[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I started this build the other day and I just reached lvl 60 on HC and it was fairly easy but pretty slow using a random crappy axe with heavy strike. The lack of aoe is the big issue for me, I tried using infernal blow but I didn't really like it. Helped a lot when I was able to acquire a 5L chest and add splash.

I think starting Nemesis it's going to be a lot tougher but I think every build would be starting from scratch.

If you want AoE, use Reave/Lightning strike/Cleave. Allthough they all want multistrike gem to be great. The great thing with this build is that we can use any 1h weapon. just level up an extra skill gem so that you can switch if you find an awesome dagger, mace, sword etc..
Did start a new templar and havent got an extra multistrike, and damned its painful to play without it...

I kind of forgot that we could use any 1h weapon, so I was only keeping a lookout for axes, however I never found any rare swords anyway. So reave wasn't really an option, although I did lvl it up as I went. Also, no multistrike dropped so that wasn't an option. I ended up linking heavy strike with blood magic, added melee damage and life on hit that I could switch out for faster attacks later and then eventually managed to add splash on top of that with a 5L chest. At that point, the clear speed was very good, but it took me 60 lvls to get there :P

I wish I rolled swords instead so that I could use Reave. Anyway, it was fun face tanking everything, I didn't feel I was in danger at all, but I think most of my gear, other than the weapon, was pretty good. Had capped resists all the time, and used the unique shield with 40% block and the amulet that added spell block. Think that combo helped a lot.

if you find an chaos orb, you could probably buy both the crest of perandus and the level 20 unique dagger and then clear fast with reave until lvl 40 before wanting a new weapon.
A fast dagger works very well, maybe because ive become an attackspeedaddict.-)
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I ended up linking heavy strike with blood magic, added melee damage and life on hit that I could switch out for faster attacks later and then eventually managed to add splash on top of that with a 5L chest. At that point, the clear speed was very good, but it took me 60 lvls to get there :P

Sounds like you are overdue to switch out the blood magic gem for a damage support gem and get a mana leech item. :) HS + melee phys + added fire dmg + splash is decent if you can't get a multistrike. Might run into trouble with mana adding life gain on hit though. Maybe with enough mana regen from gear. Leech is queued to 12.5% of your max mana per second but with enough regen you can push the envelope a bit.
Is this getting nerfed come release? It is a really simple build?? I got a 60 templar on it.. pls dont say they are going to nerf it all now..??
"
siontheman wrote:
Is this getting nerfed come release? It is a really simple build?? I got a 60 templar on it.. pls dont say they are going to nerf it all now..??

Nope, no real nerf that I am aware of. Might have to get a little more elemental resists on gear, but it remains to be seen.
What I really wanna ask too guys is Is the weaver fight normally pretty hard? and some Elite mobs in the cross road (packs of blue mobs) like the brown bull's for instance! They hit very hard? Is this normal? I was a level 60 templar, 2k HP 2700 Armor.. everything done properly? the mobs are level 58 though..?

RESISTS : 35 FIRE % 77 COLD % 77 ELECTRIC %

49% BLOCK CHANCE.
Last edited by siontheman on Oct 21, 2013, 5:23:52 PM
"
siontheman wrote:
What I really wanna ask too guys is Is the weaver fight normally pretty hard? and some Elite mobs in the cross road (packs of blue mobs) like the brown bull's for instance! They hit very hard? Is this normal? I was a level 60 templar, 2k HP 2700 Armor.. everything done properly? the mobs are level 58 though..?

49% BLOCK CHANCE.

The Weaver was buffed quite a lot recently.

I apologize if I am telling you things you already know, but your block chance and fire resist are too low. Especially the block chance as that's the main thrust of this build. If you are following the guide, you will notice in the level 60 build I have posted that you should have 37% block chance from the tree. You need either a decent crafted/found 'rare' shield with 38% chance to block (base item would be a corrugated buckler, or wait for a vaal buckler), or Crest of Perandus to complete the standard build at your level.
"
siontheman wrote:

49% BLOCK CHANCE.

Weaver fight is insane hard unless you prepare for it.
Did almost die against her using reave, when i noticed that i could only hit the first mobs and there did just spawn more and more spiders...

so did go grab a level 1 dominating blow to have as kill hit. Then i did start to level a second attack gem :-P
TLDR for patch notes:

"
Characters now receive 8 life per level rather than 6.
Soul Taker: Increased Physical Damage has been reduced.
Rainbowstride: All Elemental Resistances has been reduced.
Weapon Elemental Damage: Mana cost reduced. Damage reduced by 21%.

Auras
For all Auras: Base area of effect has been increased. The area of effect bonus from quality has been doubled.
The mana cost for all auras except Clarity has been changed to 60% reservation.
Anger: Damage has been increased.
Wrath: Damage has been increased.
Hatred: Damage increase has been increased.
Purity: Maximum resistances provided have been reduced.
Haste: Attack Speed, Cast Speed and Movement speed increases have been increased. Haste now follows the same progression of area of effect changes as other auras.
Vitality: Life Regeneration has been increased.
Discipline: Energy Shield granted has been increased.
Grace: Evasion granted has been increased.
Clarity: The mana regeneration has been increased by around 15% at all levels.

Well there go the auras. I was hoping we could run three, but it ends up we can only run two auras. I'll probably go with Determination and either Grace or Hatred. Oh, and consider rerolling your Soul Taker to high % phys damage or Rainbowstrides to max block before the patch, it's your last chance.

Edit: At least we'll have a lot more gem slots now!
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Oct 22, 2013, 8:26:35 AM
Yes I understand my fire is too low! But this is unbuffed? when I got all 3 auras on I am with 77% all around? so 37% is too low? hmm.. that sucks :( how can I increase really?

Check my lvl 65's gear and tell me what I should do? :)
Last edited by siontheman on Oct 22, 2013, 11:15:24 AM
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
TLDR for patch notes:

"
Characters now receive 8 life per level rather than 6.
Soul Taker: Increased Physical Damage has been reduced.
Rainbowstride: All Elemental Resistances has been reduced.
Weapon Elemental Damage: Mana cost reduced. Damage reduced by 21%.

Auras
For all Auras: Base area of effect has been increased. The area of effect bonus from quality has been doubled.
The mana cost for all auras except Clarity has been changed to 60% reservation.
Anger: Damage has been increased.
Wrath: Damage has been increased.
Hatred: Damage increase has been increased.
Purity: Maximum resistances provided have been reduced.
Haste: Attack Speed, Cast Speed and Movement speed increases have been increased. Haste now follows the same progression of area of effect changes as other auras.
Vitality: Life Regeneration has been increased.
Discipline: Energy Shield granted has been increased.
Grace: Evasion granted has been increased.
Clarity: The mana regeneration has been increased by around 15% at all levels.

Well there go the auras. I was hoping we could run three, but it ends up we can only run two auras. I'll probably go with Determination and either Grace or Hatred. Oh, and consider rerolling your Soul Taker to high % phys damage or Rainbowstrides to max block before the patch, it's your last chance.

Edit: At least we'll have a lot more gem slots now!

Thanks for posting the summary of pertinent patch notes, seiferoth!

So, on the auras, it's about what we expected. Determination and Grace will be fine. Every build will need more resists on gear after this patch -- but we will still have the advantage of the 20% resists from the tree that others do not.

The only thing that remains to be seen is whether or not the new aura cost reduction nodes will be worth sacrificing other necessary nodes for or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info