[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Gained 500 HP, maybe around 1K damage as well. Increased armor, but only around 60% block-- will need to spec into those nodes.
"
Saviourself wrote:
First off, thanks Sovyn for building such a great guide. I was firmly stuck in cruel trying to make a 2H sweep build that didn't instantly combust when I came in to contact with mobs, the respect to your build has allowed me to punch through to merciless quite rapidly after quite some time being blocked. I'm also a huge D2 pally fan which this build seems to be a spiritual heir to, and find the old mechanics for things like maintaining endurance charges /wrists...

Hail, Saviourself! Yes, I absolutely had the D2 pally in mind. The D2 pally was my first D2 character, way back when D2 first launched. He used a scepter and shield, with the skill "charge". Lot of fun. Not as much fun as PoE anymore, but good memories. Using heavy strike with it's knockback component, it feels pretty tame compared with charge! Maybe that's why the knockback does not bother me.

I see your question has been very well answered already, so I'll just say welcome, and leave it at that. Keep us posted as you progress. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
To all of the regulars in this thread -- here is an experimental build I've been working on this afternoon.

Link

Starting a new nemesis char, a scion, with the lazy templar in my mind. And this is more or less the build i wanted. so you have already done my work before i know i wanted it done :-)
Think the node "Shaper" is vell worth the 2 points to go up to grab, 40% mana regen and 1% life regen. but guess it depends. Oh well off to work for a few days, guess there will be awesome posts in this thread to read about how to get 3 auras to work etc...the prism shield is awesome for it but kinda worthless else for us tanky people.
"
Testbuild wrote:
Hey Sovyn, could you update your current gear so far if you have time?

It's still pretty much the same, friend. :) Us self found folks don't find many upgrades after a point. Just proves you can succeed with this build with almost any old stuff (well, within reason). I'll get lucky someday though. :)

To be honest, I've been too busy staring at skill trees to play after the patch anyway.
"
any chance on upgraded progression builds?

Thank you very much.

Hi there deadrook :)

Yes, absolutely! However, I do need to decide between the 120 point build in the guide, which is close to my pre-1.0.0 build, and the experimental 120 point build I showed at the top of page 129 before I can reverse engineer it into the lower-level builds.

However, if you are still very low level, I can say to pretty much follow the old progression builds, you want to head for Resolute Technique, then Bulwark along the left-hand path.

Sorry for the delay, just want to make the effort count.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 24, 2013, 2:53:49 AM
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
To all of the regulars in this thread -- here is an experimental build I've been working on this afternoon.

Link

Starting a new nemesis char, a scion, with the lazy templar in my mind. And this is more or less the build i wanted. so you have already done my work before i know i wanted it done :-)
Think the node "Shaper" is vell worth the 2 points to go up to grab, 40% mana regen and 1% life regen. but guess it depends.

Great, Hierokliff! Glad it might be useful to you somehow -- still debating if I want to replace the build in the guide with this one. I'm torn over the 2% life leech I suppose. It does make a noticeable difference. The other stuff lost is probably 'meh'.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Hail, Saviourself! Yes, I absolutely had the D2 pally in mind. The D2 pally was my first D2 character, way back when D2 first launched. He used a scepter and shield, with the skill "charge". Lot of fun. Not as much fun as PoE anymore, but good memories. Using heavy strike with it's knockback component, it feels pretty tame compared with charge! Maybe that's why the knockback does not bother me.

I see your question has been very well answered already, so I'll just say welcome, and leave it at that. Keep us posted as you progress. :)

Yeah, I was more of a zeal pally (which could be problematic once you invested a few too many points in it), so multistrike has me itching to try it, but proc gems first!

The shield charge ability works somewhat similarly to the D2 charge and does some pretty significant damage for little cost + it's great for charging out of a bind when she goes wonky...
Hello sovyn,I've just found a sword.

I think it suits the build,right?
IGN:NUCKY_RANGER
my 2cp - though I am not Sovyn! :)

That is a nice sword - though accuracy doesnt do anything for us (due to that keystone where you never miss, and never crit).

The beauty - atleast for me - of this build is that it doesnt restrict you to one single type of 1H weapon.

Hi all,

First thanks for this guide that ll help me a lot ^^

I have a question concerning your "20 point progression build (approximately level 18)".

As you can see on the picture below, there are skills that are selected without the previous one needed to get access to the next skill being selected.

How to do such a thing because i can't and i need to select both skills that aren't selected on the picture above to get access to the other ones that are connected ?

Thanks in advance for helping on this subject :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info