[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hi dudes, trying a flame totem build on my marauder.
One problem though, if I use Herald of thunder, DPS on my totem decreases (I noticed that with Herald of thunder, the fire damage on totem specs is lower).
Can anyone say why?
"
ciuriiburii wrote:
Hi dudes, trying a flame totem build on my marauder.
One problem though, if I use Herald of thunder, DPS on my totem decreases (I noticed that with Herald of thunder, the fire damage on totem specs is lower).
Can anyone say why?

Can you post screenshots of before & after Herald of Thunder? I use it mostly on easy maps (switch it with artic armor for harder maps) and it adds around 500 dps.
OP, I'm loving this build thanks! (playing Tempest League)
"
zelucifer wrote:
Totem Range isn't the relevant factor, the Totem Range is the distance the totem can target. Faster projectiles allows your flame totem to hit significantly further away, thereby increasing both your survivability (mobs die further away) and dps.

Ah yes, I should have looked up "Totem Range" in the Wiki, silly me. ;)

Another question regarding the skill tree, is additional Totem duration and placement speed really that important for this build? I'm thinking in terms of survivability here, we need seven passives to get from Constitution to Sentinel and Totemic Zeal. Wouldn't it be better to invest these seven passives in, say, the three max life/armour nodes right from Warrioir's Blood (not relevant for a Marauder) and the two jewel sockets near Devotion and Quick recovery? This would be the same Armour bonus but 7% more max life and the two sockets can be used for jewels with Armour and max life mods as well as other goodies such as cast speed, totem damage/life/resistance or spell/fire/projectile damage.

Placement speed seems good enough for me already and as for the totem duration, I'm in the habit of casting a new totem rather sooner than later anyway, it's not that I want to spam my totems and then go for a coffee. ;)

My witch is now lvl 85, 6.4k HP, 18k armour (w Granite) and 17k tooltip DPS. I'm aiming for 7k HP and probably 18k dps with all relevant gems at max level/quality at lvl 90.

My current gear:

Not too happy with the rings but I do need the 50 dex to meet the requirements for lvl 20 Faster Projectiles and Culling Strike (111) so I can't see me changing them anytime soon.

I'm doing lvl 77-79 maps and it's all very smooth sailing, even the nastiest mobs like Bloodlines Devourer champs having a really hard time hurting me. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Aug 9, 2015, 12:21:33 PM
If you want more dps without adding totem place speed you may want to consider
This helm makes your totems almost instantly shock any and all mobs granting dps not found on a tooltip.....plus it's friggin fun. Just a thought...Good luck and have fun.
---Mothernature---level 61 Witch Dual Sporker
---Nuee_Ardente---level 51 Templar Endurance Marauder
---Primum_Frigidum---level 79 Cold Witch Pulser
Last edited by muddymushroom on Aug 9, 2015, 6:56:34 PM
"
muddymushroom wrote:
This helm makes your totems almost instantly shock any and all mobs granting dps not found on a tooltip.

Correct me if I'm wrong, we have a 10% chance to ignite/shock/freeze by default. So TTD will convert the 10% chance to ignite into another 10% chance to shock. Same goes for the 14% chance to ignite granted by Flammability, so it would be 34% chance in total, yes?

Anyway, my concern is not so much the damage output, I'm quite happy with 17.2k (and some more to come with max gem level/quality). I am more focused on endgame survivability, i.e. HP and damage mitigation and in this respect TTD has very little to offer. ;)

So unless there are very convincing arguments to invest quite a lot of passives in 45% invreased placement speed (we already have 40%) and some totem duration I am rather inclined to invest these passives in max life/armour nodes and two jewel sockets which can be used to boost max life, armour and indeed totem damage.

(I see you're using some nice jewels yourself) ;)
Last edited by tomay on Aug 9, 2015, 10:25:51 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
muddymushroom wrote:
This helm makes your totems almost instantly shock any and all mobs granting dps not found on a tooltip.

Correct me if I'm wrong, we have a 10% chance to ignite/shock/freeze by default. So TTD will convert the 10% chance to ignite into another 10% chance to shock. Same goes for the 14% chance to ignite granted by Flammability, so it would be 34% chance in total, yes?

Anyway, my concern is not so much the damage output, I'm quite happy with 17.2k (and some more to come with max gem level/quality). I am more focused on endgame survivability, i.e. HP and damage mitigation and in this respect TTD has very little to offer. ;)

So unless there are very convincing arguments to invest quite a lot of passives in 45% invreased placement speed (we already have 40%) and some totem duration I am rather inclined to invest these passives in max life/armour nodes and two jewel sockets which can be used to boost max life, armour and indeed totem damage.

(I see you're using some nice jewels yourself) ;)

Stay away from Totemic Zeal IMO. Those points are better used for the extra jewel slots, combat stamina, scion life wheel, etc...

I'm 92 in Warbands...damage isn't an issue, survivability is! Dieing in your 90's hurts, many hours lost. Also, in this league you need to kill the bosses to have any chance of sustaining 76+ map pool - so you need to spec for that if your taking this build late game.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Last edited by Taiberius on Aug 10, 2015, 12:47:51 AM
I have one short Question:

For additional defences I suggest using: Enduring Cry (lvl 20+, self-cast)Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9), Immortal Call (lvl 11) and Increased Duration (level 20+)

Why i should for example Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9) only raise to 9 an Immortal Call (lvl 11) only to level 11 and not higher ?

thx for advice
"
MrsRosa wrote:
Why i should for example Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9) only raise to 9 an Immortal Call (lvl 11) only to level 11 and not higher ?

thx for advice

They are just personal preferences. Immortal Call duration increases with level progress and in order to support high level Immortal Call, Cast when Damage Taken must be levelled accordingly but do keep in mind that you will have to take a lot more damage with high level CWDT in order to trigger IC.
Hi People/Lifting,

have a question about the gem Setup Flame Totem linking with Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Faster Projectiles, Added Chaos Damage and Iron Will, is the clearspeed good or is it possible instead of Added Chaos Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles adding to the linking for more faster clearing?
I rlly like your Builds/Guides Lifting, i'm not the most experienced player but i rlly like the Flame Totem Build and want to test it out.

Btw. what would you pref to play Incinerate Spell Totem or Flame Totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info