[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Vulcanic00 wrote:
HELLOOOOOO

is anybody here who can help me ?
im make a ranger on this build and reading a lot of posts i get conffused what gems use and so on
so would u guy can ook into my gear and tell me what is wrong and what i can improve to be better

Is this a trick question?
You're lvl 90, usings >100ex gloves, but still playing with a 220pdps bow.....
I sure hope you didn't put that multimod one there, because that was a big waste of 2ex.

For gem suggestions, read the build quide on page 1. It lists several very good options.
Last edited by Fritso on Aug 6, 2015, 8:23:19 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

I sure hope you didn't put that multimod one there, because that was a big waste of 2ex.

For gem suggestions, read the build quide on page 1. It lists several very good options.

about gloves its from my other char ( witch)
i didnt joking with question i have no idea really , bow got from one of friend so not my "job"
first page i was try understand this but its alot of and for me looks like mess ,so thats why was asking . but like i see for u its a joke thx
"
Vulcanic00 wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

about gloves its from my other char ( witch)
i didnt joking with question i have no idea really , bow got from one of friend so not my "job"
first page i was try understand this but its alot of and for me looks like mess ,so thats why was asking . but like i see for u its a joke thx

I apologise for jumping to conclusion.

There isn't really anything fundamentally wrong with your gem setup. Only flaws I see are:
1. You have CoH - Assassin's Mark linked to your Ice Golem. This means that your Ice Golem will curse enemies when it hits them. If that was your intention, it looks interesting. If you want to curse them with an attack performed by you, you have to link it to one of your own attacks like Frenzy/Split Arrow etc.
2. You're using Enduring Cry in your CWDT setup. That nop longer works in 2.0, so you can remove that gem. EC can only be manually cast in 2.0
3. You have Reduced Mana linked to your Aura's. That also no longer works in 2.0. The new "reduced mana" gem for Aura's = Enlighten. Running Hatred+HoA+HoI will be posible onless you pick reduced mana nodes in the tree/use Alpha's Howl. I suggest sticking with Hatred+HoA.
4. You're not building/using Frenzy Charges. Try Blood Rage or Frenzy for building Charges. In 2.0 Frenzy charges are VERY powerfull. Each charge give you 4% MORE damage, and 4% increased attack speed.

As for gear itsself, get a better bow. Aim for >300pdps, and >8.5% crit chance Harbinger. Also try and get a bit more life on gear. You have an ammy, and ring without any life.

Hope this helps, and once again, my apologies.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Vulcanic00 wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

I apologise for jumping to conclusion.

There isn't really anything fundamentally wrong with your gem setup. Only flaws I see are:
1. You have CoH - Assassin's Mark linked to your Ice Golem. This means that your Ice Golem will curse enemies when it hits them. If that was your intention, it looks interesting. If you want to curse them with an attack performed by you, you have to link it to one of your own attacks like Frenzy/Split Arrow etc.
2. You're using Enduring Cry in your CWDT setup. That nop longer works in 2.0, so you can remove that gem. EC can only be manually cast in 2.0
3. You have Reduced Mana linked to your Aura's. That also no longer works in 2.0. The new "reduced mana" gem for Aura's = Enlighten. Running Hatred+HoA+HoI will be posible onless you pick reduced mana nodes in the tree/use Alpha's Howl. I suggest sticking with Hatred+HoA.
4. You're not building/using Frenzy Charges. Try Blood Rage or Frenzy for building Charges. In 2.0 Frenzy charges are VERY powerfull. Each charge give you 4% MORE damage, and 4% increased attack speed.

As for gear itsself, get a better bow. Aim for >300pdps, and >8.5% crit chance Harbinger. Also try and get a bit more life on gear. You have an ammy, and ring without any life.

Hope this helps, and once again, my apologies.

About bow i know its sux will Change it Soon .
I will make as u said .
What I should put in slot where was EC ?
The same was read about increased psychical dmg thats he dont work at all .and did I should use WED gem too ?
Sorry for my stupidity :)

And ok u don't need appologize
Last edited by Vulcanic00 on Aug 6, 2015, 9:36:42 AM
First, just wanted to say I am new to PoE(Played like a year ago for a few weeks but that was it). When I came back I decided to try this build and absolutely love it so far. My DPS skyrocketed after moving to this build.

With that said, since I am so new and have no wealth/orbs to speak of(only found 1 exalted in my life, that's how rich I am), I am having a hard time in Act 4 Merciless. Specifically the Daresso/Kaom and onward.

I mean REALLY hard time. My DPS seems fine, I can destroy stuff like nobodies business, I can get over 12k DPS on my puncture with 6 frenzy charges.

HOWEVER, my resists totally suck. I think I am -9 Fire, 20ish Cold, and like 54 lightning, and -60 Chaos.

I seriously cant find a decent piece of resist gear to save my life.

Where to Farm? What to do from here? I cant seem to get past the Belly of the Beast without constantly dying. I know the final boss will be impossible with these resists, much less any serious map.

I did a level 68 generic one solo but died twice.

help!
"
Vulcanic00 wrote:

About bow i know its sux will Change it Soon .
I will make as u said .
What I should put in slot where was EC ?
The same was read about increased psychical dmg thats he dont work at all .and did I should use WED gem too ?
Sorry for my stupidity :)

And ok u don't need appologize

You can replace EC with another defensive curse like Enfeeble or Temporal Chains.
In stead of going full phys damage you could try the route using the popular Physical to Lightning + Weapon ele Damage route in your TS setup. You need the Pierce gem because of drillneck, so try:
TS - GMP - PPAD - PtL - WED - Pierce.
So drop Added Fire, and Faster Attacks. This will give you a DPS boost, and allow you to apply shock for even more damage. Just see how you like it.
"
Rezyn2501 wrote:
First, just wanted to say I am new to PoE(Played like a year ago for a few weeks but that was it). When I came back I decided to try this build and absolutely love it so far. My DPS skyrocketed after moving to this build.

With that said, since I am so new and have no wealth/orbs to speak of(only found 1 exalted in my life, that's how rich I am), I am having a hard time in Act 4 Merciless. Specifically the Daresso/Kaom and onward.

I mean REALLY hard time. My DPS seems fine, I can destroy stuff like nobodies business, I can get over 12k DPS on my puncture with 6 frenzy charges.

HOWEVER, my resists totally suck. I think I am -9 Fire, 20ish Cold, and like 54 lightning, and -60 Chaos.

I seriously cant find a decent piece of resist gear to save my life.

Where to Farm? What to do from here? I cant seem to get past the Belly of the Beast without constantly dying. I know the final boss will be impossible with these resists, much less any serious map.

I did a level 68 generic one solo but died twice.

help!

I can't seem to find your bow character under this user name. I only see a lvl22 Witch. Do you happen to have it under another account?
It would be nice if we could see your gear to give you pointers on where to upgrade first.

To get better gear fast you're better off just buying it from another player. Decent resist gear can be very cheap, like a couple chaos or less. SO you should be able to upgrade without spending much currency. For trading check url POE.XYZ. You'll find all kinds of stuff there. Just see what you like, contact the player that is selling, and voila.
Another option would be to add mastercrafted mods to your current gear.

So please post your gear so when can be of better help.
Last edited by Fritso on Aug 6, 2015, 11:01:11 AM
Yeah my ranger is under my steam account, which for some reason wont let me login through steam while at work, go figure. SovariOnza is my chars name.

Any pointers on gear would be great! I think I have 6 chaos and 1 exalt, so I will def be working on a budget. I spent some chaos last week on the 5L bow I have which I think is already about up for an upgrade. I have got some from drops with more DPS but crap sockets/links and don't feel I have the orbs yet to "craft" one or fix a janky dropped one.
This is my Ranger from the post right above
"
Rezyn wrote:
This is my Ranger from the post right above

Oh wow, I see why you have such low resists ;-)
Try and get as much resists as possible on rings/ammy/boots/armor/belt.
Don't buy new Helmet/Gloves, because you'll want to max resists without em so you can upgrade those to Rat's Nest/Maligaro's in the near future.

Also your bow is pretty bad at just 150pdps. You'd even be better of using Death's Harp atm. But since you said damage is not an issue, lets focus on resists first.

PM me ingame @Fritso_Archer. I may have some stuff for you for free. I'll be happy to help you on your way to having max resists.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info