[1.3] MoosBlasteRF! Flameblast Flamesurge RF AA [HC/SC Viable]

I had some IRL stuff to do today so I only made it up to 31.

Tomorrow as well I will probably be out most of the day, but I'll definitely have the weekend off.

I will post updates soon. Yes the regen will be rather tight, but with 6500 total hp, popping a ruby flask will give you over 700 hp regen per sec, so as long as you pop one while taking damage to regen your hp, there shouldn't be too much trouble. Also I have my enlighten and empower gems leveling on my COC doing 75+ maps so hopefully they get to level 2 soon.

Props to you moo this is a very intriguing build no matter how you roll it. Just based on looks alone, RF+Flameblast are the coolest looking spells in the game =)
Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 8, 2015, 7:08:51 PM
@kuromahou

I'm interested in seeing your results. I am running HvC's flameblaster in Bloodlines and sadly I don't have enough regrets to respec to give this a shot :P. If I rip soon I might relevel this build since RF is so cool to look at
Got to 53 today after I got home from my errands, and picked up quite a bit of gear. I already had enhance and empower luckily.

I should be able to get all the regen nodes to test out the RF regen somewhere between 65 and 70, which I will reach tomorrow I am sure.

The gear I have collected for it so far (all very cheap except the carcass jack, which I paid 2ex 20c for)

Boots and belt are from my shatter chuck guy, who likes to share. And I got a great deal on that necklace, as I didnt have any good Paua's in my stash.

Oh and I had never used it before, but flame surge is awesome. I do a big starter fkame blast on bosses (or rares in a large party), then surge them down while they are burning. The damage is incredible.

Current tree @53
Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 9, 2015, 7:31:25 PM
"
kuromahou wrote:

Oh and I had never used it before, but flame surge is awesome. I do a big starter fkame blast on bosses (or rares in a large party), then surge them down while they are burning. The damage is incredible.

Nice gear!

Yes Flame Surge is great in 1v1 for this build.

Let see if regen is enough with your tree.

Cheers.
Last edited by moostrenko on Jan 10, 2015, 8:22:55 AM
67 atm. Still have about 6 points to go to get the marauder regen nodes, 2.5% per second total still missing. Oh and my vitality is still just level 16 =(.

I'll probably have to socket purity of fire and vitality in with the enhance to test it when I get those last points in. Will keep you posted.

Meanwhile I full cleared a 74 residence zana mission at 66 and didn't die once, pretty neat.

EDIT: Got to 70, shuffled some points around, and threw vitality in the helm to get it running at level 19, and its still not enough. Its close, it takes like 5 minutes to burn down your hp bar, but its still not quite enough.

Ok I figured it out, inner force and the other self buff 'increased effect' nodes effect the degen. My fire resist is 89%, 90% damage reduced by .89 is 9.9%, which is the number I wanted to beat.

But the tree has 26% increased effect of buffs on you. So 9.9+(9.9*0.26)=12.474.

So you actually need about 12.5% regen, which I cannot reach with only 9.8% from the tree. Vitality at 20 with inner force is about 2.5% (mines only 19), which is why my health is degenerating very slowly. Even at 20, I would just barely be breaking even really.

Ill either respec into your tree, or possibly drop RF all together and everything down past the 1% max fire res part (dumping marauder are), and get the fire damage nodes above witch to make up for it.

I think this would be pretty good without RF, and chance to ignite can be dumped from my 5L flameblast setup.
Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 10, 2015, 8:55:17 PM
75 currently, looking really strong

With EE, cast arc before AND after flameblast so the burn does extra damage!

The tree barely gets any dext and isn't close to any of the+ +30s, so you may have to craft dex on your gear, like I did with gloves and ring.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Second loadout: lightning warp + portal

Using dream fragments because mana regen, still have capped resistances

I know I need better gloves lol

Edit: I now run righteous fire (barely) so the 2% fire leech from catalyst + invitation really help!

Clear speed is insane!
Last edited by negusmaster on Jan 19, 2015, 1:12:19 AM
Last edited by anone on Jan 27, 2015, 4:00:50 AM
Hey!

First, thx a lot for posting the build, it is a lot fun to play and vry effective in end game. I'm reaching lvl 89 anytime soon, and it runs 78 maps with the same ease my lvl 93 atziri-capable srs build does. It has a vry good clear speed.
Im vry amazed at how effective burn dmg and ele prolif can be (nvr played an ele-dmg-only char until endgame b4 this one). Having this in mind, and having no need for res in boots, I was wondering if the op or anyone else have ever thought about gang's momentum boots:

Granted, the boots have no life, but wouldnt the inc burn chance and dmg be nice? I'm still only running a 4l and lvl 19 gems, only ones with 20q are inc burn dmg and flameblast, so I dont yet know if the boost to dmg from the boost would be negligible w/ 20/20 gems in a 6l. Insights?

My current gear, btw:

Spoiler
If possible Atziri vid plx
Spoiler
just won be sure bout build can beat him
"
anone wrote:

You will need Eldritch Battery for Arctic Armour.

"
ed_jpa wrote:
Hey!

First, thx a lot for posting the build, it is a lot fun to play and vry effective in end game. I'm reaching lvl 89 anytime soon, and it runs 78 maps with the same ease my lvl 93 atziri-capable srs build does. It has a vry good clear speed.
Im vry amazed at how effective burn dmg and ele prolif can be (nvr played an ele-dmg-only char until endgame b4 this one). Having this in mind, and having no need for res in boots, I was wondering if the op or anyone else have ever thought about gang's momentum boots:

Granted, the boots have no life, but wouldnt the inc burn chance and dmg be nice? I'm still only running a 4l and lvl 19 gems, only ones with 20q are inc burn dmg and flameblast, so I dont yet know if the boost to dmg from the boost would be negligible w/ 20/20 gems in a 6l. Insights?

My current gear, btw:

Spoiler

Insane boots for damage. Personally I prefer more life.

"
krainost wrote:
If possible Atziri vid plx
Spoiler
just won be sure bout build can beat him

I have not tried it yet and I have not planned a video.

Atziri bosses are hard because they have a lot of elemental resistances and you can't move while are casting Flameblast. Also, the three bosses have a lot of physical damage and you only have Arctic Armour for mitigate.

Not a good build for Atziri runs imho.

Thank you all for commenting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info