[1.2] Bino's Dual Strike Ignite [Rampage] [Atziri with 4L]

Hi

how is this build compared to a reave build in aoe size and dmg? I would like to play this build but i am scared of a to small aoe since a 6linked carcass is out of my budget. And is there a way to play it from shadow start without loosing too much evasion and max. Hp?
Shadow got more dmg from starting nodes but i fear my survivabilty is to small... since we got no shield or anything.
Sorry if my questions are a little dumb i am a newbie. Btw. I got about 25ex hopefully this will get my to a decent gear or is it not enough?
Btw. Nice guide thank you.

greetings
Last edited by Whitezilla on Sep 26, 2014, 2:53:43 AM
"
Whitezilla wrote:
Hi

how is this build compared to a reave build in aoe size and dmg? I would like to play this build but i am scared of a to small aoe since a 6linked carcass is out of my budget. And is there a way to play it from shadow start without loosing too much evasion and max. Hp?
Shadow got more dmg from starting nodes but i fear my survivabilty is to small... since we got no shield or anything.
Sorry if my questions are a little dumb i am a newbie. Btw. I got about 25ex hopefully this will get my to a decent gear or is it not enough?
Btw. Nice guide thank you.

greetings

With a high leveled Increased AOE and Ele prolif on Herald of Ash the AOE is enough. Carcass Jack makes the AOE huge enough to clear entire rooms. A 6L is not necessary at all.

I don't suggest the Shadow start because the nodes that you have to go through aren't that helpful, but it isn't too much of a loss as long as you grab the evasion start except for the 18% Eva +12 maximum life node.

25ex is easily enough. You'll have around 15ex to get as good of a dagger as you want to get to go along with the Bino's.
IGN: porcupinezzzz
Leveled to 50 with a ranger....dmg is massive. But i am squishy as fuuq....cant imagine using abyssus. Nearly no life nodes etc. Will this get better the further u progress in the tree?
"
Whitezilla wrote:
Leveled to 50 with a ranger....dmg is massive. But i am squishy as fuuq....cant imagine using abyssus. Nearly no life nodes etc. Will this get better the further u progress in the tree?

Yes. If you are leveling with Dual Strike I would suggest using Spectral Throw or Reave instead with Crest of Perandus. That is why I skipped out on most dual wield nodes early on in the leveling section. I added some gem setups in there that you could use as well.

I personally never felt squishy while leveling with Crest of Perandus and Reave. After I swapped to Abyssus + Belly of the Beast the Abyssus was barely noticeable. I do see how you might have low life without the Scion life wheel though, so if you want to get that sooner then you can do that. I changed the passive tree progression a little bit (end tree is still the same) to have more life at around 65.
Last edited by Porcupinez on Sep 27, 2014, 8:33:17 PM
Yes i level with dual strike, i like to level with the endgame skills to get used to the build.
btw. why do u take melee damage full on life?

since youre melee we will nearly never be full on life... or does the high regen from binos count as full life?

greetings
"
Whitezilla wrote:
Yes i level with dual strike, i like to level with the endgame skills to get used to the build.
btw. why do u take melee damage full on life?

since youre melee we will nearly never be full on life... or does the high regen from binos count as full life?

greetings

I am almost always at full life. The 10,000 life regen from Bino's keeps me at full life between hits that get through evasion/block/etc. Its also one of the only remaining large damage boosts I could use. Multistrike goes against the point of the build even though it can be swapped in for bosses, and Increased Critical Strikes doesn't do too much since I can cap my crit through slightly better gear anyway.
Insane....with binos...did a lvl 74 zana daily with 65....promenade with ease. Even without melee damage an full life gem..ty for the guide :)
Would it be better to have your rare dagger with slower speed than a faster one, assuming both would have same DPS?

If so, how important is it when selecting a dagger to ensure the highest poison and regen?
Thanks
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Sep 30, 2014, 1:06:19 PM
"
Whitezilla wrote:
Insane....with binos...did a lvl 74 zana daily with 65....promenade with ease. Even without melee damage an full life gem..ty for the guide :)

Glad its working out for you. I've gotten a bit bored of POE this league so I haven't been able to test some 400 dps Ambusher with a 6L or anything yet, but I doubt there would be any hard content with gear like that.

"
Catharsis wrote:
Would it be better to have your rare dagger with slower speed than a faster one, assuming both would have same DPS?

If so, how important is it when selecting a dagger to ensure the highest poison and regen?
Thanks

You want the slowest weapon possible if they have equal DPS. For the tooltip DPS it won't look much different, but it is very noticeable when clearing. The most important stats on a dagger by far are the physical damage and crit chance making the Demon Dagger and Platinum Kris usually the best base.

After you get around the phys damage and crit chance of my dagger below, then it's fine to start going for attack speed to buff up the tooltip for bosses.

Even a high DPS Ambusher can be perfectly fine if it has tyrannical + flaring, but those daggers aren't cheap.

As for the guide, I plan on adding a section for Uber Atziri. There is a lot of strategy involved in making it near 100% safe all the way up to Atziri. She's the only difficult part of the run, and it is a very very difficult part for melee.

For normal Atziri, if you have good daggers and a 4L belly of the beast you can probably just rush it as long as you know a little bit about what to expect.
Last edited by Porcupinez on Sep 30, 2014, 1:46:22 PM
Hi I like your build alot (since i started with something completely similar ;) ) I have chosen to get some more block since i felt it was to many points wasted to get to the life wheel.

Still I made some things different, I have chosen Lightning Coil over any other Chest (makes you so much tankier) my dps without charges is about 230k (also dont like the flashy melee damage on full life because vs. strong single targets you will almost never be completely full life and lets face it with 200k+ dps you wont be in the situation that trash does matter:))

4300 life atm thinking about getting more evasion

maybe you can also check my gear i feel i got to work something out for gloves rings and belt feels like i got some potential here, maybe also on the "off Dagger" but thats going to be really expensive

Passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAAYAXgOHBLEFtQceCC4RlhRSFfYWvxmOG60j9iSdJpUqCyzhLggwcTB8NJM2PTpCRwZHfklRSn1LeExgTZJOKlFHVUtW9Vb6W69h4mJaYnlirGNwZU1noGyMbWxuaXBScFZwcn11feN_K4TZh3aMC4w2jX2Nv46Kj_qQCpAbk_yVLpVml9CaE5uNnaqjiqZ_pzSsZq_rsbO0xbVItkG5Prl8vYG-p8Lsz-nQ0NN-1CPWith2227b1Nvn3Q3dqOuO7LDtQe2D7g7v4_DV8-r2_PzF_ro=
Last edited by demogorg on Oct 2, 2014, 2:27:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info