[1.3] MoosBlasteRF! Flameblast Flamesurge RF AA [HC/SC Viable]

"
GreyGoose wrote:
Hi Moos,

i'm a noob that opened flameblast templar yesterday and now i'm confused. What are my options? RF or detonate dead? or flameblast + what ever? If I don't go RF do i drop life and life regen nodes for more fire nodes? (SC)

Thanks!

You can go Flameblast + Searing Bond for leveling, easy playing and nice damage. But you need life and life regen nodes if you want to play this build. And only activate RF when you have enought life regen (like 10%) + fire resis (like 87%). Im not sure about numbers sry.

Cheers.
Last edited by moostrenko on Dec 13, 2014, 11:52:01 AM
It's just that before seeing your post I saw another flameblast build and it didn't went down the passive tree to marauder like you but instead went to witch and shadow and picked a lot of fire nodes (the biggest cluster of fire nodes at the top of the tree above witch)
Can you explain the point of Geofri's Crest? The way I understand it, it adds 1 level to socketed gems. That means your Righteous Fire, if level 20, does 60% spell damage instead of 59%, and your arctic armor drains about 10 more mana per sec if moving and while giving you 20 points more damage protection.

That is not very impressive. Why is 1% more spell damage, 10 more mana draining per sec, and 20 points more damage reduction worth losing 200+ life, 200 armor+, 100+ energy shield, 40ish total resists- you'd get that much more with a good rare helm.
Last edited by tatarjj on Dec 13, 2014, 12:23:29 PM
"
GreyGoose wrote:
It's just that before seeing your post I saw another flameblast build and it didn't went down the passive tree to marauder like you but instead went to witch and shadow and picked a lot of fire nodes (the biggest cluster of fire nodes at the top of the tree above witch)

Life and life regen is for support RF. I don't know the other builds but almost sure dont use RF.

"
tatarjj wrote:
Can you explain the point of Geofri's Crest? The way I understand it, it adds 1 level to socketed gems. That means your Righteous Fire, if level 20, does 60% spell damage instead of 59%, and your arctic armor drains about 10 more mana per sec if moving and while giving you 20 points more damage protection.

That is not very impressive. Why is 1% more spell damage, 10 more mana draining per sec, and 20 points more damage reduction worth losing 200+ life, 200 armor+, 100+ energy shield, 40ish total resists- you'd get that much more with a good rare helm.

+1 to all Socketed gems -> +1 to Empower and Enhance -> +4 to RF and AA. It means +63% MORE Spell Damage +33% Spell Damage. I can cap all resis and have enough mana regen. Actually Vaal orbing new Empower & Enhance gems cause I have only Lvl 3.
Last edited by moostrenko on Dec 13, 2014, 3:55:52 PM
Hello, I really like this build, can you please put a progression skill tree for leveling. That would be very helpful since this build looks like it can rock
"
RuUdY wrote:
Hello, I really like this build, can you please put a progression skill tree for leveling. That would be very helpful since this build looks like it can rock

Sorry but Im not leveled this char from scratch. Any way, you can go straight forward to Eldritch Battery and leave Life Regen zone in Marauder/Duelist for the end game. Cause until you got Lvl 18-19 Purity of Fire & Vitality you can not activates RF.

I wish this could help you a bit.
Thanks for the response on Geofri's helm, I actually figured it out a little bit after I posted, but I'm still not 100% convinced that it's worth it. However-
"
moostrenko wrote:
Cause until you got Lvl 18-19 Purity of Fire & Vitality you can not activates RF.

Not entirely true, because I found a better use for Geofri's helm, at least WHILE you're still leveling up skill gems- put your aura gems in it. Now, I kinda wish I hadn't given away my Alpha's Howl, but to be honest, my friend needed it more than I do, because this Templar isn't my main character.

With Geofri's helm, I can put an Empower (level 1) + Reduced Mana + Vitality + Purity of Fire and be able to activate Righteous Fire a lot earlier. For example, right now I'm stuck with level 16 Purity of Fire but with Geofri's helm, it's effectively level 17 which gives me +3% max resist instead of just +2%. Unfortunately, I don't have an Empower yet, I never found one. But yea, using Empower and Geofri's helm, it shouldn't be difficult to get to lvl 23 Purity of Fire eventually, which is +5 to max fire resist. Righteous Fire and Arctic Armor would go on another item that also had a Reduced Mana gem linked with Clarity.
Last edited by tatarjj on Dec 15, 2014, 12:03:08 PM
"
tatarjj wrote:
Thanks for the response on Geofri's helm, I actually figured it out a little bit after I posted, but I'm still not 100% convinced that it's worth it. However-
"
moostrenko wrote:
Cause until you got Lvl 18-19 Purity of Fire & Vitality you can not activates RF.

Not entirely true, because I found a better use for Geofri's helm, at least WHILE you're still leveling up skill gems- put your aura gems in it. Now, I kinda wish I hadn't given away my Alpha's Howl, but to be honest, my friend needed it more than I do, because this Templar isn't my main character.

With Geofri's helm, I can put an Empower (level 1) + Reduced Mana + Vitality + Purity of Fire and be able to activate Righteous Fire a lot earlier. For example, right now I'm stuck with level 16 Purity of Fire but with Geofri's helm, it's effectively level 17 which gives me +3% max resist instead of just +2%. Unfortunately, I don't have an Empower yet, I never found one. But yea, using Empower and Geofri's helm, it shouldn't be difficult to get to lvl 23 Purity of Fire eventually, which is +5 to max fire resist. Righteous Fire and Arctic Armor would go on another item that also had a Reduced Mana gem linked with Clarity.

Thanks for the tips! I added it to a new Leveling section.

This gonna helps who play this char from scratch, this wasn't my case.
Last edited by moostrenko on Dec 15, 2014, 12:44:23 PM
Just want to say that cloak of flame fit perfect with this build! +45% ignite duration + 20% physical converted to fire, more damage more defence and more cheap :)
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
crazyjake wrote:
Just want to say that cloak of flame fit perfect with this build! +45% ignite duration + 20% physical converted to fire, more damage more defence and more cheap :)

Perfect for leveling. Thanks for comment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info