[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
woodyfly wrote:

I'm sitting at 7.3 with a crit dmg and phys projectile (only 500more dps than added fire) like I expected. Nowhere near even 10k.

When comparing fire/cold/chaos damage (Added Fire Damage gem, etc) and physical, do note, that elemental/chaos damage will be futher reduced by resists, and (of course) life/mana leech from gear applies to physical only.

Added fire damage may show nice tooltip numbers, but in fact, it sucks when it comes to reality (due to resist and no leech).

High base bow DPS, %increased physical damage, AS, crit chance and multipler make your DPS.

P.S. As far as i know, your first goal in hardcore league is to SURVIVE, not beating DPS records. I feel comfortable with 3500 "paper" DPS (rises to 4200 with charges), while i dont fell comforable really with 3500 life.... Guess, what i decided to improve first?

Good points, that's what I thought about added fire dmg. Anyways, I upgraded my coil to 5l and got a reallly nice bow on beyond
. That crit multipler on the bow is so nice.

However with my new increased damage, reflect packs are the most dangerous thing to me. I can imagine my death when I accidentally spam into a reflect pack. Anyone got any ideas on what I can tweak to be extra safe against reflect?
"
woodyfly wrote:

However with my new increased damage, reflect packs are the most dangerous thing to me. I can imagine my death when I accidentally spam into a reflect pack. Anyone got any ideas on what I can tweak to be extra safe against reflect?

8%+ life leech + Vaal Pact. No matter, how many enemies you'll hit, Vaal Pact ensures you'll get your leech from every one of them.
And you have only 1% life regen, so losing it isnt a big deal.

I specced into Vaal Pact, and i feel much more "tankier" now.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
korzasa wrote:
Pretty sure someone asked this before, but I dont want to read every single thread page sorry *_*. So is this build Beyond/HC viable?
I see that ZiggyD plays it on beyond but his build is differently as you mentioned... Has anyone here tried to make this exact build in Beyond League?

And why is there no Heavy Draw anymore in the finished tree 113 points version?

I'm playing this build lvl 80 beyond works great. I had to change a few things but overrall its the same
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
woodyfly wrote:

8%+ life leech + Vaal Pact. No matter, how many enemies you'll hit, Vaal Pact ensures you'll get your leech from every one of them.
And you have only 1% life regen, so losing it isnt a big deal.

I specced into Vaal Pact, and i feel much more "tankier" now.

Hmm I don't have much room for more life leech gear and I actually like spamming flasks when I need to run from situations.

Perhaps lowering my accuracy will help? The gloves I bought gave me a whooping 650 accuracy for a total of 1933. Without it I get 1286 acc 82% to hit. How much accuracy do you guys think is good for end game maps?
Last edited by woodyfly on Sep 25, 2014, 11:18:54 AM
"
woodyfly wrote:

Perhaps lowering my accuracy will help? The gloves I bought gave me a whooping 650 accuracy for a total of 1933. Without it I get 1286 acc 82% to hit. How much accuracy do you guys think is good for end game maps?

The problem is:
On one hand, you need 2000+ accuracy to get 85+ chance to hit (otherwise it will have really detrimental effect on your REAL DPS).
On other hand, to get 95% evade chance (WITH Ondal's Guile) against 2000 accuracy, you need 50000 evasion rating.

For more realistical evasion values (like 15000), you need to have 800 evasion or so. So, if someone ever tells you "you will evade 95% of reflected prjeciles", dont believe that so easily.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 25, 2014, 12:20:21 PM
Hi, very nice build !
One question though : since puncture is all about physical damage and big initial hit for the bleed, what about culling strike as a 5th-6th link ?
"
KaXXoR wrote:
Hi, very nice build !
One question though : since puncture is all about physical damage and big initial hit for the bleed, what about culling strike as a 5th-6th link ?

Culling Strike doesnt add much damage. It isnt worth using.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
mortalkombat what would you put in there rather than added fire in a 5l tornado?

and also, crit multiplier gem vs power charge on crit?
"
danteafk wrote:
mortalkombat what would you put in there rather than added fire in a 5l tornado?

and also, crit multiplier gem vs power charge on crit?

Priorities for TS:

1. TS itself (obviosuly)
2. GMP (LMP works too, but it's weaker)
3. Physical projectile
4. Increased Critical Damage (and dont forget - QUALITY! With quality can be even better than 3.)
5. Faster Attacks
6. Pierce/Added Fire Damage/increased critical strikes

You dont really need PCoC because you can (and will) use Assasin's Mark. Better - with another Tornado shot, GMP and Curse on Hit.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 25, 2014, 3:19:38 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
KaXXoR wrote:
Hi, very nice build !

Culling Strike doesnt add much damage. It isnt worth using.

I have puncture + phys proj + crit damage + pierce (drillneck user).
And after that, beside more crit with add accuracy (quality) or inc crit strike, the only gem can add physical damage is culling strike. I m also not considering added fire since it's not physical, neither faster attack.
It s still 22% inc phys damage at level 20 and add the culling strike effect (plus you get 10% attack speed with q20%). Is it really not worth it ? -__-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info