[1.2] Bino's Dual Strike Ignite [Rampage] [Atziri with 4L]

"
"
Porcupinez wrote:
"
pangalang wrote:
heeey trying out your build since I found a bino's. everything is working out great. I notice you say blood rage does not work with this build because of melee damage on full life but I ssee in your gorge run you are using blood rage.... can you explain? I guess I will test it out anyways.

I was using Additional Accuracy there IIRC, so Blood Rage just helped make it a little faster.
I am only seeing 3 support gems on the skill icon in the video, so I don't know for sure.

Hello, I appreciate sharing the build. Thanks!

I would also ask about video vs build description. I can guess that on video you were getting Frenzy charges from Blood Rage, and you didn't use Power charges at all.

Q1: Do you use Frenzy charges now, if yes, then how you are getting them? (didn't find the trigger
during analyzing build)

Q2: Do you use Power charges now, if yes, I can guess they are coming from:
[3L] Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Cull / Power Charge on Critical Strike
and/or
[4L] Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Power Charge on Critical Strike - Increased Critical Damage

Could I ask for answer and correct me if I am wrong?

I don't use Frenzy charges for anything except for clearing easy maps a little more quickly since there isn't any easy way to get them except for Blood Rage. Blood Rage is a waste of a gem slot for real mapping since it lowers the damage.

I do get Power Charges from Lightning Strike, but not from Whirling Blades. I prefer the attack speed from quality Culling Strike, but I left both as an option since not everybody will have quality gems. Power Charges aren't that great and will eventually only help Lightning Strike as Dual Strike can cap crit chance from the quality bonus alone. I still prefer PCoC + Increased Crit DMG on Lightning Strike over other options because it adds some consistency.
IGN: porcupinezzzz
this build work with rat nest and lightning coil? thanks
"
Bash wrote:
this build work with rat nest and lightning coil? thanks

Yes, but rat's nest isn't recommended. The tooltip DPS will lower a bit but the worse part of it is that it lowers the single hit portion of the DPS rather than the attack speed or crit chance that can be made up for. Lightning Coil is definitely an option, though, if you can max resists.
"
sherkhan wrote:
Could you update the offense tab screenshot? At the moment, it shows your default attack, not your dual strike attack.

Would like to compare base damage range vs my setup:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1096140

Also, Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit would give you auto-cursing for power charge generation and more damage (not that this build needs curses).

I should update that but I can't right now. I will update it during the next temporary leagues but that wouldn't be very helpful for you.

It could be a good idea to add Herald of Thunder if I can fit it in. I would have to get rid of Increased AOE on Herald of Ash to do that and still have a decent mana pool, which sounds nice. The best part of it is that it would give me enough Lightning Damage to shock with, and I can make room for it easily. As you said, though, I don't need the curse very much and it would be hard to lose the AOE if I have to.

I will try this in the future and see what I like more. Also, I'll be reworking this entire guide when the new leagues come out because of the new Duelist tree, the introduction of Herald of Thunder, and some other things.
Last edited by Porcupinez on Nov 23, 2014, 1:25:22 AM
Just wanted to let you know I'm having a blast with this build, well done.
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
Just wanted to let you know I'm having a blast with this build, well done.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear it. I will be updating the entire guide when 1.3 comes out.
Last edited by Porcupinez on Dec 11, 2014, 4:48:34 AM

Ok So I took one of my old Toons and built it into your build. I Love it 95% of the time. Im like OMG so much dmg, I Whirling blade into a pack and sometimes its like BLAM all burned down. Sometimes though I get insta gibed. ( No its not reflect pack lol. ) anyway here is my gear, any advice would rock...

dude thanks..Im not quite up to date bwith builds and such but how you use herald of ash is just awesome. loving it man. Got a 77 bino shadow guy sitting around think im gonna go waste some time on it using that HoA /ele prolif and just get some lvl on it while waiting on the next league. Very informative for me thanks.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
dude thanks..Im not quite up to date bwith builds and such but how you use herald of ash is just awesome. loving it man. Got a 77 bino shadow guy sitting around think im gonna go waste some time on it using that HoA /ele prolif and just get some lvl on it while waiting on the next league. Very informative for me thanks.

Its a really fun build and I can't wait to try out some of the new stuff in the new leagues. I'm disappointed by the block changes in the new tree, though. I understand why it was nerfed but those nodes are not worth taking at all unless there are some huge changes.

"
shahmat1972 wrote:

Ok So I took one of my old Toons and built it into your build. I Love it 95% of the time. Im like OMG so much dmg, I Whirling blade into a pack and sometimes its like BLAM all burned down. Sometimes though I get insta gibed. ( No its not reflect pack lol. ) anyway here is my gear, any advice would rock...

You could try to get an Abyssus with a lower Increased Physical Damage Taken roll. The stats on it overall could be much better. Mark of the Doubting Knight is a bit useless for this build because of the low crit chance and overall DPS. You could replace PCoC in your 6L with Increased Critical Strikes since that will bring you close to capped crit with 100% up-time. Even though some of these changes will not directly help you defensively, they might help you keep the Bino's regen going. Leveling CwDT and getting a 20% Immortal Call will help against physical burst also.

Any build using Abyssus without LC needs to be extra careful against Rhoas/Evangelists so I do know what you mean. You could have more life on your gear and a better chest overall, but that isn't as easy to change.
whats LC ?

oh nvm : lightning Coil ?
Last edited by Deadbringer on Dec 9, 2014, 9:21:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info