[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Do triggers go besides our normal actions or do they interrupt?
If we get swarmed and have curse on hit - enfeeble.
Do we just stand still then and chain enfeeble?

Not sure if all of the triggers are useful for us... will be very fun to test and see.

Good thing with the aura change is that we get 3-4 gem slots free.
Bad thing is the auras cost 60%.
With a level 20 reduced mana gem its down to 42.6%
if there are 5 5% reduce reserved mana nodes i think we can use 3 mana auras. But so many nodes just to be able to use 3 auras...might be worth it, might not. a nerf for us that likes to soloplay.

I do look forward to the changes, especially the new maps and all new builds
maybe ive should have sold my soul taker for 100 exalted, but i like it
They're keeping legacy uniques, just don't reroll your uniques if they were fixed because they'll reroll into the new values. Soul Taker will remain just as godly as it is, and probably increase in godliness because older Soul Takers will do more dps.

The Trigger gems cast their linked spell with no animation and no interrupt.
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
They're keeping legacy uniques, just don't reroll your uniques if they were fixed because they'll reroll into the new values. Soul Taker will remain just as godly as it is, and probably increase in godliness because older Soul Takers will do more dps.

The Trigger gems cast their linked spell with no animation and no interrupt.

There are higher maps with this release and with every new major patch there will be higher and higher itemlevels and better and better gear... but i made my soul taker myself i like it, ill use it until i die and end up in softcore.

Hmm if they go besides normal abilities and dont use time or mana it will be great. dont think i trust the trigger gems in the start to add a bloodmagic gem to them. well sad i work for a few days now so i cant play and test.

got a few templars level 60+ to testtrain before i try my living hardcore char...
How important is Determination for this build? I have not seen any patch notes on that skill, any word on that? It's not even listed on the patch notes in the launcher.

The idea of a shield templar has appealed to me for a long time, so I hope that this build is still viable after the patch - looking forward to your build update Mr.Sovyn!

Regards,
Frizz
What do you think about Scion using a variation of this build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZX_gryRTrhtz7GrjwtxPYn7fPdrKpyqXzZGS7ZYVcN-6rzBqC01I-53fIv0iGezacw974UIAHnNuhkoxpVYSGE75uDU99Y24TZZU1uab6n0k3AD3Tteu9gSwUtQKCeuayvIWB08RjbW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9Vvp0QXfXfyvWiu4OGtvXy7fTPeJI7hutWfPAGpBVZp760nB9qZVRYIBWT30dFEw1KMXzvkd-
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Hmm if they go besides normal abilities and dont use time or mana it will be great. dont think i trust the trigger gems in the start to add a bloodmagic gem to them. well sad i work for a few days now so i cant play and test.

According to Alpha testers, the cast when damage taken trigger does not use mana, so a BM support gem may not be required. However, it was subject to change. If it does change for release, I would be hesitant to use a BM support as it would cause life to go down quite a lot if one took a few hits in a row.
"
Frizz_za wrote:
How important is Determination for this build? I have not seen any patch notes on that skill, any word on that? It's not even listed on the patch notes in the launcher.

The idea of a shield templar has appealed to me for a long time, so I hope that this build is still viable after the patch - looking forward to your build update Mr.Sovyn!

Regards,
Frizz

Hi, Frizz, and welcome!

Determination is essential - I think they did not mention it in the patch notes because it's staying the same except for the adjustment from 40% to 60% mana reserved.

It will still be an excellent build after the patch. :)

I'll be updating the guide later today.
Just wondering what's the hardcore viability of this build with the new patch? Am intending to try a shield-using templar on Nemesis :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Frizz_za wrote:

Regards,
Frizz

Hi, Frizz, and welcome!

Determination is essential - I think they did not mention it in the patch notes because it's staying the same except for the adjustment from 40% to 60% mana reserved.

It will still be an excellent build after the patch. :)

I'll be updating the guide later today.

thank u sovyn for updating the built to it is a lovely build and its nice that we can keep using it.
"
wum1ng wrote:
Just wondering what's the hardcore viability of this build with the new patch? Am intending to try a shield-using templar on Nemesis :)

Welcome, wum1ng!

It's excellent (for a melee build). You won't be competing with totem users for survivability for obvious reasons though. I'd explore going semi-ranged with it with something like Lightning Strike, Reave or most promisingly, the new 1.0.0 skill, Spectral Throw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info