[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
"
Stardoch wrote:
I'm a newbie to PoE and wanted to try out this build. How does a beginner get the flame totem gem though? Apparently the soonest you can get it is from a quest in act 1 - cruel. Or should I buy it from another player? If so, which build do you recommend to someone who is just starting out (has little trade items)?

Stardoch, it is all in the video man :)

Found it, thanks. So start off with moltenstrike and 2h weapon -> level 24 go searing bond -> level 31 you unlock flame totem. It is indeed mentioned in the video. Didn't see it in the original post, might be nice to add it there (maybe in the skill tree progression section).

Great guide and video, very detailed. I'm excited to go try it out!
Thanks for this build - loved it in standard, now trying it out in Bloodlines.

The early levels (2h molten strike) became really hard going until receiving a SB totem. Has there been a mechanic change, or do you think it's the Bloodlines mobs? I was actually fairly lucky with a decent self-found rare 2hander updated regularly, and even then it became somewhat hard going.

Anyway, thanks for the build and the quick update for 1.3, much appreciated.
I used Molten Strike + Added Fire Damage + LGOH until i got to level 31. After that i started using one Flame Totem but kept hitting with Molten Strike. Worked prety well. At level 39 or 40 i got Ancestral Bond and only retired Molten Strike at this point.

In the early levels of Flame Totem, i used Searing Bond + Flame Totem (one of each) to kill bosses. It realy works.

By the way, i made it to level 59 in two days of playing.
Last edited by SorHodor on Dec 15, 2014, 8:19:20 AM
Thanks op for the fun build. I just have quick question. Do I have wrong gems because it feels slow killing stuff. Dont get it wrong, it kills but kinda slow.
I am using flame totem, added fire damage (will get gmp later), faster casting, fire penetration. Im at lvl 57.

Andy
ps sorry for grammatical errors, am at work :)
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Dec 15, 2014, 9:43:27 AM
Not the OP, but I can tell you that GMP makes a massive difference to the build.

Monsters close to the totem can be hit by all the different streams, making it much more powerful close up, and further away you'll be hitting a larger number at once. It's really quite important.

I suggest trading for a GMP as soon as you're able and swapping out Added Fire. It should make a big difference to killing speed.
"
Stardoch wrote:
"
"
Stardoch wrote:
I'm a newbie to PoE and wanted to try out this build. How does a beginner get the flame totem gem though? Apparently the soonest you can get it is from a quest in act 1 - cruel. Or should I buy it from another player? If so, which build do you recommend to someone who is just starting out (has little trade items)?

Stardoch, it is all in the video man :)

Found it, thanks. So start off with moltenstrike and 2h weapon -> level 24 go searing bond -> level 31 you unlock flame totem. It is indeed mentioned in the video. Didn't see it in the original post, might be nice to add it there (maybe in the skill tree progression section).

Great guide and video, very detailed. I'm excited to go try it out!

Yes exactly, one thing to mention here is that SB may be more powerful until you get ancestral bond, but you will have to experiment and come up with a decision on your own about that :)

Good point! I'll add it to the post as well :)

Let me know how it goes mate, and thank you!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 15, 2014, 10:13:52 AM
"
MockingbirdUK wrote:
Not the OP, but I can tell you that GMP makes a massive difference to the build.

Monsters close to the totem can be hit by all the different streams, making it much more powerful close up, and further away you'll be hitting a larger number at once. It's really quite important.

I suggest trading for a GMP as soon as you're able and swapping out Added Fire. It should make a big difference to killing speed.

This is good advice! GMP makes a huge difference, and "Added fire" does not work with Flame Totem. Try adding "added chaos" of faster projectiles instead :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Thanks guys, my wife kept saying " you're doing something wrong, you're always quick". Lol
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Dec 15, 2014, 10:32:54 AM
Hi,

I tried this build so far and it works great! But, i'm around level 52 now and handling it fine.

Only issues would be getting linked decent equipment, and that takes time. I guess u took a fair amount of time getting cwdt gems and all?
Hey nice guide! Have you thought about using elemental equilibrium with an aoe spell such as ice Nova or freeze pulse supported by curse on hit and flammability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info