So i did the first Uber atziri as 2h melee[recorded it], my feedback.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Rogue exiles are awesome. Only one was *truly* overtuned. Orra was insane on release.

@Anuhart, why you stand next to Lightning Warp? It has a cast animation.

I don't.

Spoiler
If you didn't realise, I was comparing pre FM when I could literally facetank all forms with stacking rip mods, compared to now where her mere warp take off will hit me for several thousand. After she did it the first time (which I completely expected to tickle) I won't again. In fact, I won't even take this character in there again, animation or not, with desync as it is, there's no way I'm putting a lvl 99 in situations where that sort of damage occurs as a 2H.

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
While I don't disagree with the conclusion, I don't think that basing balancing decisions on uber atziri is a good idea.

OMG, did I just read something critical of GGG?

I could be wrong, but I think he was critical of Vic's feedback, conclusions and any resulting future balance being based on Uber Atziri, rather than any existing GGG balance. There's a few posts ITT, though, that example why the 2H issue is not Atziri exclusive.

Spoiler
"

That's nothing. You should see the vitriol he unleashes on alpha.

Or I could be lying. He might be a painful sycophant there, as you seem to think he is here. Because, y'know, that's what a smart company does. Taps yesmen without a single critical thought to share for crucial testing.

Sorry, is this the part where I use my Sarcastic Emoticon?

Yes? Okay.

^_^

Done derailing? Excellent. Moving on.

I would think Alpha requires a wide spectrum including poles apart members. Slayer is a good choice, after all, they have Mors.

I jest, I jest.

Smiley emote

:)
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 17, 2014, 10:26:31 AM
Gratz on the kill Vic, impressive stuff. And look at that Death Rush doing work heh.

While Uber Atziri shouldn't be the benchmark for game balance, 2h has been in need of a proper buff for a while. If Cyclone wouldn't exist this kill would never happen. Bows got their treatment this time around, hopefully it will be 2h next. Imo it simply needs some buffs to 2h nodes, nothing too big actually, maybe even 1-2 new melee skills that will help that whole playstyle in general.
IGN: Yeph
holy that 8k+ flameblast at the end

gz
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
After doing that fight, its pretty obvious that they did not test it enough with 2h melee characters, since most stuff in the game in not balanced around having legacy or mirrored gear, but this fight pretty much requires you have these items, which you cant get in new leagues and which are very hard to get even in parent leagues.

Nice post, Vic. Sadly it isn't just Ubers, it's all end game in FM.

I've been waiting for a veteran to give some 2H feedback in FM. It was a long time coming because most people are either leveling in temp leagues, metaofthemonth in temp leagues, metaofthemonth in parent leagues or in full mirrored and legacy gear in parent leagues. Then it is usual that even a case that did go 2H in non-OP gear, they are hidden in a party of metaofthemonths :).

Damage in FM is way off the mark for 2H, WAY FUCKING OFF.

My legacy Kaom's thrower, pre FM would facetank Shrine Piety in all forms with up to 4 stacking rip mods. Now that was kinda OP but nothing a 1H and shield couldn't do better, but now? Now her lightning warp take off will hit me for 6-7k in a WHITE MAP.

I resumed the 1.0 2H Spec Throw + Double Strike in SotV as best I could, it took a hit in both life and damage but was still end game solo map viable. I tried, in FM to do the same, massive loss in life, loss in max resists and an increase in damage. Sadly, for a no crit 2H build whose damage is more in the tank range than the dps range, the damage increase and survival nerf simply couldn't compete with the rather insane spike damage in end game maps in FM.

This character is lvl 99, was expecting to end game map solo to 100 in FM as a 2H build.
Sadly she is now relegated to running blue or white 73s for ~1 to 2% in several hours before I switch to other characters for the rest of the day.

Block + spell block + lightning coil, huge deeps, crit and generosities or GTFO.
I really dislike this radical forced meta every few months.

Thanks for posting this thread, Vic. I was beginning to think it was never going to appear.
Thanks, a ton.

And gratz.

I agree, the damage is just insane, you need extremely high regen and leech to tank now, which is very hard to get, there simply isnt enough damage reduction for 2h chars now, and also not dps to simply out-dps and leech off the mobs before they kill you.

That sucks quite a lot at 99, i would also be pretty scared to lose 10% because of some ridiculous damage from dominus or piety, its really ridiculous considering you have pretty much perfect gear on your ST-er and now with this stupid damage it cant do the same stuff it did before..

"
cGramma wrote:
Gratz on the kill Vic, impressive stuff. And look at that Death Rush doing work heh.

While Uber Atziri shouldn't be the benchmark for game balance, 2h has been in need of a proper buff for a while. If Cyclone wouldn't exist this kill would never happen. Bows got their treatment this time around, hopefully it will be 2h next. Imo it simply needs some buffs to 2h nodes, nothing too big actually, maybe even 1-2 new melee skills that will help that whole playstyle in general.

Of course it shouldnt be a benchmark for balancing stuff, but it can show how underpowered these cahracters are, i pretty much have BiS gear on this duelist and it BARELY did uber, while other characters do it with 50 times less the cost and faster.

I really hope a buff is coming soon for these builds.

Updated the OP with a bit more feedback on RT, 2h dps, and how to improve it.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
While I don't disagree with the conclusion, I don't think that basing balancing decisions on uber atziri is a good idea.

OMG, did I just read something critical of GGG?

That's nothing. You should see the vitriol he unleashes on alpha.

Or I could be lying. He might be a painful sycophant there, as you seem to think he is here.

Have you no idea how elitist this kind of insider trash talk makes you sound?
kudos to you good sir!

im impressed, i wont have the patience to deal with trash mobs like you did

and i vouch that the buff is needed.
It's so nice to watch an Alluring Abyss run without techno/house crap music.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
very impressive man.

but you have gear better than what I consider completely unreachable for me, good playing skills, and a solid build by the looks of it - and still struggle as melee.
hell I should just give up my hope of ever being able to defeat Uber Atziri.
normal Atziri took me out in under a minute, in the single time I was able to pass the RNG fragments check AND her insanely overpowered lackeys.

I'll just save myself the frustration of ever trying that again.
not one to back down from a challenge, but this is not a challenge. it's just ridiculous.
did all the Uber Tristram chain in D2, some of the craziest things in Median, and insanely difficult stuff in countless other games (hi there, Demon's Souls) - and none of that felt as unfair as this.

actually... no. wait.
BattleToads. yes. that's the one.
oh god.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 17, 2014, 1:26:37 PM
Gz dude finally did it first 2h character with an uber video!
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Gz dude finally did it first 2h character with an uber video!

Agree, but 35 min and not full clear with death? I think Uber not okay as its now... special with legacy items and mirrors items, where balance team looking for? Oh, reddit, yea that where they are.

BTW if we start about 2H, i think dual must be buffed too (20% More Attack Speed + 50% More Attack Physical damage + 20% Block Chance + 5% MS)
And facebreakers must be buffed (add unarmed big big node with insane +more dmg and unarmed)

Oh, and fix life node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info