1337 Spear [1.2] [Atziri viable] Permafreezer

"
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
Would this be a good weapon? Not yet high enough level to use it but just wanted to know if this is something I should be looking for. Thanks!

Not the OP, but given that you should be aiming to only hit mobs with your 2nd form icespear crit chance isn't something you should be looking for on your weapon. Pretty much need Spell Damage + Cast Speed + Multi + Cold Leech if you can roll it.

Pretty much this. U could craft spell dmg in that dagger, but i would advise u to buy ur a way better one for that crafting currency. Crit chance is ofc a good stat, but it has low priority. What u want on ur weapon is high spell dmg roll (60+ for maps) and high crit multi (30+ for maps), than u want cast speed, cold dmg, ability to craft 1% cold leech and after all that comes crit chance.
as i see u have more spell damage crafted on your scepter. I bought one today but cant craft more spell damage on it. How can i do that?>
"
luciferus wrote:
as i see u have more spell damage crafted on your scepter. I bought one today but cant craft more spell damage on it. How can i do that?>

There r 2 spell dmg mods, one pure and one hybrid (spell dmg + mana). U can only craft pure spell dmg(hopefully they add hybrid later, like they did with phys dmg). My scepter had 1 prefix free and only hybrid spell dmg roll, so i could craft pure spell dmg on it.

U cant do it, because either u have no prefixes free or u have pure spell dmg roll on it already.
i get it now. But how to understand its pure spell damage or spell damage+mana
it can proc pure spell damage and pure mana no?
Yes, often u can't be sure what u have. To be 100% sure, u must go to a bench with that item and check. Especially in case of wanting to craft pure spell dmg mod on it. Because u need 1 free prefix and pure mana is also a prefix, u can have either high hybrid mod or 2 low pure mana and spell dmg rolls.

With phys weapons it is often easier to see what u have, because % phys is prefix and accuracy is suffix.
Last edited by 1337fun on Sep 22, 2014, 8:33:59 AM
u cant check poe shop items( bought one today and then sold to vendor :D
Last edited by luciferus on Sep 22, 2014, 9:41:14 AM
It is a risk, u must be willing to take :)
Ok so at level 74 now, this build is fun as fuck. My Gear is average and I need to swap gloves asap for the CwDT setup and rings but this build is the most fun I've had with this game.

1 Question though, how are you getting so much tooltip dps? Is the crit multi on your weapon and damage on rings adding that much, my tooltip is only 6,864

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree
IGN shdowe
It is not only 1 or 2 things, but many smaller together. Higher lvl and quality gems, spell/elemental dmg and cast speed from tree, crit multi and higher cast speed on weapon, higher cast speed on stone of lazhwar, dmg and cast speed on rings. Ur belt makes up only for 2 increased dmg nodes.

For example, difference between lvl 20 none q and lvl 19 q 20 crit dmg gem is ~ 900 dps, if i take away one ring, i loose ~700 dps and so on. And difference between lvl 19 and lvl 21 ice spear is ~2k dps for me.

P.S. i'm glad u like it :)
Last edited by 1337fun on Sep 23, 2014, 4:01:46 AM
"
1337fun wrote:
"
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
Would this be a good weapon? Not yet high enough level to use it but just wanted to know if this is something I should be looking for. Thanks!

Not the OP, but given that you should be aiming to only hit mobs with your 2nd form icespear crit chance isn't something you should be looking for on your weapon. Pretty much need Spell Damage + Cast Speed + Multi + Cold Leech if you can roll it.

Pretty much this. U could craft spell dmg in that dagger, but i would advise u to buy ur a way better one for that crafting currency. Crit chance is ofc a good stat, but it has low priority. What u want on ur weapon is high spell dmg roll (60+ for maps) and high crit multi (30+ for maps), than u want cast speed, cold dmg, ability to craft 1% cold leech and after all that comes crit chance.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep my eyes out for something like you described.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info