Two-Handed Weapons Viable?

"
Chundadragon wrote:

The builds are different, don't compare melee to ranged. Hint: ranged is better, end of.

and therein lies the problem. ALL of my ranged builds were easier to level and stronger, earlier, than any melee build i have ever tried.

however i have not tried a BoR melee build which is a rather serious omission, but i wouldn't a BoR-like unique to make an outstanding ranged build. all of my ranged builds have been incredibly cheap. right now BoR is about 5 ex in rampage.

my level 78 ranged build is clearing alch and go 70 maps, solo'ed Dom @ level 69, and does not have anything close to end game gear, and i've spent < 20C on it.

my melee build has cost me about the same, maybe a little more (and only because i got a great deal on a 2H weapon that should have cost me at _least_ 1 ex), is getting killed in 72 maps and has a hard time with Dom, at level 78.

game balance ! why have you forsaken us ?!

edit: melee build is 2H.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Sep 15, 2014, 4:13:22 PM
Bump
100% more dmg on 2hand style itself
100% more dmg on RT

would be good for balance
against mindlessly broken crit daggers
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 23, 2014, 11:03:18 AM
bump for further discussion
"
GodKas wrote:
100% more dmg on RT

In this and the other thread you are commenting on, I (and many others who've posted) find your logic poor, to be honest.

It does not even remotely follow that daggers do well against certain things you want to be able to kill (lvl 78 maps, whatever), but 2handers don't, so the appropriate action is to nerf daggers.

It's good that you're suggesting buffs to 2H above rather than nerfing daggers but I fear you've undercut (hehe) your argument by focusing so much on what other builds can do, rather than what your build should be able to do.
2H should, for starters, get an AOE multiplier on their abilities. It's just silly to think a 2H mace has the same range (except for basic attacks) as a 1H mace. It makes a ton of sense thematically: a bigger weapon should do bigger things. I think this would add a lot of flavor and value to your character.

Next, 2H needs some more love on the tree. The placement and nodes are just not great. I did an analysis of the nodes on the tree. There are 49 1H and 47 Dual wield nodes, yet only 32 2H nodes. Moreover, the 1H nodes tend to be way better on average, especially in the crit area, where most scaling comes from in this game.

Honestly, I believe these two changes would go quite a long way to help out 2H, but bumping up the bases on these items just a touch wouldn't be a bad idea. Honestly though, base items need a retuning in general I feel like, but that's pretty much too large an issue to handle.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 24, 2014, 12:01:24 AM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
100% more dmg on RT

In this and the other thread you are commenting on, I (and many others who've posted) find your logic poor, to be honest.

It does not even remotely follow that daggers do well against certain things you want to be able to kill (lvl 78 maps, whatever), but 2handers don't, so the appropriate action is to nerf daggers.

It's good that you're suggesting buffs to 2H above rather than nerfing daggers but I fear you've undercut (hehe) your argument by focusing so much on what other builds can do, rather than what your build should be able to do.

you find my logic poor??

I want to hear your logic against below followings

"
LSN wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:

having just a 310 pdps dagger i could reach 60-70k dps in comparison to my mirror 2-h mace (818 pdps) marauder who maxed at about 25k in groundslam and 40k in heavy strike

so, anyone who claims that daggers are fine as they are, is either an idiot, or completely clueless about game balance and simple math, or does prefer the current status b/c he fears that his RMTed gear will lose value if the nerf/change hits his OP build.

This is harsh truth of poe

Let me add a new truth of PoE...

"
amksoljanka wrote:

How much will it cost to craft this? 10 ex? 20 ex? 30 ex?
It doesn't matter in detail that much. It is comparably cheap.
This weapon built in its respective builds is giving better results than
any mirrored 1h sword, 1h axe, 1h mace,
or any 2h weapons can get in their comparable respective builds.
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 24, 2014, 12:13:59 AM
2H staff with high physical or tri elemental is still viable

If I choose templar/scion/dialist/shadow I can choose
1.) Attack speed, staff block, staff physical and resolute
2.) Attack speed, staff block, staff crit, 2h crit and accuracy
3.) Attack speed, staff block, acrobatics and physical
3.) Attack speed, staff block, tri-element .....
+++ any combination

A staff like this
Spoiler

With multistrike, Q20 attack speed I am currently making 5 attacks per second,
I can still block and evade

If I run aura like hatred I can bring around 10k+ with defence

So I can say "Two-Handed Weapon is Viable"

It may be boring to traverse the tree at initial stage that is why some peoples don't choose 2H
We cannot say 2H mele is not ranged,

Say for Example
Spoiler

This tri elemental critical staff or 2H sword, can do insane damage with Anger,Wrath, Herald of Ice

you can use molten strike as well as spectral throw

At the same time you can block and crit and evade

One of my build is flat elemental passives as a templar and I choose no 2H passives at all

so all the rings, amulet, gloves elemental like 1-10 fire from gloves, 3-22 lighning from rings all will increase from the elemental passives and I can add auras and use spectral throw ....

so "2H weapon is good damage and defensive as well viable".
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

7k hp, 30k dps with a 5l. Rolling up to 77 map just fine

No no no no, you forgot about leech, endurance charge and immortal call. Armor is nothing though.

well you have some quite valuable gear there...

kaom's
525 dps axe

and you have 400% damage and 200% life in the tree. wow! very nice.

however, you could have much less valuable gear, and less life nodes, as a 1H/block and be doing just as well.

sure, CwDT/EC/IC/ID is _required_.

remember, i did say it was viable. but it's still a noob trap.

much easier to make a 1H/shield work.

2H is more difficult and i think requires more expensive gear, in general.

edit: nice build !

I love it. The fact that he is successful with some good mid range gears is irrelevant because it's somewhat expensive.

But lets get back to the REAL problem, which is obviously Shavronne's/Crown/Loath Bane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info