[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
iceraman wrote:

thank u sovyn for updating the built to it is a lovely build and its nice that we can keep using it.

Thanks for posting, iceramen! I'm glad you like the build. :)
Build update for 1.0.0

Here is my preliminary build update. You will notice it is almost identical to the old one. That's because I want to have something that works available for you all by the time the servers come up. :)

Experimentation will wait for a later time.

link to build.

You will notice there may be too many block nodes if you have certain uniques. The first one to remove would the plain 2% one near Phalanx.
My first trigger gem idea was to have whendmgtaken->molten shell->curseonhit->enfeeble. The idea being youd get molten shell at ~400 dmg or whatever, and when it explodes, has a chance to enfeeble. Maybe not the best use of slots, but I thought it was an interesting idea. It'll probably just get stuck in a molten shell loop before exploding out, or something dumb like that.
"
butteryone wrote:
My first trigger gem idea was to have whendmgtaken->molten shell->curseonhit->enfeeble. The idea being youd get molten shell at ~400 dmg or whatever, and when it explodes, has a chance to enfeeble. Maybe not the best use of slots, but I thought it was an interesting idea. It'll probably just get stuck in a molten shell loop before exploding out, or something dumb like that.

It's a neat idea! I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if it will work in practice.... please keep us informed if you test it out. :)
Weellll f**** i lost all my auras and almost 40% of my damage (was at 9k dmg now sitting on 5.5k) and berserking is out reach, i can technically reach it in 7 lvls =(
Plus side i got to 5k life=)
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
Notes on Auras:

If you want to use 2 auras with a level 20 Reduced Mana, it will reserve 85% of your mana.

If you want 2 auras and Tempest Shield (25% reserved), with a level 20 RM you will need at least one extra 4% reduced mana reservation node, then it will reserve 99% of your mana.

If you want to use 2 auras and Purity (40% reserved), with a level 20 RM you will need 12% total reduced mana reserved nodes (not 100% sure on this, depending on how they round, the math calculates to 99.968% reserved).

If you want to use 3 auras, with a level 20 RM you will need 22% total reduced mana reserved nodes (again depending on rounding, math shows 99.684% reserved).

Now, the part you can actually put to use:

The upper left reduced mana ring gives 16% reduced mana reserved, and a bonus 12% increased effect of your auras on yourself. That will enable you to run 2 Auras (Determination and Grace) and Purity. Purity level 20 provides 27% all resist and 2 max resist, bump that to 30% all resist. Determination level 20 provides 51% armor, bump that to 57% armor (if you extrapolate the levels, that's a level 25 Determination). Grace level 20 provides 2016 evasion, bump that to 2258 (if you extrapolate the levels that's a level 25 Grace).

If you: skip both the typical 2 10% resist nodes with a shield and one of the 12% resist nodes, you only need one more point for all that extra benefit of 12% increased effect on yourself.

Conclusion: Get the reduced mana ring in the upper left, run Purity, skip some all resist nodes.

Edit: For you lucky Soul Taker owners, you're even luckier! There's a node right next to where we usually pass called Fell the Weak. It gives 20% phys dmg with axes, 20% accuracy with axes, and 10% armor all in 1 node! It's to the left of the Templar starting area.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Oct 23, 2013, 5:24:34 PM
"
Borislav wrote:
Weellll f**** i lost all my auras and almost 40% of my damage (was at 9k dmg now sitting on 5.5k) and berserking is out reach, i can technically reach it in 7 lvls =(

Nice life total, Borislav! :)
"
seiferoth10 wrote:

The upper left reduced mana ring gives 16% reduced mana reserved, and a bonus 12% increased effect of your auras on yourself. That will enable you to run 2 Auras (Determination and Grace) and Purity. Purity level 20 provides 27% all resist and 2 max resist, bump that to 30% all resist. Determination level 20 provides 51% armor, bump that to 57% armor (if you extrapolate the levels, that's a level 25 Determination). Grace level 20 provides 2016 evasion, bump that to 2258 (if you extrapolate the levels that's a level 25 Grace).

If you: skip both the typical 2 10% resist nodes with a shield and one of the 12% resist nodes, you only need one more point for all that extra benefit of 12% increased effect on yourself.

Conclusion: Get the reduced mana ring in the upper left, run Purity, skip some all resist nodes.

Thank you, seiferoth, I will consider it. However, I suspect that the average Joe will only be able to run two auras and still have enough mana remaining for skills even with this circle, so I'm not sure if the official build can include it. More research required. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 23, 2013, 6:00:41 PM
Just FYI everyone, I've spent the couple of hours updating the guide to reflect the new changes in auras and the introduction of trigger gems.

It's all set for 1.0.0 except for the progression builds, and any remaining optimizations that my research may turn up at a later time, of course.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Borislav wrote:

Nice life total, Borislav! :)

And than comes aura on life and i get 2.3k =)
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info