Talfus - The Elemental Spreader [Bloodlines] [ 1.3 ]

---- 29/03/2015. ----

Welcome visitor, you have just entered in my fourth full explained build that I made in Bloolines league which I think its worth to share with the community.

Hello guys, short overview of the build:

The build is using good amount of in-game mechanics which makes it really strong. It's really fun to play, safe,non-gear dependent and extremely effective for Hardcore especially Bloodlines.

"What doesn't kill you - helps you!" - you will understand what I mean below.

NEW UPDATED! - Changed all the forum pictures.

Character:

I'm level 76 Templar primary skill that I use is Glacial Cascade with combination of Conversion Trap to make monsters work for you and also sustaining three heralds. It pretty much proliferating all three elements - shocking igniting and freezing in the same time.

Bandit Quest Rewards :
Normal - Help Oak for HP;
Cruel - Kill all;
Merciless - Help Oak for +1 endurance charge;

Actual passive tree [1.3 UPDATED]

This is the latest version of passive tree. Leveling passive tree is exactly the same like this one with the minor difference of having the Increased Burning damage passive node wheel.

NOTE: You will understand the passive tree when you read information about the idea of the build below.

http://poeurl.com/zdzXg31

Alternative link

Here are some Plus and Cons of the build:

Plus:
- Playable by new players;
- Cheap
- Strong
- Non gear dependent - You can make it work with just rares with HP and resists.;
- No expensive gear required -> Optional uniques will be displayed below;
- Effective;
- Solo and Party Viable;
- Straight forward ( doesn't require respec;
- Safe (Freezing Everything)
- Monsters in Bloodlines work for you.
- Immune to reflect - No reflect can hurt you.

Cons:
- Requires lots of movement. (not sure if its enough for CON)
- Requires leveling as boring spell to level around 65 - Flameblast.
- Requires have knowledge of the game.
- It has almost no Armour but it has plenty ways to prevent you get hit.
- Can't do no life regeneration maps.
- Running Purity of Elements (is maybe CON)

Leveling Guide:

As I mentioned above the leveling tree is the exact same as main one but with slightly difference that it had Increased Burning Damage passive node wheel. I leveled as the boring Flameblast with ignite and increased burning damage proliferate effect. And as soon as I got to 65 I rerolled to my primary skill - Glacial Cascade.

Note: GEMS are not level 20.

Damage1

Damage2

Misc, Charges and Defence

Weapons:

- Recommended - Weapon and Shield

- RARE Weapon - You need spell damage, critical chance and maybe mana on kill.
- RARE SHIELD - HP, Resists and maybe if Spirit shield - Mana regeneration and Critical chance.

- Your goal -
Weapon - Divinarius - It gives you everything you need AOE, Spell damage and Critical chance but of course it has its price to obtain it.
Shield - Saffell's Frame - Spell block, Damage some resists and +max resists

- RING - Sibyl's Lament - It's really underrated by players and its extremely helpful and cheap. IF you get reflected you will have 30% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken and it also have some HP on it so it's worth having it.

Armour and Jewellery:

- From Armour - HP, resists and STR.
- From Amulet - HP, critical - maybe spell damage and/or resist.
- From Rings - The left slot with Sibyl's Lament the right slot with HP, STR and resists.
- Helmet - HP, resists and if possible STR
- Belt - [Optional] Doryani's Invitation cold version - Is quite expensive I don't have it yet but I think it's worth having - additional life leech, resists looks great.
- Boots - Move speed [REALLY IMPORTANT 30%] because we move a lot. HP and STR.
- Gloves - HP, resists and STR or DEX

Divinarius & Saffel

Armour

Jewellery

Atziri's Promise Flask is boosting your DPS with 300 so it's worth to have. The other flasks are not perfect but they are working fine for now.

Items

Glacial Cascade:
The point of having so much STR is because I use IRON WILL in my Glacial Cascade 5 L to boost DPS. The rest of the links are not questionable I think Life Leech for survivability, Elemental Proliferation to spread all the three elements and added cold for additional DPS.

Conversion Trap:
Having all the passive nodes for Skill Duration means that you can take monsters to your side for good amount of time and also I'm linking it with increased duration for even better outcome. Also the quality of conversion trap is working extremely well. Using Multiple traps on Conversion Trap makes it perfect because you are throwing 3 conversion traps at the same time without any risk to loose your trap.

Recommended:
I recommend using manual Enduring Cry and also having it on CWDT setup so you can have your 5 endurance charges and the amazing 7-9 sec. Immortal Call all the time. Also using Smoke Mine for box opening.

Test some skills variations on your own, you may be really surprised of results in most cases.

The build is all about movement and knowing the game and monster mechanics. You don't have to bother with the casting speed of the build it's enough. You may suggest using Spell Echo but exactly for this build is not worth to have because it will get you killed - static standing.

I'm using cast and move all the time, if I see huge pack I throw couple Conversion Traps and they help me out with taking the physical damage if I want to be even more safe I pop decoy totem also. It's important to have Elemental Weakness on monsters all the time.

MISUNDERSTANDING: I recently got really good question about the build by one of my stream viewers.

Here is the question:
Question

Elemental Equilibrium:

If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.

So, if run 3 herald on Cascade, Cascade will dealt 3 ELE DMG at the same time?
According to the statement above, would it give mobs +25% to all elemental Resistances?

The build benefit from having Herald of Thunder and Elemental Equilibrium because when the lightning strikes starts to hit it makes them resistant to Lightning and less resistant to the other two elements - Fire and Cold, which in combination with Elemental Weakness is killing by one cast.You may get better idea of how the build works in one of the videos below.

Solo or Party play, facing elemental reflect mobs it doesn't matter the build is melting the content and it's really fun to play.

I hope you like the build, you can post your questions below and I'll have them answered.

My other build's you might like:
Astykon - The Great Freeze Pulse Build

Talfus - The Melter Crit Arc build.

Oakly - Poison Arrow § Searing Bond [Bloodlines]

Talfus - The Elemental Spreader [Bloodlines]

Trying to make guilds more popular in Path of Exile for more information:

Full video build guide on Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/talfus/c/6045917

71 map video - http://www.twitch.tv/talfus/c/6046065
Guild leader of Apotheosis for more information about the guild:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/900355
Last edited by Talfus on Mar 29, 2015, 1:55:23 PM
Added Video!
Nice and Fun build! Thanks for sharing!
"
Lurgee wrote:
Nice and Fun build! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like it!
Up!
Thread update: Changed all the thread pictures. Hope you like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info