Talfus - The Melter Crit Arc build [ 1.3 ]

---- 29/03/2015. ----

Welcome visitor, you have just entered in my second full explained build that I made in Torment league which I think its worth to share with the community.

Hello, guys if you're looking for cheap, fast killing, effective and fun to play build here is the place for you.

NEW UPDATED! - Changed all the forum pictures.

Character:

I'm level 90 Shadow Crit Arc build playing in Torment, started to play in the very first day of the league. I had the need to again make some cheap build beginners welcome which is really really cheap, strong and able to solo the content.

Why Crit Arc?
- I'm big fan of crit caster builds. There's no better thing than Shocking and Freezing stuff in the same time.

Bandit Quest Rewards :
Normal - Kill all;
Cruel - Help Allira for +4% cast speed;
Merciless - Help Allira for +1 power charge;

Actual passive tree [1.3 UPDATED]

This is the latest version of my passive tree it really works for me, but you can of course test some things out with the build there is no wrong or right in this game TRIAL & ERROR is the key to success.

The build is really viable for transition from HP to CI but I prefer to stick with HP based build since its cheaper, and what I mean cheap is that you're just stashing your currency at one point.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAc7PwaxXnl5dFfIw2y70HY2HiVUsmlRa_oi5QQg5IcFKJ03DVXfJjQxGWSVHw1ZUuBx6P-vIdZJ3r9ewYcLvBxYIeiELbCxEPTC0UsN2M2V_gEo0Zfq9Ms1Aw217Q9UGWrrMFQiycH8creC2LbRnAVAj0Vyu9goooO-NE-2QJrJg6WF8qdFVVxvfXm6FYB3zlGGp4L49GHRSOZPemtvr60oCkVdZk5xcvZp7AGnGF1XXMt7FC2rlG1xo4kFWFfRZA7TzVpleUKU-aO-FzogCCm5Z0tobtIGpD_rM=

Alternative link

Here are some Plus and Cons of the build:

Plus:
- Playable by new players;
- Cheap but can also transition to CI;
- Non gear dependent, You can make it work with just rares with HP and resists.;
- No expensive gear required -> Optional uniques will be displayed below;
- Effective;
- Solo and Party Viable;
- Straight forward;
- Fast -> Arc chains everywhere without the need to target monsters manually;
- Melting the content easily;
- Fun to play;
- Viable for late game -> Doing 77-78-79 maps like nothing;
- You can make it work with minimum amount of sockets;
- You can do half regeneration maps but without using Arctic Amour which is risky sometimes;
- Arc is amazing for leveling you are progressing really fast!

Cons:
- Cant do no life regeneration maps;
- If you don't pay enough attention to reflect monsters it might get you killed;
- Hard to mitigate with physical damage until you get your Lightning Coil, and high level Arctic Armour;

Leveling Guide:

Leveling is really really fast. You just start and end with the exact passive tree as you will have in end game. So you make some small changes like going Fire Trapper or something like that and then to respec few points and go to the main tree.It's just important to have your gems level's up and to have good weapons for your level.Dual wand or daggers, with high critical damage, spell power and is best if one of them have +2 lightning skill's and cast speed in the beginning.

Note: My Arc is 19 level. Will update pictures on level 20.

Damage without Charges

Damage with Charges

Misc, Charges and Defence

Weapons:

- Dual Wield Weapons - You need cast speed, spellpower and high critical chance rolls. I use Dual Cybil's Paw Thresher Claw for cast speed and life leech right now and I'm really liking it.

Optional for leveling is to have +2 Lightning skill at one of the wand or the dagger to boost your arc levels even further.

You can also instead of using dual wand or dual dagger (my personal preference) you might want to be a little bit more defensive and add good shield in the offhand

Armour and Jewellery:

- From Armour - Lightning Coil is cheap and great Armour to help you mitigate with physical damage. Once you're able to sustain it you'll instantly feel the difference. It's a must have item on my opinion for this build and it's also cheap.
- From Amulet - HP, resists and if possible some critical damage or cast speed or you can use something with high mana regeneration I'm using Atziri's Foible
Paua Amulet.
- From Rings - You also need HP, resists but if you want to sustain your Arctic Armour on high levels you need mana regeneration on one or both of those two rings.
- Helmet - [Optional]. Geofri's Crest for helmet, because it gives good resists and also chaos resist. Also that +1 level is really useful. Right now my Aura's are placed there but you can also place your Arc and add Empower and then you have it +3 or +4 levels to your Arc easy.
- Helmet 2 - [Optional]. Alpha's howl. Which I use right now. Immune to freeze is really helpful.
- Belt - [Optional] Doryani's Invitation lightning version - It really give's you amazing Life Leech, even that it's 1 % with your cast's per second 4+ your leeching is really really fast.
- Ring - [Optional] Dream Fragments unique ring. I choose using this because I really hate being frozen but also it has good mana regeneration bonus. Sometimes making you frozen with big pack around can get you killed. Once I got this little guy I have no fear of cold damage anymore.

Dual Cybil's Paw Thresher Claw

Armour

Jewellery

I really recommend you to have an Topaz Flask and Atziri's Promise flask if you see elemental reflect pack of mobs. You just pop both flasks and they will be dead under the time of your flask duration. So you don't have the need to use other skill to kill them for you. It's really important to have good look at your game if you don't see the elemental reflect without popping those flask you will kill yourself after couple hits.

Items

Test some skills variations on your own, you may be really surprised of results in most cases.

On first place using your dual curse then getting your power charges up. When you meet huge pack of physical damage monsters you can use your molten shell and/or Vaal Haste, which will help you deal with the things. Using Lightning Warp from time to time to dont stay in the middle of the action but on safe distance, and that's kinda all of it. It's really awesome build and I enjoy playing it.

Solo or Party play, facing elemental reflect mobs it doesn't matter the build is melting the content and it's working perfectly in every situations you will face.

I hope you like the build, you can post your questions below and I'll have them answered.

My other build's you might like:
Astykon - The Great Freeze Pulse Build

Talfus - The Melter Crit Arc build.

Oakly - Poison Arrow § Searing Bond [Bloodlines]

Talfus - The Elemental Spreader [Bloodlines]

Trying to make guilds more popular in Path of Exile for more information:

SOON

Guild leader of Apotheosis for more information about the guild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/900355
Last edited by Talfus on Mar 29, 2015, 1:54:52 PM
Good guide again mate ! ;)
"
Beardlas wrote:
Good guide again mate ! ;)

Thank you. :)
Great thread !

Made a new shadow to test your build and i just love it !

Currently lvl 70 , have 8,5k dps without charges and without doryani's. Do you think this belt will make a huge difference or is it too expensive ?
What's your thoughts for trying this in Beyond ?
"
xxissuesxx wrote:

Answering as someone who has made, played (and ripped) many Arc builds in HC/Beyond:
It will just do that, rip ;) No defense except AA, only 98% increased maxiumum life - this is a glass cannon really, meant for softcore. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a fun build. But I wouldn't recommend you play this in hc without major alterations.

Best guide for Beyond viable Arc (imo) is KuteKitteh's tanky ARCer, I played his spec twice (with a few variations) and made it to lvl83, before I got an extremely unlucky 1shot from flameblast exile (yeah he critted :X).
"
Mascimewolf wrote:
Great thread !

Made a new shadow to test your build and i just love it !

Currently lvl 70 , have 8,5k dps without charges and without doryani's. Do you think this belt will make a huge difference or is it too expensive ?

When you put that Doryani belt you will instantly feel the difference that 1% Lightning Damage leech is massive upgrade to the build! Glad you like the build.
"
xxissuesxx wrote:

Well I had some experience in Beyond made it to 70+ char, so my thoughts are it will be really really hard to use this build there. You'll be spawning Beyond monsters like crazy. I think the build is not viable at all for Beyond but for Rampage is amazing fun to play I advise you to try it. Killing monsters before they hit you is so nice!
"
therealjcool wrote:
"
xxissuesxx wrote:

Answering as someone who has made, played (and ripped) many Arc builds in HC/Beyond:
It will just do that, rip ;) No defense except AA, only 98% increased maxiumum life - this is a glass cannon really, meant for softcore. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a fun build. But I wouldn't recommend you play this in hc without major alterations.

Best guide for Beyond viable Arc (imo) is KuteKitteh's tanky ARCer, I played his spec twice (with a few variations) and made it to lvl83, before I got an extremely unlucky 1shot from flameblast exile (yeah he critted :X).

You're totally right, the biggest damage taken for this build is physical one, which in most of the time may cost your life.
MASSIVE UPGRADE - CHANGED - ITEM LINKS , PASSIVE SKILL TREE. Uploading videos today!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info