1337 Spear [1.2] [Atziri viable] Permafreezer

Last edited by Micfool on Oct 1, 2014, 2:53:19 AM
"
Haven't been able to get around to playing this build for a-bit due to rerolling several times with friends, level 82 now.

7,595 dps

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree, I dropped the Pierce nodes since I feel 72% chance to pierce was enough

In terms of upgrading what do you suggest I upgrade first, I would upgrade everything of course but I'm trying to micro-manage between this build, an Incinerate and a Summon Raging Spirits

Also what are your thoughts on using a Lightning Coil over a CoD and running Purity of Lightning?

I think, it is bad idea not to have 100% pierce, because I already depend on crit and block chance rng. I personally like to eliminate as much rng as possible, if it's ok for u, u can do it. If u like to drop those nodes, than i would do something like this, if u intend to use CoD, if not, keep it ur way.

Definitely the weapon, u should have crafted crit multi on in and not cold dmg. Still try not to craft crit multi, but buy one with 30+ and craft other stat on it. U wont see it on tool tip dps as much, but u will feel while playing.

I find CoD better than coil, simply because it works for any dmg. Still coil is a good option, u can read more about it in my alternative gear suggestions.

"
Micfool wrote:

I don't think, it is worth it. But if u still want to do it, u should change some things. Ash, Frost and Storm ele dmg cluster is not worth it. U get 40% dmg for 5 points, this fact alone makes it very bad and u can get this 40% dmg for only 4 points if u take 10% cold dmg at Frost Walker and 3x10% ele dmg nodes in shadow start area. Same applies to Celestial Walker, 3 points for it is a huge waste of them. For this 3 points u can get 3x10% spell dmg nodes in witch start area and cap resists with gear.
10% crit multi is definitely > 20% crit chance for ice spear.

Last edited by 1337fun on Oct 1, 2014, 8:13:50 AM
hey, awesome guide! im running a lvl77 ice spear witch atm and I'm gonna adapt some of your ideas.

So basicly im running a 5L volls with Lifeleech instead of pierce bc i dont got the coldleech lahzwar, and im running 7 power charges. my question is, is going for pierce really worth it ? its useless against bosses and normal monsters die quick enough for me at the moment anyays, but i havent run anything harder than a lvl 74 map till now.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Yes, it is worth it. Clearing speed with pierce is way higher, than without. And for bosses i have swap gems, as described in the guide.
"
1337fun wrote:

I don't think, it is worth it. But if u still want to do it, u should change some things. Ash, Frost and Storm ele dmg cluster is not worth it. U get 40% dmg for 5 points, this fact alone makes it very bad and u can get this 40% dmg for only 4 points if u take 10% cold dmg at Frost Walker and 3x10% ele dmg nodes in shadow start area. Same applies to Celestial Walker, 3 points for it is a huge waste of them. For this 3 points u can get 3x10% spell dmg nodes in witch start area and cap resists with gear.
10% crit multi is definitely > 20% crit chance for ice spear.

ya you are right, i tweeted it like you suggested

right now its very similar to your original tree minus the pierce, the extra pierce% just seem cost so many points, but i do see your point of getting it to 100% if possible though
Last edited by Micfool on Oct 1, 2014, 3:30:32 PM
Why isn't power charge on crit an option for this build? With your passive tree you got access to all the power charges. With 7 power charges you will reach 95 crit chance on the second form with the crit passives. The 28% spell damage from them is a nice boost aswell. Have you tried it out? If yes how did it affect your dps?
"
Joellll wrote:
Why isn't power charge on crit an option for this build? With your passive tree you got access to all the power charges. With 7 power charges you will reach 95 crit chance on the second form with the crit passives. The 28% spell damage from them is a nice boost aswell. Have you tried it out? If yes how did it affect your dps?

To get 3 PC form tree, i would need 4 points and 1 point for Alira PC. All the crit, block nodes and hp nodes r essential. That means, i would need to give up some dmg and/or survivability. That leaves me with following choices: 1. elementalist(1) + frost walker(2) + soul siphon(2). Total - 38% incr dmg, 12 int, 15% fros resist, 10 flat mana and 26% mana 2. 2 ele dmg and 3 cast speed shadow nodes. Total - 28% incr dmg, 10 flat es and 12% cast speed.

For PCoC i would also need to give up one support gem. Spell echo is huge dps boost wont be matched by PCoC, LMP and pierce r a must, that leaves me with crit dmg in a 5L. I my current setup if i just swap crit dmg with PCoC and calculate my dps with 7 PC, i win 650 tool tip dps but lose 4400 2nd form dps. This alone says not to PCoC, even with out losses form passives. In a 6L could swap cold pen for PCoC, but considering, that cold pen is a 30% multiplier in very bad case and a 120% i a very good case + the losses for passives, i'd rather keep cold pen instead of PCoC.

That leaves u with voll's protector, if u want to give up MoM and AA for 1-2 extra auras and ~7000 dps(in my case).
"
1337fun wrote:
"
Joellll wrote:

To get 3 PC form tree, i would need 4 points and 1 point for Alira PC. All the crit, block nodes and hp nodes r essential. That means, i would need to give up some dmg and/or survivability. That leaves me with following choices: 1. elementalist(1) + frost walker(2) + soul siphon(2). Total - 38% incr dmg, 12 int, 15% fros resist, 10 flat mana and 26% mana 2. 2 ele dmg and 3 cast speed shadow nodes. Total - 28% incr dmg, 10 flat es and 12% cast speed.

For PCoC i would also need to give up one support gem. Spell echo is huge dps boost wont be matched by PCoC, LMP and pierce r a must, that leaves me with crit dmg in a 5L. I my current setup if i just swap crit dmg with PCoC and calculate my dps with 7 PC, i win 650 tool tip dps but lose 4400 2nd form dps. This alone says not to PCoC, even with out losses form passives. In a 6L could swap cold pen for PCoC, but considering, that cold pen is a 30% multiplier in very bad case and a 120% i a very good case + the losses for passives, i'd rather keep cold pen instead of PCoC.

That leaves u with voll's protector, if u want to give up MoM and AA for 1-2 extra auras and ~7000 dps(in my case).

Alright seems you've given it a fair amount of thought, ty for detailed reply!
Hello, looks really nice. Will try this, right now :)

will post my progress. Im a begginer, but enjoying the game, will hope for some tips, if something is a bit wrong :)

Have a nice day!
HI I'm interesting in your build. But I'm curious about how the new curse "Assassin's mark" work compared with ele weakness or warlord's mark.
I'm not sure if Assassin's mark can help do more dmg if I have around 32% first form critical chance with 400% multiplier.
I have trouble when calculate because I'm not sure about the ele res of mobs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info