[1.2.X Guide] Mollari's Twincinerate DW Cybil's 7800 DPS Tooltip Incinerate - *W/ Atziri* - CHEAP

Do you think this is viable for the hardcore leagues? Also, how does this build perform in map parties?
Last edited by bizit on Sep 14, 2014, 1:37:36 PM
will it be more beneficial to use fire penetration instead of projectile speed to increase the dps?
"
bizit wrote:
Do you think this is viable for the hardcore leagues? Also, how does this build perform in map parties?

I think it is very viable for HC. Recheck the spec section (I was probably adding that info in as you posted this) about where there is extra life nodes and the cost of each. The build is very tanky. In map parties the build holds its own. I am not going to say that you cannot tell the difference between a huge crit/crit dmg specs because Incinerate has a little bit of a ramp up time but its a very solid build which can great contribute to any map party without being carried through.

"
will it be more beneficial to use fire penetration instead of projectile speed to increase the dps?

Faster projectiles works in two ways. First, obviously the projectile speed allows me to offscreen kill mobs (which is fantastic for those very scary mobs you do not want to risk shotgunning). It scales projectile damage (which includes the Added Chaos Damage gem) overall which is great because with the 6L, under 50% of our overall damage is actually fire damage. Second, as a green gem it allows us the ability to switch in Blind (HUGELY UNDERRATED GEM EVEN AFTER THE NERF!) as needed. Here is my tooltip right this second:

121-182 Chaos Damage
44-59 Cold Damage
199-298 Fire Damage
11-196 Lightning Damage

So on average
Fire: 248.5 (44.5%)
Other sources: 306.5 (55.5%)

The Fire Penetration gem would be only buffing 44.5% of our overall damage. Obviously these numbers would be a little lower with faster projectiles gem removed but they would all lose the same %. Hopefully that gives you a little more insight on why Faster Projectiles is my gem of choice over Fire Penetration.
IGN: @MollariFindsStuff
Livestream: twitch.tv/MollariGaming
http://www.Mollari.com
Cool build, thanks for sharing. I'm giving it a try and am almost level 37 so can almost equity Cybil's. I am having trouble keeping arctic armour up. Is it best to not skill it up as fast as possible?
"
Hoffer wrote:
Cool build, thanks for sharing. I'm giving it a try and am almost level 37 so can almost equity Cybil's. I am having trouble keeping arctic armour up. Is it best to not skill it up as fast as possible?

AA is something that is a luxury while leveling and not something you can really sustain until you have Elreon jewelry and some mana regen on leveling items. I would not be too concerned with making sure you can run max level AA while leveling as the mana regen will come, but will take some levels to get it in the tree.
Last edited by MollariGaming on Sep 15, 2014, 11:59:32 PM
last question.. :) i noticed during double vaal and atziri fight (except for her healing phase) that you need to be in full contact with her to shotgun... would switching to added cold gem from faster projectile better to add more flat dps? or don't bother and stick with faster proj?
Last edited by AljandFrancis on Sep 16, 2014, 1:59:10 AM
"
last question.. :) i noticed during double vaal and atziri fight (except for her healing phase) that you need to be in full contact with her to shotgun... would switching to added cold gem from faster projectile better to add more flat dps? or don't bother and stick with faster proj?

You could very well do that. A level 20 Added Cold is about a 400 tooltip DPS increase over Faster Projectiles 20/20. I could see you doing something like that for Double Vaal (even possibly switching to GMP over LMP to absolutely min/max on a fight you will be shotgunning) but that will depend in your gear. I am at the point where it really doesn't matter too much and I am too lazy to be switching gems mid fight. :)
Do you have strength problems with this build because i think getting 18all res is better than 2x 10str nodes near the wheel for one extra point.
great one! will give a try
"
Aggnog wrote:
Do you have strength problems with this build because i think getting 18all res is better than 2x 10str nodes near the wheel for one extra point.

Res is pretty easy to get end game, especially with the masters so I would value the extra skill point over 18 all res personally. Depending on where your character is leveling, the 18 all res may be more beneficial for the extra point. The spec puts you at 100 str and the most you would need for gems would be 109 so it lessens the amount needed on gear and saves you a point (probably 2 if you count the fact you would probably have to pick up a 30 str node or gear with high str).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info