[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

O_o i dont used earlier BR so often and i dont saw it make frenzy :) Now i understand. I have blood dance even corrupted with +1 frenzy but i dont want lose my Atziri's step especially it's perfect roll.
I think i will use lower lvl BR and connect it with my cwdt-ic setup for hard situation. Thx for fast answers and great job with your build :)
"
Migdalin wrote:
As background, I'm level 69, following the passive skill tree fairly close, with the exception of 4 points into Strength and Intelligence nodes (gotta have them, or I lose some of my gems), plus a couple points to get extra mana and +40% mana regen (gotta have it, as running out of mana remains a problem even now, esp. with two auras going).

My Tornado Shot is on a 4L Decimation bow, with GMP, PPAD, and Faster attacks. The tool-tip DPS (with Hatred and Herald of Ash running) is 1K. For my puncture shot, the DPS is 2K. So: I'm off by about 15x. It takes 4-5 shots to kill level 65 white mobs. Clearing Docks (!) I have to take it slow and easy.

I'm sure my gear sucks. Then again, when I look at the "this is what I was using to clear level 79 maps and kill Atziri", the only real DPS boost I see is that the belt adds 10-20 physical damage per shot.

So: where exactly is the multiplier coming from? I don't expect to be doing 17K TS without a harbinger bow (which means getting to level 71-72 before I can even look at buying one), but I do need to be doing at least 3x the damage that I'm doing now if I have a hope of killing Dominus and making it through the insane 4th act, never mind farming high level maps.

I do see extra damage coming off the other items. But honestly, none of those items is in reach. I saw a Rat's Nest going for a very reasonable 2 exalts. I asked the guy if he'd take something else, as I have yet to see even one exalt. He said he'd accept 80 Chaos Orbs instead. I laughed: I had 8 of those, so I was only off by a factor of ten.

The Nr1 bow for leveling is Death's Harp. Base dps is not so high, but is has 2 very good mods: 100% crit multi, and 1 additional arrow. I used that bow till I was close to lvl 70, and never had any problems.

My advise: buy a Death's Harp. Get the one that has increased crit chance implicit mod. They're for sale for just a couple chaos. Now, because of the 1 additional arrow, switch out you GMP for LMP. You should see a nice damage boost for very low cost.

\edit\ Removed the 5L comment.....was watching the wrong profile.

As for Rat's Nest. 2ex is only for the top rolled ones. Message me ingame @ 'Fritso_Archer', and I'll give you one for free that I have laying around.
Last edited by Fritso on Jul 13, 2015, 7:51:04 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Migdalin wrote:
As background, I'm level 69, following the passive skill tree fairly close, with the exception of 4 points into Strength and Intelligence nodes (gotta have them, or I lose some of my gems), plus a couple points to get extra mana and +40% mana regen (gotta have it, as running out of mana remains a problem even now, esp. with two auras going).

My Tornado Shot is on a 4L Decimation bow, with GMP, PPAD, and Faster attacks. The tool-tip DPS (with Hatred and Herald of Ash running) is 1K. For my puncture shot, the DPS is 2K. So: I'm off by about 15x. It takes 4-5 shots to kill level 65 white mobs. Clearing Docks (!) I have to take it slow and easy.

I'm sure my gear sucks. Then again, when I look at the "this is what I was using to clear level 79 maps and kill Atziri", the only real DPS boost I see is that the belt adds 10-20 physical damage per shot.

So: where exactly is the multiplier coming from? I don't expect to be doing 17K TS without a harbinger bow (which means getting to level 71-72 before I can even look at buying one), but I do need to be doing at least 3x the damage that I'm doing now if I have a hope of killing Dominus and making it through the insane 4th act, never mind farming high level maps.

I do see extra damage coming off the other items. But honestly, none of those items is in reach. I saw a Rat's Nest going for a very reasonable 2 exalts. I asked the guy if he'd take something else, as I have yet to see even one exalt. He said he'd accept 80 Chaos Orbs instead. I laughed: I had 8 of those, so I was only off by a factor of ten.

The Nr1 bow for leveling is Death's Harp. Base dps is not so high, but is has 2 very good mods: 100% crit multi, and 1 additional arrow. I used that bow till I was close to lvl 70, and never had any problems.

My advise: buy a Death's Harp. Get the one that has increased crit chance implicit mod. They're for sale for just a couple chaos. Now, because of the 1 additional arrow, switch out you GMP for LMP. You should see a nice damage boost for very low cost.

Also, I see the 5th link on your armor is empty. Why not use it? If you're having mana problems, you can even insert mana leech there.

As for Rat's Nest. 2ex is only for the top rolled ones. Message me ingame @ 'Fritso_Archer', and I'll give you one for free that I have laying around.

What he said. Nice guy.

Also:

Updated several sections. I'll create the pictures for the skilltree and the gems later on.

Nothing to see here
Also I'm stealing Chris's patch note formatting for my aesthetic purposes.

Mwahaha.

• He may not know ._.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jul 13, 2015, 7:02:41 AM
I have a small question, where I didn't find an answer for in your very awesome guide:

How the hell do I get Frenzy Charges?
"
Kealsera wrote:
I have a small question, where I didn't find an answer for in your very awesome guide:

Frenzy, Bloodrage, Blooddance. Pick your favorite combination.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
NeverSink wrote:
"
Kealsera wrote:

Frenzy, Bloodrage, Blooddance. Pick your favorite combination.

Whilst all 3 are excellent at building charges they each have their up-, and downsides:

Blooddance (Frenzy Charge ON KILL):
+ Excellent passive way of building frenzy charges. Cheap, and don't require extra gem slots
- You sacrifice an entire gear slot for frenzy charges, and miss out on an opportunity for life and resists

Bloodrage (Frenzy Charge ON KILL):
+ Excellent passive way of building frenzy charges, and requires only 1 gem slot
- 4% life reduction/sec can reduce your survivability a lot if you're not killing/leeching fast enough, have low life regen, or even no life regen due to having Vaal Pact

Frenzy (Frenzy Charge ON HIT):
+ Only skill to reliably build Frenzy charges in ALL situations, because you gain a charge ON HIT in stead of ON KILL. That can be a huge benefit when fighting bosses with no trash around to kill for frenzy charges.
- Need to actually use the skill actively in order to build charges, and requires at least 1 gem slot. Though if you want to use it a bit more reliable without having to perfect aim, link it to GMP.

Finally, you can also build Frenzy charges by using the curse called 'Poacher's Mark'. Though I would advise against it, because not only do you need to have a CoH setup for that, you'll not be able to build Frenzy charges when running 'Curse Immune' maps/enemies.

Now pick the one that suits you best. And above all: experiment! That's the cool thing about the skill system in POE. You don't like it....you switch gems.
OP, how do you handle the mana leech after 2.0?
i got myself Mind drinker and its not nearly enough
"
huntsmon wrote:
OP, how do you handle the mana leech after 2.0?
i got myself Mind drinker and its not nearly enough

Don't take Mind Drinker. That's 4 nodes for 0.4% leech.
Take Spirit Void. That's 3 nodes for 0.8% leech, and a nice 2 mana on hit.
Hello Neversink,

What is your opinion on a similar build but one focussing on 2H crit swords (with ice crash, sweep or wild strike)? And would you go oak or kraith for a crit build?

What about using CWDT with Arctic Breath + chain + curse?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe034knX1173piWv667g72o0QNo4oVIMjwI_bdDY19TZJbrzB8FHUNjVFHd9eHdo2_dKDjnwW11CNYdUp96NYwcQYgmybndN2oMgFtbEt4shm1SDY9D6s6Qs968-qdqha_YesqC2KsbIwmlXpTcFJh4lVLjDYtgxm0vqdlTb02R36E2amUh2pOKiPTbyeaakz_QzHawXTtBS167y5T028s6YazG8jP3fGK1FLL9TGw3L3nDwMnRNKj5wIRPs-95jfU7T_nVCT9_97glZ-CVugGohfcwzNaGuXmnMS3IsjcwUn-HQ==

Last edited by foojin on Jul 13, 2015, 9:13:58 AM
For those asking about where 3-6 points came from. Go back and do Act 4 in normal and cruel, there are quests that reward books.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info