[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hey everyone, first of all neversink, cheers for the guide! Amazing job :)
Secondly, seeing everyone here help each other out, awesome!

Here is my gear i'm running at the moment :

While i am fairly happy with it ( get up to 70k split and 144k frenzy with all buffs up), i just can't figure out what my next upgrade should be.

I have saved up almost 100exalts, should i be going for a 400pdps+ 6l? or should i get a better 6l chest to drop res on quiver/rings? Or maybe even a headhunter?

All suggestions welcome :)
"
That setup used to be prefect, and is still very viable. It is however no longer optimal due to a couple changes to the game:
1. Increase crit damage gem got nerfed hard. From around 150 crit multi to 79.
2. The new gem "Physical to Lightning" got introduced somewhere in 1.3. This gem is very powerfull because it:
2a: provides safety against phys reflect packs, because 50% of phys damage is converted to lightning
2b: allows for consistend shocking of enemies, which when shocked recieve 50% increased damage from your attacks
2c: Synergises very well with the Weapon Elemental Damage gem which give >50% MORE weapon elemental damage. So this multiplies all the shock damage from the PtL gem.

As for your resists, try to get a gem that has those resists on them. Or in the meanwhile you could always spec into "Cloth and Chain" which gives 15% all res, and a lot of evasion for 2 skill points.

Using 4 uniques can make it very hard to manage resists. I suggest switching out your boots for ones with life+tri-res+movespeed. That gives you room to improve on your other gear, such as your ammy. You really want crit multi on there.

I really like the boots though. Might go Cloth and Chain and see if that give me enough room to wiggle in a nore powerfull amulet. Another option could be to get some res for a jewel!? Thanks a lot for the feedback, that makes the game come alive.

I have changed the setup of the gems now, this does indeed seem to give a higher damage output:

I am thinking to save up the 1500 fusings to 6-link this, would you do this?
Last edited by DaneOfTheHill on Aug 6, 2015, 6:16:59 AM
dat build guide.
A+++
Rampage Rank 7 lv 100 BONJWA_TOP_DAWG
Talisman SC Rank 7 Lv 100 LaBonjwa_Neymar
"
Sotto_voce wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Though that is true damage wise, using PtL will allow for better survivability against phys reflect.
"
Sotto_voce wrote:

Reflect was basically removed in 2.0, and with the removal of Thornflesh too, it's currently a thing of the past.
"
Fritso wrote:

Would'nt call it a thing of the past, though it has indeed been nerfed. With high damage, and/or using Lioneyes (which means the reflect always hits you) it can still lead to scary situations.

I've been hit by reflect for >4k for a couple times in 2.0. And I'm using Vaal pact with life leech gem. Without it, it would have been a certain RIP.

Well, I have a 525 dps bow and I'm not having any problems without a LL gem or Vaal Pact - the thing about reflect now is it only affects the rare mob, not the entire pack, and it seems to only tickle now. If it's a phys reflect mob I use Tornado Shot, if it's ele reflect I use Puncture.

Now if you mean actual reflect maps, that's another matter entirely. I just reroll them.

The moments I got hit that hard where when only the rare monster was still alive, and the rest of the pack was dead. That, combined with an unlucky evasion/dodge roll got me hit quite hard a couple times. I've heard of more people still having reflect issues in 2.0 especially when using Lioneyes (and the OP uses Lioneye's). So there's still a risk, albeit a lot less than back in 1.3.

I could do ele or phys reflect maps in 1.3 no problem with my setup. In 2.0 it's a bit too RIP risky with the life leech reduction compared to Vaal Pact buff, so I also reroll em.
"
Agneton wrote:
Hey everyone, first of all neversink, cheers for the guide! Amazing job :)
Secondly, seeing everyone here help each other out, awesome!

Here is my gear i'm running at the moment :

While i am fairly happy with it ( get up to 70k split and 144k frenzy with all buffs up), i just can't figure out what my next upgrade should be.

I have saved up almost 100exalts, should i be going for a 400pdps+ 6l? or should i get a better 6l chest to drop res on quiver/rings? Or maybe even a headhunter?

All suggestions welcome :)

Depends, do you want more offense, or defense.
I'd probably go for the 6L chest piece, because a good 6L with life+tri-res will be usefull for any evasion based build, and will help you to further upgrade your other gear.

You can always see if you can get a better bow for the remaining currency.

Please see my current kit, I have followed the suggested levelling philosophy, and currently am finding it very difficult especially in Zara's daily missions, I keep getting one-shotted, I am level 80 any suggestions will be gratefully received
"
kawask999 wrote:

Please see my current kit, I have followed the suggested levelling philosophy, and currently am finding it very difficult especially in Zara's daily missions, I keep getting one-shotted, I am level 80 any suggestions will be gratefully received

1. Get more life. You have no life on head/quiver/ammy/body/rings/belt(only 4)
2. Get another bow. Death's Harp is ok till like lvl 70 max. By then you should really be looking at a close to 300pdps Harbinger bow with preferably >8.5% crit chance.
"
kawask999 wrote:

Well.. where to begin!
I'm impressed you managed to make it to level 80 with that gear.
The bow in particular is very awful and should have been upgraded 20 levels ago. Getting a new bow is your number 1 priority. Harbingers with high physical DPS and crit are the best option, but it seems a lot of people here are having success with the Lioneye's Glare as a budget option (although its crit chance sucks).

Now, much of your gear is lacking life rolls. The rings are ok, but you need to replace the amulet, quiver, helmet and especially that chest ASAP, with stuff with high life rolls. Your new chest or bow also needs a 5L at minimum.

Your boots lack movement speed, one of the most important stats for a ranged char.
A couple of those life flasks should be rolled to 'Seething' - instant healing.

Summary:
1. New bow! Prioritise physical dps and crit chance
2. Try to get life roll of 70+ on every single non-unique slot.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Thanks very much for your suggestions, I will follow
HELLOOOOOO

is anybody here who can help me ?
im make a ranger on this build and reading a lot of posts i get conffused what gems use and so on
so would u guy can ook into my gear and tell me what is wrong and what i can improve to be better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info