So i did the first Uber atziri as 2h melee[recorded it], my feedback.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
After doing that fight, its pretty obvious that they did not test it enough with 2h melee characters, since most stuff in the game in not balanced around having legacy or mirrored gear, but this fight pretty much requires you have these items, which you cant get in new leagues and which are very hard to get even in parent leagues.

Nice post, Vic. Sadly it isn't just Ubers, it's all end game in FM.

I've been waiting for a veteran to give some 2H feedback in FM. It was a long time coming because most people are either leveling in temp leagues, metaofthemonth in temp leagues, metaofthemonth in parent leagues or in full mirrored and legacy gear in parent leagues. Then it is usual that even a case that did go 2H in non-OP gear, they are hidden in a party of metaofthemonths :).

Damage in FM is way off the mark for 2H, WAY FUCKING OFF.

My legacy Kaom's thrower, pre FM would facetank Shrine Piety in all forms with up to 4 stacking rip mods. Now that was kinda OP but nothing a 1H and shield couldn't do better, but now? Now her lightning warp take off will hit me for 6-7k in a WHITE MAP.

I resumed the 1.0 2H Spec Throw + Double Strike in SotV as best I could, it took a hit in both life and damage but was still end game solo map viable. I tried, in FM to do the same, massive loss in life, loss in max resists and an increase in damage. Sadly, for a no crit 2H build whose damage is more in the tank range than the dps range, the damage increase and survival nerf simply couldn't compete with the rather insane spike damage in end game maps in FM.

This character is lvl 99, was expecting to end game map solo to 100 in FM as a 2H build.
Sadly she is now relegated to running blue or white 73s for ~1 to 2% in several hours before I switch to other characters for the rest of the day.

Block + spell block + lightning coil, huge deeps, crit and generosities or GTFO.
I really dislike this radical forced meta every few months.

Thanks for posting this thread, Vic. I was beginning to think it was never going to appear.
Thanks, a ton.

And gratz.
Its good to see some big names giving their opinion on this matter as well, that it supports alot of whats been being said by alot of 2H Melees. You dont see very many people ever talking about 2H issues, seems like the threads go pretty much entirely ignored by the community and GGG for the most part.

Hopefully topics like this get more attention.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Grats on the kill, Vic. Shitty though the circumstance may have been, you've done something a lot of players will never do--beat Atziri with class.

Spoiler
"
johnKeys wrote:
BattleToads.
Can you imagine if BattleToads, or Ghosts and Goblins for that matter, had desync and FPS crashes from atmospheric effects? :trollface:
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
johnKeys wrote:
very impressive man.

but you have gear better than what I consider completely unreachable for me, good playing skills, and a solid build by the looks of it - and still struggle as melee.
hell I should just give up my hope of ever being able to defeat Uber Atziri.
normal Atziri took me out in under a minute, in the single time I was able to pass the RNG fragments check AND her insanely overpowered lackeys.

I'll just save myself the frustration of ever trying that again.
not one to back down from a challenge, but this is not a challenge. it's just ridiculous.
did all the Uber Tristram chain in D2, some of the craziest things in Median, and insanely difficult stuff in countless other games (hi there, Demon's Souls) - and none of that felt as unfair as this.

actually... no. wait.
BattleToads. yes. that's the one.
oh god.

I agree, seriously this fight is the hardest thing ive done in a game i think, and it shouldnt have been this hard considering i got pretty much best in slot gear for it and spent a lot of time planning it...

Basically for 2h melee to do this fight in the current state of the game is pretty much like throwing a dice, in a roulette wheel and then lobbing them in a washing machine, its just a bunch of "Will i spelldodge this lightning beam, lets roll the dice..." and then add desync to that and you get a fight that requires you to play perfectly and to get lucky if you make a mistake, and to get lucky and never get desync in the wrong place. I got lucky a lot of times.

I updated the thread with my build, in case anyone is interested, i thought it would be worth sharing since people should see how completely desperate 2h melee is that i need to get acro and spelldodge to do the fight so i at least have some chance of not dying, basically i got way out of my way for those nodes just to have roughly the same defences as a character with a few block nodes and some spellblock, things which are invaluable for this fight, if i hadnt gotten acro i would not have been able to get past vaals i think.

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 17, 2014, 7:19:39 PM
Grats on the amazing patience and run itself. Out of curiousity can that staff roll any better at all or is it actually perfect (top rolls on all top tier affixes)

For the run which parts of this were the 'broken' parts in terms of damage. There is a strong trend that elemental damage itself is the biggest broken factor, because of the scaling resists, but it seems like the physical damage itself in those few times you didn't have IC up were much more ridiculous.

I assume you don't have maximum armour possible but you do appear to have very decent levels of armour, so those hits being so solid make me wonder if physical damage is also out of whack.

As for the 2hers, they really just don't have proper defense at all. They are meant to be that all or nothing crazy damage output, but their damage output isn't crazy (and can't compete with the shavronne tyle builds), and then they fall behind in defense
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
There is plenty of stuff GGG doesn't test, but what business odes anyone have of even going with melee 2H in an ARPG? Have those builds ever been good, ever?

Have you ever played a Pouncesin from Median XL?
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
Grats on the amazing patience and run itself. Out of curiousity can that staff roll any better at all or is it actually perfect (top rolls on all top tier affixes)

For the run which parts of this were the 'broken' parts in terms of damage. There is a strong trend that elemental damage itself is the biggest broken factor, because of the scaling resists, but it seems like the physical damage itself in those few times you didn't have IC up were much more ridiculous.

I assume you don't have maximum armour possible but you do appear to have very decent levels of armour, so those hits being so solid make me wonder if physical damage is also out of whack.

As for the 2hers, they really just don't have proper defense at all. They are meant to be that all or nothing crazy damage output, but their damage output isn't crazy (and can't compete with the shavronne tyle builds), and then they fall behind in defense

The IPD can roll to 240something%, the crit multi can roll to 37% and the flat phys can roll to 36-68, but theres now way i was gonna wait until jin divines it to perfection because that can take a long time when you have 6 mods that each rolls randomly when you use a divine .

I have no armor at all since im using acrobatics/phase acro, which is mandatory pretty much, i dont think i would have gotten far without it, but you can see with the damage they do you need a LOT of armor to mitigate that, and you cant afford to stack armor, or more life, cause then youll die to spells and projectiles.

they have neither defense nor dps, in my opinion the defense is just so low that even if they buff the dps to insane amounts it will still not be that amazing because you can just die to so much stuff..

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 17, 2014, 7:36:03 PM
I think there is a dual issue of the passive tree and the items themselves.

The base item damage outputs are higher than the 1hers, but not significantly so. I think a straight buff to the base items would help with those damage numbers being at least 'reasonable'. Looking at how long it took just to kill white and blues with that sort of gear and tree.....

For the defense I agree that should be tied into the tree. Giving combined nodes, that are not as effective but at least give some defense would be good. In the end all numbers come back to life, as once you've hit 75 resist beyond a few options you can't decrease the damage being taken any further.

But I also think that looking at the base dps, and the dps after perfect mods, 2hers are just falling apart compared with the comparable 1her. Crit itself is also a factor that hurts the 2hers because of that base crit rate on anything not a staff, but the aspd and flat dmg affixes have a much higher effect on 1her than 2her because of lower base dmg and higher aspd.

"
Real_Wolf wrote:
I think there is a dual issue of the passive tree and the items themselves.

The base item damage outputs are higher than the 1hers, but not significantly so. I think a straight buff to the base items would help with those damage numbers being at least 'reasonable'. Looking at how long it took just to kill white and blues with that sort of gear and tree.....

For the defense I agree that should be tied into the tree. Giving combined nodes, that are not as effective but at least give some defense would be good. In the end all numbers come back to life, as once you've hit 75 resist beyond a few options you can't decrease the damage being taken any further.

But I also think that looking at the base dps, and the dps after perfect mods, 2hers are just falling apart compared with the comparable 1her. Crit itself is also a factor that hurts the 2hers because of that base crit rate on anything not a staff, but the aspd and flat dmg affixes have a much higher effect on 1her than 2her because of lower base dmg and higher aspd.

I agree a buff to the base 2h items would be a good start, in damage and in base crit, with a bunch of crit chacne nodes for 2h weapons around, to at least make 2h weapon users more varied, not all of them speccing into RT if theyre not using a staff.

It makes sense for 2h weapons to attack slower, but why do they have to have a low base crit i dont know. I think it would be a great approach to buff the base crit of 2h weapons, add some crit nodes around for 2h, not too many but enough to get you to 30-40% crit chance with a good weapon and decent gear, this would help a lot in terms of dps.

And what would make sense when it comes to crits is that 2h weapons should confer higher base crit multiplier since it would make sense, you dont crit as often as with daggers, but when you do you should do massive damage since youre using a weapon 5 times larger than a dagger.
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 17, 2014, 7:48:53 PM
"
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
There is plenty of stuff GGG doesn't test, but what business odes anyone have of even going with melee 2H in an ARPG? Have those builds ever been good, ever?

Have you ever played a Pouncesin from Median XL?

Never played MXL actually. Anything PoE can take from it?
Awesome kill. And thanks for not using dubstep or Linkin Park as background music.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info