[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

TS Did not get nerfed but Puncture got gutted!

Puncture now bleeds for 10% of hit damage at all levels. It also gains more increased physical damage per level.

I honestly rarely used puncture anyway minus the trio boss anyway so not a huge loss.
So would you just pick something other then puncture? Or would you keep using it?
ya puncture got hit hard. the movement buff will still be the same i reckon, but you'll do so much less initial hit dmg from the super hard nerf on crit dmg gem, and now puncture is 10% initial hit dmg, plus 140% or w/e while they move.

puncture will still be good, but it will be a shadow of its former self. the new puncture is going to be herald of ash, mark my words right now. i'll demonstrate it with my build
Thank goodness I didn't use puncture much in this build. Regardless, I'm sure he will come up with a nice substitution, or maybe pick up some different nodes in the passive tree to compensate for the 10% bleed.
Last edited by Mentoya on Dec 11, 2014, 11:53:21 PM

Isn't this a nerf to TS (and most crit builds):

"Increased Critical Damage now provides 50% critical strike multiplier, up to 69% at gem level 20. It now provides 0.5% critical strike multiplier per 1% of quality."

Currently its 111% at lvl 20 and 2% CSM per 1% quality. So I think that's 72% less CSM for a 20/20 ICD gem.

Wondering if it might start being better to use the increased critical strikes gem instead as that got buffed. Or even some other gem altogether.
yes that is a massive nerf to crit dmg, and will affect every build that uses it (which is every crit build). it goes from 149% at 20/20 down to 79%.

you'll really have to experiment, but my guess is it is still the best support gem for any and all crit builds. inc crit strikes did get a massive boost however, so that could be a viable replacement if you didn't have a high enough crit chance already because you lacked some passives, or maybe just want to save on passives or something
Op,

Instead of puncture, what about traps for the bosses, and TS for cleaning trash. I dont know.

Andy
When doing a Shadow start, would the three physical damage nodes be better than the three attack speed nodes? The ones just before Coordination.
Dem patch notes, crit dmg gem multiplier halved. Do you think 400%+ crit multi is still possible with the new changes? Maybe we could get marylenes fallacy to work since both the increased critical strikes gem and the amulet itself gets buffed.
Last edited by Cyqe on Dec 12, 2014, 2:19:27 AM
And not to mention they remove the hybrid phy mod for bow...

self craft bow will a lot more expensive now...

Think we will have to stick with Chin Sol in the new league for quite awhile now...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info