[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hey, first i have to say i'm new to this game.. now my prob, i tried this build and i love it, but now with lvl 79 i'm stucked at around 3.600 dps and dont know how to improve :(
maybe u can give me some good tips what i should do.. thank u

links and bow, that is pretty much it. better gear is what is holding you down right now. majority of damage comes from support gems so more links will shoot your dps super fast - and all damage is based off the base damage of your weapon, so upgrading will shoot up your dps the fastest

also - when you're looking to upgrade some gear, find some accuracy. accuracy is important especially if you're crit based. shoot for at least 90% IMO
Ive been wondering about 4L for puncture. Instead of puncture + crit dmg + phys proj atk dmg + faster attacks, what about puncture + trap + point black + phys proj atk dmg? I cant seem to tell which is better because tooltip dps lies.
Also that CwDT setup seems broken. You want it to proc many times, and keeping it on such high level makes its usefulness severly limited.

Depending on your max hp, you can try setups like
CWDT 1 - EC 5 - IC 3 - ID 20 ( CWDT doesn't limit support gems, so you want it high) or
CWDT 4 - EC 7 - IC 5 - ID 20
"
Ive been wondering about 4L for puncture. Instead of puncture + crit dmg + phys proj atk dmg + faster attacks, what about puncture + trap + point black + phys proj atk dmg? I cant seem to tell which is better because tooltip dps lies.

I've been trying that. The damage seems to be pretty good, in fact even slightly higher, but once you acquire the 5L pierce/drillneck the comfort and utility of a 5L puncture (especially during atziri runs) was just too high and made won me over. Though I still sometimes try out my 20/20 trap+point blank gems, but am never quite a satisfied.

"
i haven't tried ice shot lately, but i've played with tornado and split and stuff quite a bit recently since my build has gone through a number of revisions, and honestly i just dislike tornado, i think split arrow (with pierce, not chain) clears much faster than tornado.

however - what clears faster than them all is herald of ash. seriously it is stupidly insane. tack on elem prolif literally everything melts with 1 shot, even a single arrow (no split, lmp or gmp). if you crit, everything is dead.
if you want even more damage from it, use curses that support it like flammability, vulnerability and/or elemental weakness

it really seems pretty unfair and hugely overpowered currently, especially if you can fit it into boots with +1 gems

Both Split arrow and ice shot are good alternatives. You can also pull off a pretty effective lightning arrow build with pretty much the same passive skill tree.

However, imo tornado shot has 2 convincing qualities all other skills don't have
1) Amazing area coverage - it even hits mobs behind you, offscreen etc. With pierce it's simply beast for clearing groups too
2) Ability to focus down opponents - since the area behind the epicenter of the explosion gets hit by 3-5 hits each shot with GMP/pierce, you can focus down bosses effectively.

As for herald of ash, I think around 10-20 pages before I posted my results with Ele Prolif/Increased burn damage/Increased AoE testing. It works. It's really good. However, if anything usually survives I find it easier and faster to simply fire another shot, than to let them live for a second longer.

However, all of it is obviously very subjective.

Also all of those options are VERY viable. The build will still work with minor modifications and it comes down to preference.

"
EDIT: Oh, I really had low accuracy issues, plus I honestly feel that Acuity > Rare gloves with IAS > Maligaro/S&D. This is my take on it and I may be horribly wrong, but both the S&D I got dropped were not good for my particular setup (one decently rolled, the other was crap).

This may be actually true.

I never tried using rare gloves with this build, so with 15% ias, some physical damage, int/life/leech, one might get very decent results.

As for S&D I just like the whole kit they provide. Also the chaos damage bonus works wonders if combined with atziri's promise leech.

Also if you like running those linear maps like gorge, it's just very effective. I often clear the whole map in under 2-3 minutes, without stopping the rampage counter, thanks to S&D+Flasks+Haste/Vaal Haste+Rampage. This is a wonderful way to farm currency and unique quickly.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.

Hi, im having trouble with upgrading my gear....may i know the priorities in my upgrades? super clueless lol. And i heard rare glove is better than maligaro anyday? :O
"
BlackPie wrote:

Hi, im having trouble with upgrading my gear....may i know the priorities in my upgrades? super clueless lol. And i heard rare glove is better than maligaro anyday? :O

Bow should be your priority. You have a 274pDPS bow with 7.05 crit chance.
pDPS is ok to start but the crit chance is too low, consider that all the +% crit chance you're stacking it's applying to a low base. Getting a 290+ pDPS with 8.5+ crit should cost around 1-3ex depending on who is selling it.

Your quiver is decent, but imho you should be using a spike-point base one (the one with crit chance global). Skip the pierce nodes unless you have a drillneck.

Maligaro is decent and yours are nicely rolled, I just prefer the rare ones and had better results with the other gear I have around it.

Flat phys rolls on jewellry helps a lot (same as some IAS).
Alright thanks shall work on my bow 1st :D

By the way, why do you take the hired killer cluster of life nodes? 4% + 4% + 6% = 14% for 3 nodes. The whole consitution wheel gives 5% life a node and you get 15% life for 3 nodes so arent they more worth to take?
"
BlackPie wrote:
Alright thanks shall work on my bow 1st :D

By the way, why do you take the hired killer cluster of life nodes? 4% + 4% + 6% = 14% for 3 nodes. The whole consitution wheel gives 5% life a node and you get 15% life for 3 nodes so arent they more worth to take?

Hired killer also provides 20 life on kill.

Assuming your skilltree offers 170% bonus life with 4500 total life (it's even better for lower numbers) 1% more life would equal around 17 bonus HP (4500/270).

If you fire a shot into a reflect pack, it's likely that you will at the very LEAST kill 1 mob (likely 3-15 per shot, depending on the map), which will also provide more sustain than the 1%.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
Hi guys, I need a bit of suggestion on the gears.

Current gears
Spoiler

Character stats
Spoiler

Defense

Offense

With that setup, i can run 68 map or below. No problem for killing mod in 70-74 map but I will get instant dead if I met an exile there...or a few hit from those magic/rare monsters...

Now, I need to set a target for getting better gears. I need some suggestion to see which one will be my priority.

Body - I will 6L that Queen of Forest after I get another 5L for a backup.
Bow - I think I can use this for another while.
Helmet - Think this one will stay too.
Boots - Will replaced to Atziri's Step eventually.

Quiver, Gloves, Rings, Belt and Amulet need a better one but I dont know which one need to get a replace first. Can someone give me some suggestions please?

P.S I mainly use iceshot/tornado on the QoF body. This depends on the map type.

Hi guys, I just got this bow so I think I dont need to farm another bow any sooner.

so which gear is my next priority?

Quiver, Gloves, Rings, Belt and Amulet need a better one but I dont know which one need to get a replace first. Can someone give me some suggestions please?

thanks
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info