Oakly - Poison Arrow § Searing Bond build Bloodlines [ 1.3 ]

---- 29/03/2015. ----

Welcome visitor, you have just entered in my third full explained build that I made in Bloodlines which I think its worth to share with the community.

Hello, guys if you're looking for Cheap, Strong and Safe to play build for Hardcore this is the right place.

NEW UPDATED! - Changed all the forum pictures.

Character:

I'm level 85 Shadow Poison Arrow & Searing Bond build playing in Bloodlines, started to play there not from the very start but one month or less from the leagues released because I first started on Torment. I had the need to create cheap build viable for Hardcore because I had none currency yet in Hardcore.

Why Poison Arrow?
- Lately I'm playing only caster Shadow builds and never tried to go for anything else. I really wanted to create Bow Shadow so I choose this skill because of many reasons that I'll show you later on in the guide.

Bandit Quest Rewards :
Normal - Help Oak;
Cruel - Kill All;
Merciless - Help Oak +1 Endurance (optional I took it);

Actual passive tree [1.3 UPDATED]

This is the latest version of my passive tree it really works for me, but you can of course test some things out with the build there is no wrong or right in this game TRIAL & ERROR is the key to success.

The build is really flexible you can either go cheap or little more expensive on gear. I went for little expensive gear which with the time passing by equipment is really getting cheaper. In the future few levels I'll head to the next Skill duration wheel.

Passive tree may be questionable feel free to ask me here in the thread.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNgPq7MOIcAWv1VLYeImlYw2y73mgW1sNj1sjJ2qYqzjhMgMtNF2gsCcpzS0xdvnRwbQ0Gf8rUpSr91fu00Zipu1UzUaj_ba-wnDOkkTkx_mWIngykpvnsDjS1fxs1FMrEd9WypNFSCkOdCBR-Ii4krIPyeKr5ARbqq18qZXTeP-jzWSMZ7yRTrh_grYvSzp3Q1OKluvKaW2QY1-6mLNmHXLvqe9NmVN1fhuac8yWW1fmKluFKne5VYtQzG_1VO7tz48LcauA-4zhx2-gwk=

Alternative link

Here are some Plus and Cons of the build:

Plus:
- Playable by new players;
- Cheap;
- Flexible;
- Fun to play;
- Safe (You almost don't get hit (Offscreen));
- Immune to reflect - physical or elemental damage;
- Really strong;
- No expensive gear required;
- Links higher than 4 are optional;
- You can start almost as any class;
- You dont desync at all.

Cons:
- Maybe the only Con if I could say is that you might have the need to buy some Regrets for respecs.

Leveling Guide:

Leveling is really really fast. You just start and end with the exact passive tree as you will have in end game with small amount of strategical respecs - for example taking closer mana or hp wheel which you'll change with stronger one later on. I first had the luck to buy Silverbranch Crude Bow for +1 to bow skill which was enough for taking me to merciless. The most important thing for the build are the gem levels and almost nothing else. Taking searing bond is extremely helpful you put Poison clouds on the place where you'll spawn the totem and totem takes the damage and also dealing some fire damage as well. Killing every Bloodline magic pack, unique spawned boss from magic pack or boss.

Also there was slight difference on the skill links I used with Poison Arrow. Used something like Added Chaos, Increased Area of Effect and Increased Duration. It really helps in the start covering huge areas of monsters and allowing yourself to stay more safe and behind walls or different rooms.

Note: Gems are not level 20 yet.

Damage

Offense

Misc, Charges and Defence

Weapon:

- Silverbranch Crude Bow for +1 Socketed bow gems or rare bow with +2 to bow gems.

Armour and Jewellery:

- From Armour - Lightning Coil is cheap and great Armour to help you mitigate with physical damage. Once you're able to sustain it you'll instantly feel the difference. It's a must have item on my opinion for this build and it's also cheap.
- From Amulet - Atziri's Foible Paua Amulet for Mana regeneration and -requirements
- From Rings - Simple HP, resists and Mana regeneration
- Helmet - [Optional]. Alpha's howl. Which I use right now. Immune to freeze is really helpful.
- Gloves, Belt, Boots, Quiver - Hp, resists and maybe some chaos resists

Bow & Quiver

Armour

Jewellery

I personally love the movement of the build that's why I'd say Quicksilver and Jade Flask is most important to have. In the end its all optional for your personal preference.

All items

I'm using 4 L for Searing bond for more damage and to have some resists, when it gets to level 20 for sure I'll go for quality one for more HP so it can tank more in front of me.

Also prefer to use Enduring Cry manually to have my charges always up when I need them.

NOTE: Changed Increased Duration gem with Concentrated Effect. (+90% skill effect duration from passive tree)

Test some skills variations on your own, you may be really surprised of results in most cases.

On first place I use Vulnerability then I shoot some clouds and place searing bond into the clouds. And also using manually Enduring Cry to have my charges always up for more Immoratal Call skill duration. It's really that simple and just with the proper movement and knowledge of the game it can get you all the way to the top and why not even to level 100 in hardcore.

Solo or Party play, facing elemental reflect mobs it doesn't matter the build is killing all Exiles, Bloodlines packs, Bosses etc. And it's fun to play which is the most important thing for just playing the game.

I hope you like the build, you can post your questions below and I'll have them answered.

My other build's you might like:
Astykon - The Great Freeze Pulse Build

Talfus - The Melter Crit Arc build.

Oakly - Poison Arrow § Searing Bond [Bloodlines]

Talfus - The Elemental Spreader [Bloodlines]

Trying to make guilds more popular in Path of Exile for more information:

SOON

Guild leader of Apotheosis for more information about the guild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/900355
Last edited by Talfus on Mar 29, 2015, 1:55:07 PM
Updated information.
What do you think about converting this into a Poison Arrow trapper because of the near by trap nodes? Do you think that would be worthwhile or is the damage good enough as is
"
Yatunic wrote:
What do you think about converting this into a Poison Arrow trapper because of the near by trap nodes? Do you think that would be worthwhile or is the damage good enough as is

I feel the damage is great as it is. Its maybe good idea to go traps but I feel more safe shooting and running around than placing traps.
For sure it's worth to go trap you can scale your damage even further but I'd say is more like personal preference.
Information has been updated!
Just started leveling this build, seems like a fun and very effective build. Cant wait to see the endgame with it.
Very well structured and explained build thread. Good work.
"
Samkiud wrote:
Very well structured and explained build thread. Good work.

Thank you Sam!
Looks interesting, got this a few days ago
, thinking of re-rolling to this build. Any alternatives for the searing bond setup, and what would be 5L and 6L support gems?
Last edited by risko on Jan 19, 2015, 7:18:35 AM
"
risko wrote:
Looks interesting, got this a few days ago
, thinking of re-rolling to this build. Any alternatives for the searing bond setup, and what would be 5L and 6L support gems?

The basic idea of Searing Bond is to have extra damage and/or something that can take some incoming damage. Good alternative would be Decoy totem.

Great Bow it will take you to end game really fast and safe. 5L and 6L I'll say some gems I think that are valuable: Inc. Duration, Inc. Area of Effect, Added Chaos ( small amount of DPS boost), Concentrated Effect (if you got 20Q Arrow). Let me know how the build is going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info