[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Just crafted my end game bow... finally.
Switched to this build today and I'm not used to so much physical dmg.
Finding it hard to deal with reflect mobs.

Gear
Spoiler

Any suggestions on gameplay and gem setup?
Expect 282 pdps / 354 dps with 20q with such changes.

Now you'd probably want to 5L it as well, which will add around 1.5ex if done with Vorici. Check what you can get for 3.5 ex on poe.trade which is 5linked and sort by pdps:
http://poe.trade/search/eyohanitawamko

The one at 3.2 ex is pretty cool imho, definitely better that what you can get (higher crit). Now if you look for unlinked stuff under 2 ex: http://poe.trade/search/etaarukakanoku

Again you have some bow that are better than yours (already 6S, better crit or better pdps)

So I'd say no.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
"
Dying__Lights wrote:
"
Neonne wrote:
Ok, forget about my last post, btw.

I got it, I followed lvling skilltrees to realocate my points.

...I only have one single problem now.

I have 820 mana.
Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice takes, together, 50% of my total mana.
That's 410 mana reserved.
When I use Hatred, all my mana is gone! Cant use this dmg boost...
My puncture and tornado shot are around 12k~13k dmg, with Hatred 16~17k each one.
What am I doing wrong? :/

My gear and gems:
Spoiler

Take out the HoI and use Hatred instead of it. Upgrade your bow. Or if you want to use both Heralds and Hatred, use the less mana reserved nodes. or combine them with that gem Enlighten.
If you do use Hatred, I've found that WED will work far better than AFD. I'm also using PTL instead of the ICD. I'm not using FA gem either. I have a 5L

With a multiplier of 351%, Crit chance of 58% with the golem and no power charges, I do fine.

Oh and I just got my first Atziri kill :)

Here's a screenshot where she bowed to the queen alright :)

Thank you very much! I'll try those settings you said. <3 By now I dont have enough currency, but I'll buy another bow and those new gems when Talisman League ends. Thank you, thank you very much!

Thank you very much, Dying__Light!
I did almost everything you said. I gave up on Vaal Haste, since I almost never used it. I am using Enlighten + HoI + Hatred + HoA on my helmet. Instead of using AFD I'm using now WED, like you said.
I bought a perfect harbinger bow, obviously, "perfect" compared to my actual bow. See:

I changed socket colours of Atziri's boots to suit Assassin's Mark, Blood Rage (in love with this skill), Ice Golem and my beloved Blink Arrow.
Thank you very much for the help!

Now I need luck to jewel and fuse my future bow hahaha
I don't know where to ask this question, but thought people here might have some insight. Is there anyone else that is completely confused about why Harbingers cost so much. I seriously don't know any other class in the game that is as severely punished when it comes to buying their top tier items. I play in hardcore league and have been playing every day since the league started multiple hours, have even found 2 exalted. I have managed to save 11 exalted currently and 500 fusing, I have a 5 link 350 pdps 8.8 crit bow, but my plan was to buy a 400 pdps bow and try to 6 link it. The only two bows that were listed for over 400 pdps harbingers both were already 6 linked and the seller wanted 30-45 exalted orbs. That's outrageous. I'm level 95 now...by the time I have the currency to buy such a bow, I will be level 100 which sort of defeats the purpose. The bow is supposed to get me to level 100 easier not be the bow I wear after I get there.
Is there any other class in the game that is asked to pay 30-45 exalted for their 6 link. I look through 6 links on poe.trade and even for nice rare 6 links...it's only 20 exalted. Who picked Harbinger bows and decided "*&%$ those guys."? Somehow poe players have it in their collective mindset that Harbingers alone should be paid premium prices for but everyone else's elite items shouldn't cost as much. Take phys wands for example, I have one of the best phys wands in the league for sale, it's not worth more than 2-4 exalted. And no one wants to even pay that when they ask about it. 6 linking costs 14 exalted if you do it with fusing at current prices, so a 30 exalted bow, they are basically saying the bow itself is worth 16 exalted. How is an elite bow worth 16 exalted and an elite phys wand is worth barely 2 exalted? Both have the same rarity. Rangers aren't even that popular. only 15% of the league is Rangers, and of those, how many went voltaxic? I have thought about this and I understand why unique 6 links sell for 12-20 exalted, cause the unique is actually more common than a 400 pdps bow. But by the time anyone gets the exalted to pay such an exorbitant price the league will be over. Seriously. In hc already the league is practically dead. My guild and everyone else's guild never even comes online anymore, our guild leaders have league quit and I can't find a NA mapping guild.
But I just don't understand why Harbingers seem to be the most expensive item in the game for elite ones. When other classes elite items 6 linked or not, don't sell for even a fraction of the cost. Why does the poe community have this belief that it's worth that much, and it's worth not selling until 2.5 months into a 3 month league, at that point you might as well save it for regular parent hc league where you can probably make 100 exalted off it, cause that's where all those exalted end up. I just really don't understand how I'm supposed to make that kind of currency anytime before the two month mark unless I happen to be that one player every league who finds a mirror. Just very frustrated at the bow prices in hc, thanks for listening, and any feedback or theories on why this is the case would be great.
"
I don't know where to ask this question, but thought people here might have some insight. Is there anyone else that is completely confused about why Harbingers cost so much. I seriously don't know any other class in the game that is as severely punished when it comes to buying their top tier items. I play in hardcore league and have been playing every day since the league started multiple hours, have even found 2 exalted. I have managed to save 11 exalted currently and 500 fusing, I have a 5 link 350 pdps 8.8 crit bow, but my plan was to buy a 400 pdps bow and try to 6 link it. The only two bows that were listed for over 400 pdps harbingers both were already 6 linked and the seller wanted 30-45 exalted orbs. That's outrageous. I'm level 95 now...by the time I have the currency to buy such a bow, I will be level 100 which sort of defeats the purpose. The bow is supposed to get me to level 100 easier not be the bow I wear after I get there.
Is there any other class in the game that is asked to pay 30-45 exalted for their 6 link. I look through 6 links on poe.trade and even for nice rare 6 links...it's only 20 exalted. Who picked Harbinger bows and decided "*&%$ those guys."? Somehow poe players have it in their collective mindset that Harbingers alone should be paid premium prices for but everyone else's elite items shouldn't cost as much. Take phys wands for example, I have one of the best phys wands in the league for sale, it's not worth more than 2-4 exalted. And no one wants to even pay that when they ask about it. 6 linking costs 14 exalted if you do it with fusing at current prices, so a 30 exalted bow, they are basically saying the bow itself is worth 16 exalted. How is an elite bow worth 16 exalted and an elite phys wand is worth barely 2 exalted? Both have the same rarity. Rangers aren't even that popular. only 15% of the league is Rangers, and of those, how many went voltaxic? I have thought about this and I understand why unique 6 links sell for 12-20 exalted, cause the unique is actually more common than a 400 pdps bow. But by the time anyone gets the exalted to pay such an exorbitant price the league will be over. Seriously. In hc already the league is practically dead. My guild and everyone else's guild never even comes online anymore, our guild leaders have league quit and I can't find a NA mapping guild.
But I just don't understand why Harbingers seem to be the most expensive item in the game for elite ones. When other classes elite items 6 linked or not, don't sell for even a fraction of the cost. Why does the poe community have this belief that it's worth that much, and it's worth not selling until 2.5 months into a 3 month league, at that point you might as well save it for regular parent hc league where you can probably make 100 exalted off it, cause that's where all those exalted end up. I just really don't understand how I'm supposed to make that kind of currency anytime before the two month mark unless I happen to be that one player every league who finds a mirror. Just very frustrated at the bow prices in hc, thanks for listening, and any feedback or theories on why this is the case would be great.
well the that you could've posted in general discusion , but heres my insight, TOO MANY IDIOT KIDS THAT THINK THEY ARE ON WALLSTREET
A quick question, using voltaxic rift + lightning arrow, will totally negate my nodes for lifesteal and vaal pact key, so that is why in this guide there is no mention of voltaxic rift?

If that is so, i can still go voltaxic and then i would depend on my life flasks for life regen?
Spreading salt since 2006
Forgive me if this question has been asked alot but I didn't find an answer in the latest 20 pages so I just ask again.

With 75% of my mana reserved for auras is the 0,4% mana leech in the augmented tree enough to sustain my mana or do I need other sources of mana or leech?

"
Flouyd wrote:
Forgive me if this question has been asked alot but I didn't find an answer in the latest 20 pages so I just ask again.

With 75% of my mana reserved for auras is the 0,4% mana leech in the augmented tree enough to sustain my mana or do I need other sources of mana or leech?

Hm.
I have another two sources of mana leech at my quiver and my ring.

I dont remember picking any node of mana leech at skilltree since those two fits very well for me... Only got +30 intelligence node to use gems and only one mana % node.

At least for me, 0,4% mana leech was not working good. I got Mana Flows at passive tree, my mana regen is working good with 0,8% mana leech from my equips =)
Last edited by Neonne on Jan 29, 2016, 6:46:05 AM
Spoiler
"
IceMatrix wrote:

Hmm i don't play on hardcore but on Standard a 400 pdps is much more expensive, found nothing under 40 ex... i agree with you very expensive, on the other side i run at 92 with a 250 pdps bow, yeah it lacks at dmg at this level but i can do tier 9 and 10 maps easily now...
"
Necromael wrote:
A quick question, using voltaxic rift + lightning arrow, will totally negate my nodes for lifesteal and vaal pact key, so that is why in this guide there is no mention of voltaxic rift?

If that is so, i can still go voltaxic and then i would depend on my life flasks for life regen?
Vitality Void and Spirit Void clusters provide attack damage leech, and same goes for Essence Sap. They work with any attack damage, not just physical, so they're perfectly usable with Voltaxic.
Leech on gear however is in the very vast majority limited to physical attack damage. It's almost useless with an elemental attack build.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 29, 2016, 5:56:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info