on me just at that moment and did a corpse explosion, I lived, but with like 1 life. That was embarrassing. I now always remember to hunt down every one of the corpse explosion caster types first. They can hide in packs though so I can understand the risk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info