Upcoming 1.2.3 Pets

That deer is so simple, what an insipid mtx pet.

The spider is waay too small, i bet you wont even notice its colors in-game

and the crab is just.. bahh.. Boring.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Next pet idea? I've got it...

... the famed and legendary thylacine, also known the world over as the Tasmanian tiger.
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
As popular as pets are they would be exponentially more popular if they had an in game function such as looting currency or carried stuff for you like they do in Torchlight. :-)
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Sep 16, 2014, 9:17:24 AM
"
unsmith wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Now just tell the thread, with a straight face, that no build or player should be opening a box without the use of smoke mine.

It's what I would do. It always works as long as you have line of sight from the box to the mine, and always gets you out of trouble. Plus, when timed correctly, it lays down some Blind for added safety.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Tell the thread why smoke mine will work when FA+LS wont.
Tell the thread why smoke mine will work when LW+FC+RD wont.
Tell the thread this while not appearing to be making excuses for broken game mechanics, bad design, malfunctioning skills, desync, over tuned damage and the continuous ignoring and aggravating thereof by GGG.

Explain just why this was justified, that smoke mine should have been used and why this character's Leap, Faster Attacks, Unwavering Stance shouldn't work.

And remember, a straight face.

Two things I noticed about that clip:

1) You didn't sync before opening the box. It's possible you were slightly out of sync when opening it. Which likely caused...

2) You got stuck on something and therefore didn't leap out, and the mass amounts of exploding spawn is what killed you. Unwavering Stance would not have come into play here, you weren't hit by an attack.

So you can rail about desync all you want, but you clearly know about Smoke Mine and it's usefulness here, but you choose not to use it. It would surely have worked here as it works in all other cases, but you chose to use a method prone to failure when desynced. Hell, you could have used a Quartz flask to make sure you didn't get stuck on a mob or something.

That was a completely preventable death had you taken the proper precautions. Everyone knows that desync exists, choosing to do things that can go bad when desynced is all on you. In hardcore, wouldn't you want to do everything possible to make sure you stay alive?

PoE, the only game that offers a mandatory skill, a mandatory flask and a mandatory pre-emptive /command to overcome how broken it is.

PoE, the only game with players that actually accept this crap as gameplay.

Dev~ How's the testing going on boxes?

QA~ Well you will need to use a quartz, smoke mine is an absolute must skill and you'll need to use a /command before opening or it's just gonna be instant RIP.

Dev~ Sounds good to go then.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 16, 2014, 9:50:39 AM
"
Chameleon wrote:
As popular as pets are they would be exponentially more popular if they had an in game function such as looting currency or carried stuff for you like they do in Torchlight. :-)

i agree
and what about ... sheep? i know you have too many of them in nz but i would really like to have my own sheep farm.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The crab and the spider will be pretty cheap. Which is a good thing cuz I think many people would love to have some more economical mtx available.

They could still add variations to it as they did with wetas, scorpions and the like ...
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Kid_Galahad wrote:
Great, love it guys.

F
F
FANBOY
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
So what's the over/under on the price of these bits of digital bling? $15? $20? I want to support the game, but there's just nothing 'micro' about these transactions anymore, and as a result I haven't put any money into the game since....maybe open beta? I'm building a lightning based character and thought hey, I'll check the lightning weapon effect....and it's $27? Seriously?

You might want to check the weapon effects in the Classic subsection: they range from 1.5 to 3.5 dollars and look great! Instead of lightning weapon effect, you could buy azure weapon effect and still roleplay your lightning based character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/classic-effects#
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I bet someone's gonna buy a hundred of those spiders and put them all in the hideout :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info