1337 Spear [1.2] [Atziri viable] Permafreezer

Currently running this build (pretty much) in Beyond and it's the most fun I've had so far in this league. Currently at level 73 with 3229k life, 1146 unreserved mana and 4737 dps. I feel fairly safe since my map pool is quite poor so far, but the totem + CWDT setup both help right now. It will be a strange task to setup all the gems I want in the end, but hopefully it will mostly work out with trigger + totem since getting swarmed by Sword-Flicker beyonders with damage mods hurts a lot.

Gear
Spoiler

Gear is a mixed bag really, been trying to get the Cloak up to 5l but so far the 3l for Ice Spear in my Sceptre has been sufficient while gearing for more defense with the pretty good Rathpith and a cheap Stone. Most of the rare stuff could use a tune-up:
Boots could get some more ES and Life (or be switched to Rainbowstride).
Gloves just more life and ES.
Helm could be mass-bought with high but not super rolls and Vaal Orb spammed for 3-5% more Mind over Matter.
Rings rolled for more damage while retaining about 50%+ mana regen between them both is the goal.

The weapon has served me pretty well, but besides a Doryani sceptre, I hope to find a wand/sceptre with +3 cold gem and spell dmg/cast speed/spell multiple so I can get some good damage as well as running an even higher Arctic Armour (depending on how well my Mana Regen is at that point).

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwVCBx4HpQ5ID6sRlhXnFr8XLx0UHoEfxyaVKlsrDSt4LJwtHzY9Nuk6WEGWQktDNkV8SVFJskuNTLNPfVFgUuxVS1XGVdZd8l8qYeJirGTnakNrF2yMbWxwUnDVc7N59n7if8aAVoCkghCCHoPbidOMNo9Gj_qVIJUul5eboZ2qoqOsmK6ztMW5k7zqwFTB88LswwnQ9dsL34rfsONq44Tr5Ov18Gvw1fId99f60v8c
I'm curious, why did u took practical application in witch start area? Imho there r way better alternatives for this 2 points.
It's just a quick-fix for my lacking dex/str, I think I was lacking around 13-20 of both stats after I unequipped Atziri's Foible which I had been using for leveling. I could have gone for 2x 30 nodes but I figured a bit of spell cast interruption was fun to have :P
i just started this build can u give me tips where should i go first on the skill tree
I added lvling tips to the guide, u can check it there now.
Hi! super build you made!!!...im following your build right now!...im level 86 ...its a very fun and safe build in end game freezing everything!.. and one best thing i see?...im only use a 4l!!....dont have my cloak in 5l yet...and with a 4l im freezing almost the 90% of the bosses i found ja...freezing bosses in 75, 76 and 77 maps its great!! and my party friends always thanks that....another thing..the totem setup its awesome its save my ass so many times!!!..i put totem in front of me and sometimes it freezes everything just him alone.....ok..some questions i have....what do you think about put a chain gem in the lesser build in a 4l or 5l or 6l for killing mobs?...not for killing bosses but for groups maybe...the second form of ice spear will chain 2 times... ....and the last question....what do you thing running haste in the 4 l setup with reduce mana clarity and herald of ice?...why discipline and not haste for the extra damage?....i try it and feel more comfortable freezing bosses with the extra boost speed...
Last edited by yissus on Sep 28, 2014, 11:32:18 PM
lvl 60 only 3K dps with 5 link atm , bit lowish tbh lvl 15 gems
great build thx. I just remade it for my playstyle and adjusted stats so i dont need any strength or dex from gear.
Here is gear i am running right now
Spoiler

and i use molten shell instead of vaal haste in cwtd. I like safe play, and i dont feel i need 3 more seconds from vaal haste
Last edited by luciferus on Sep 30, 2014, 11:08:59 AM
"
yissus wrote:
Hi! super build you made!!!...im following your build right now!...im level 86 ...its a very fun and safe build in end game freezing everything!.. and one best thing i see?...im only use a 4l!!....dont have my cloak in 5l yet...and with a 4l im freezing almost the 90% of the bosses i found ja...freezing bosses in 75, 76 and 77 maps its great!! and my party friends always thanks that....another thing..the totem setup its awesome its save my ass so many times!!!..i put totem in front of me and sometimes it freezes everything just him alone.....ok..some questions i have....what do you think about put a chain gem in the lesser build in a 4l or 5l or 6l for killing mobs?...not for killing bosses but for groups maybe...the second form of ice spear will chain 2 times... ....and the last question....what do you thing running haste in the 4 l setup with reduce mana clarity and herald of ice?...why discipline and not haste for the extra damage?....i try it and feel more comfortable freezing bosses with the extra boost speed...

Main goal, while playing ice spear build, is to use ice spears 2nd form. To do so, u will stand relatively far from a pack. That is also a reason, why i use lmp and not gmp, because u will rarely hit something with outer spears. I find it better to cast twice in needed situations, than to have lower dmg all the time and rarely use full potential of gmp. That is also why i prefer pierce instead of chain. I tried chain and was clearing slower.

Discipline, because i need high mana reg to use high lvl AA, being able to cast my spells (especially with a 6L) and still have enough over reg, to fill my globe, if i take dmg and i need high unreserved mana to make good use of MoM. Haste takes it all away and makes cloak of defiance bad option. If u like to use haste, check gear alternatives in guide.

"
mopzi wrote:
lvl 60 only 3K dps with 5 link atm , bit lowish tbh lvl 15 gems

It will raise, u may think lvl 15 and lvl 20 is not so big difference, but the difference for spells is huge. If u look at some posts above, i will see that alone a lvl 21 ice spear gives 2k dps over a lvl 18 one.

"
luciferus wrote:
great build thx. I just remade it for my playstyle and adjusted stats so i dont need any strength or dex from gear.
Here is gear i am running right now
Spoiler

and i use molten shell instead of vaal haste in cwtd. I like safe play, and i dont feel i need 3 more seconds from vaal haste

This build was never intended to be copy pasted. So ty for sharing ur adjustments, maybe somebody will find them also more fitting for their game style. There r some mandatory thinks, but the rest is optional :)
Last edited by 1337fun on Sep 30, 2014, 3:52:02 PM
Haven't been able to get around to playing this build for a-bit due to rerolling several times with friends, level 82 now.

7,595 dps

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree, I dropped the Pierce nodes since I feel 72% chance to pierce was enough

In terms of upgrading what do you suggest I upgrade first, I would upgrade everything of course but I'm trying to micro-manage between this build, an Incinerate and a Summon Raging Spirits

Also what are your thoughts on using a Lightning Coil over a CoD and running Purity of Lightning?
IGN shdowe
Last edited by shdowe on Oct 1, 2014, 2:22:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info