[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

what is the difference between mathil's version and this build? does this build have more dps or better survivability?

also, how about chin sol? I have a great infractem but I was thinking of using chin sol too. is it bad for this build?

Looks tons better than the chin sol dot build
"
Spoiler
Hi, need advice, I am a noob ranger and don´t understand how crafting a good harbinger. I am using this bow
but I am looking a harbinger bow for more crit.

After some alts,aug and regal I have this bow and have 2 t1 suffix, can get a good harbinger if aply level 8 elreon? Or it´s necesary get tirannical mod?

Thanks for help and for this very nice build.
Spoiler

"Levels of interest are:
1) iLvl: 60: 130 to 149 (Cruel) - Local Physical Dmg +%
2) iLvl: 65: 24 to 33 / 49 to 57 (Tempered) - Local Min/max added physical damage
3) iLvl: 73: 150 to 169 (Tyrannical) - Local Physical Dmg +%
4) iLvl: 77: iLvl: 77: 29 to 38 / 58 to 68 (Flaring) - Local Min/max added physical damage"
"
sighlight wrote:
what is the difference between mathil's version and this build? does this build have more dps or better survivability?

also, how about chin sol? I have a great infractem but I was thinking of using chin sol too. is it bad for this build?

Looks tons better than the chin sol dot build

Mathil prioritizes a different passive tree and gems.

IIRC here are just some differences (might be different or have changed):
1) His skilltree is less tanky
2) He doesn't use drillneck
3) He uses a tankier aura composition
4) He prioritiztes the form of a video guide, while I like indepth descriptions.

His guide is pretty good, however I personally disagree on some of his choices (non-optimized in my eyes), but then again, I saw his uber-atziri video and he's a skilled player.

-----

Chin Sol:

Once again, certainly not bad. However, Chin Sol really shines in point blank situations and works best if combined with the point blank node/gem. Neither is hard to get and can be used to create absuively strong puncture traps, but:

1) You will lose clear speed - you will spend more time running or will deal less damage at range
2) You will lose tankiness - having melee things at point blank range is kind of dangerous

"
most fun I have had in PoE. only level 50 but with a 4k DPS tornado shot I 1 shot everything

Yay
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Rampage is over for me , and honestly, reaching 90 and doing regular Atziri was all thanks to this guide.

Defense

Puncture

Tornado

Only real CON I found on the build is something Neversink explained, trying to upgrade a particular piece of gear can be a headache.

I looked for certain stuff I needed, like the mana leech, int etc, and got my hands on that amulet around level 70ish. At several points I thought of upgrading it, but between the +49 INT +4% ManaLeech +%AR/Cold +19% Eva I just... couldn't.

I HAD to fix the rest of my gear around it basically.

No luck trying to 6L armor or 5L bow. Since I feel drillneck is expensive I went for the most budget I could go, 5-6ex bow, decent chest that I bought with 1 slot and 6S and 5L myself. Rest of the gear is less than 1ex piece (some even a couple of chaos). Rat's Nest may be a bit more expensive, but it dropped (was using a 70% one that I bought for 20c previously). Grand total of less than 10ex.

Since I didn't want to go Drillneck I swapped the pierce node for Master Fletcher. The rest of the points if I ever level it over 90 would be all to life nodes to try to reach 5k+ .

Also, not all gems are 20/20, no point on working on that at this point of the league.

Map clearing speed is INSANE, 62% movement speed + huge AoE + huge damage, not much else to say.

Very safe build, tho I died a couple of times, most of them were to recklessly opening of strongboxes on hard maps, or just derping at Atziri. On my defense I play with 180-200ms (on a sunny day, lol).

To summarize, amazing build, amazing guide. Thanks a lot Neversink! :)

EDIT: Oh, I really had low accuracy issues, plus I honestly feel that Acuity > Rare gloves with IAS > Maligaro/S&D. This is my take on it and I may be horribly wrong, but both the S&D I got dropped were not good for my particular setup (one decently rolled, the other was crap).
Last edited by daemmon on Nov 10, 2014, 9:01:04 AM
"
daemmon wrote:

EDIT: Oh, I really had low accuracy issues, plus I honestly feel that Acuity > Rare gloves with IAS > Maligaro/S&D. This is my take on it and I may be horribly wrong, but both the S&D I got dropped were not good for my particular setup (one decently rolled, the other was crap).

I think S&D depends a lot on playstyle... since I tend to play more slowly, get distracted easy, stop to pick up scrolls, etc., its bonuses weren't very good for me. I've been using rare gloves with IAS as well, but I'm actually looking forward to going back to standard because I have 49% legacy Maligaro waiting for me there, should be fun to try, at least (won't be fun to roll a CwDT setup with them...).
My fastest Normal Piety kill was with this build... She literally didn't almost move...
I got my hands on a nice Death's Harp and got over 1.2k DPS on Puncture in a3n... Thats more than I had on my 1st ranger in a3m in open beta :)

Edit:
And my fastest Normal Dominus kill.

Edit2:
And my fastest Cruel Hillock kill... (where does it end? :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Nov 10, 2014, 7:15:36 PM
it never does puncture and tornado shot are the GG ranger skills
"
Friskick wrote:
it never does puncture and tornado shot are the GG ranger skills

I've been playing around with split and ice shot, and honestly, tornado has probably the best AoE clear, but both split and ice shot are extremely good (specially split with pierce + drillneck). Just follow the exact same guide an gearing, swap TS for split/ice shot and maybe double check the supports, some may change. You will still have insane clearing speeds, which is good, because that means this guide/build has flexibility in skills also :)

Puncture on the other hand is probably the best single target that we can get, and hits like a effing truck with something as low as a 4L. Highly doubt if there is any point on replacing it.
I'm really thinking on doing it, i have the current passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEsQlYD6sVIBX2Ff0WvxjbGYoajx2qHcoi4iP2JpUo2ymlKgsqTSzpMZ41kjY9OuE_J0X0RnFH4kp9SshLV0xgTZJN404qUUxTNVVLVvpbr1ywYeJieWKsZK9noGqMbIxtbG6qb1dvnnBScNV3B31bgwmHE4d2idOKOIw2jX2QCpVmm7WcpJ2qotmjiqZXpn-sR7DYsbO0xbVItfLA48GLwzrIFMpK0IHT_Ni926fdDd_v4YjtQe4O8bPyRfPq9W_22vsJ_MX-Cv6P

and the current "common" items
Spoiler
i just need arround 30-40 regrets and a way to sell these items
Spoiler

in order to get a 6L eva chest and a good bow
"
daemmon wrote:
I've been playing around with split and ice shot, and honestly, tornado has probably the best AoE clear, but both split and ice shot are extremely good (specially split with pierce + drillneck). Just follow the exact same guide an gearing, swap TS for split/ice shot and maybe double check the supports, some may change. You will still have insane clearing speeds, which is good, because that means this guide/build has flexibility in skills also :)

Puncture on the other hand is probably the best single target that we can get, and hits like a effing truck with something as low as a 4L. Highly doubt if there is any point on replacing it.

i haven't tried ice shot lately, but i've played with tornado and split and stuff quite a bit recently since my build has gone through a number of revisions, and honestly i just dislike tornado, i think split arrow (with pierce, not chain) clears much faster than tornado.

however - what clears faster than them all is herald of ash. seriously it is stupidly insane. tack on elem prolif literally everything melts with 1 shot, even a single arrow (no split, lmp or gmp). if you crit, everything is dead.
if you want even more damage from it, use curses that support it like flammability, vulnerability and/or elemental weakness

it really seems pretty unfair and hugely overpowered currently, especially if you can fit it into boots with +1 gems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info