[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I have just about finished my 112 point Witch character on this build. You guys have any recommendation of where I should spend any further skill points?
Should I try to take the armour+HP points at the starter Marauder area? Or the HP wheel? Or some other area that helps survival?

I am very happy with the DPS already, so I would really like to have a recommendation on the most efficient defensive skillpoint allocation from this point onwards. She is rather squishy.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Jul 31, 2015, 2:05:12 PM
Are the life/armor nodes at the beginning of marauder of any importance for a non-hardcore character? Or could you go with templar/witch for the damage, since death isn't that big a deal? I'm thinking templar simply because you can rush dual totems faster, and the difference between templar and witch (if you take all spell damage with witch at the start) is only 2%.
Last edited by Lady_Cydonia on Jul 31, 2015, 8:26:19 PM
"
Lady_Cydonia wrote:
since death isn't that big a deal?

Even for non-hardcore players death is a big deal, or at least it should be. With The Awakening PoE is focussing more on survivability than ever; killing mosters is easy enough, surviving high-lvl maps is not. And if you're looking for a super high DPS toon then flame totem is certainly the wrong choice, a few more dmg nodes don't make that much of a difference. My deux centime. ;)
Going live on twitch now if you guys have any questions! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hi.

Thanks for your builds mate, really appreciated. I was wondering if someone can help me on this. On the patch notes of " Cast when Damage Taken " there is a sentence :

- Enduring Cry is now a Warcry instead of a spell, therefore it can't be casted anymore.

Do you think I can replace Enduring Cry with something else ? I think it would be better to have one less active spell because it is harder for me to control all of my spells because of my keyboard & mouse.

Looking forward for a reply and suggestion.

Regards
Owea
"
BatuBaker wrote:
I was wondering if someone can help me on this. On the patch notes of " Cast when Damage Taken " there is a sentence :

- Enduring Cry is now a Warcry instead of a spell, therefore it can't be casted anymore.

Do you think I can replace Enduring Cry with something else ?

Well, you can add Flammability for example. If you're using a low lvl CWDT gem, it will cast this curse every time you get hit.

As for Enduring Cry, it does no longer work with trigger gems (such as CWDT), meaning you will have to cast it manually. Or get Daresso's Defiance... ;)
"
tomay wrote:
"
Lady_Cydonia wrote:
since death isn't that big a deal?

Even for non-hardcore players death is a big deal, or at least it should be. With The Awakening PoE is focussing more on survivability than ever; killing mosters is easy enough, surviving high-lvl maps is not. And if you're looking for a super high DPS toon then flame totem is certainly the wrong choice, a few more dmg nodes don't make that much of a difference. My deux centime. ;)

I agree . To survive map content without deaths is the fore most important thing to gain levels. Cant level if you keep dying. At higher levels each exp is hours of work.
I am focusing on maximizing my survivability... I have 10.7k dps tool tip as of now at level 82.
Just trying to figure out what i can grab to make my life more easier.... life or some kind of damage mitigation mechanics... ( not sure on this)

4.6k life....

Could use some advice on skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABAcEswYOCfYLYQ48EFgQzBEtFCAUcRkuGjgaPh8CJbwnLyftKS4qEyu2LJwspzI0MtE1kjrYPC09_EVHRtdKxFBHValVxlcNWGNY5VnzWiteXV8_Y_1mVGaeaPJqAXGFcg9yqXhpeuZ8g3y4ggeCm4Nfg8yD24dljEaMz5BVlG-XtJo7ogCj8qeUrY2vbK-3sUK3PsBmxFjE9sauxtjPftH90iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl82rnbT9-_4MPhc-vu7DjtPO8O8B_xrPIv8kH2SPau-JP-Cg==

Domine Non Es Dignus
I start play POE now and make a Marauder following ur guide, very fun to play! Now i need some advice how to make better my char.

My Skill Tree ATM lvl 84 Marauder
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABAcEswYOCfYLYQ48EFgQzBEtFCAUcRkuGjgaPh8CJbwnLyftKS4qjSu2LJwspzI0MtE22DpYOtg8LT38RUdFnUbXSRtKxFNSVcZXDVhjWOVZ81orXl1fP2P9Zp5o8nGFcg94aXrmfIN8uH31ggeCm4Nfg8yD24dljEaMz5BVmjua4KIAo_KnlKyYrY2vbK-3sUK3PsBmwxPE9sauxtjPftH90iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl82rnbT9-_4MPhc-vu7DjsVe087w7wH_Fs8azyL_JB9kj2rviT_go=

Itens
Spoiler

HP 4646
Armor 7160
Totem damage 11327 (Summon Flame and Herald up)

All tips for a newbe are welcome.
What about scion blood magic flame totem build with 1h and shield? Example this build

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABqALYQ48EMwUIBRxGFYaPhzcHt8o-ilPKhMrtiynMZ41kjXWOuE8LUUKSsRN409WUEdY5VorXl1fP2SEZp5nm2h0aPJuqnhpeTl7IHyDfuKCB4KbgseDX4PMjEaMdpSgmjuePJ7NogCj8qZXp5SuPq9ssz-18rcxtz64k768wxPGrtH90iHYTdi92XzaYt-_4XPkUenV6-7sOO8O8B_yQfJF9Mb2rviT-b356P4K_of-jw==

Thanks for your answer.
Last edited by propyr0o on Aug 3, 2015, 12:15:41 PM
"
Zinja wrote:
some kind of damage mitigation mechanics... ( not sure on this)

Chaos Golem maybe. Less tooltip DPS but the Chaos Golem can dish out some decent damage and will reduce the damage you take by 5%.

Anyssal Cry is another useful option, slows down the enemy quite significantly and corpse explosion deals chaos dmage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info