[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
~17k+ TS dps
50% EV
45% dodge
4k hp
Over Capped resist (~95% resist all after merciless penalty)

Please check my ranger profile for gear

Still find it super hard to do atziri without dodging every single flameblast. If I ruby flask I survive with like 10-20% HP and if I don't I die. So the fight takes forever and die a lot if I don't have absolutely 100% movement play mechanics and worse if there's desync.

The upside is that the spears literally cannot land on me due to evade and dodge

And this is just non uber atziri. Not sure if this is the best endgame build for standard since 99.99% of drops in maps aren't sellable so atziri is the only reliable way to farm wealth endgame outside of trading/flipping items. Dominus farming in a group with a culler is 100x more efficient than mapping (especially because you need to spend currency to chisel and roll high lvl maps or risk shrinking your high 70s map pool)

Seems like it would have been better if I just made an atziri specific build that can facetank any flameblast and not have to stop DPS. Even budget SRS build will do it more consistently.

But maybe I'm doing something wrong? Please check my profile for paasives+gear. And yes I can play better and not get flameblasted but that is not the point. The point is that if I HAVE to have 100% perfect play to not die and any mistake will cause death, then it is a very poor build for long term atziri farming, which I hope isn't the case because I spent all of my currency on the build.

I'm sorry if I'm ruining your expectations, but 99% of all builds, with the sole exception of full mirror-level gear builds can't facetank uber atziri. And if you want to farm uber-atziri, you better get good at the normal fight, since you need to dodge. Everything. It's not supposed to be a faceroll encounter.

This build wins at Atziri by providing high DPS, high mobility and a good amount of dodge and spell dodge. You are practically immune to her spears. You can also use vaal grace and rumi's (at uber) to have good cards if you still mess up. You still need to be a good player.

Also you can survive her attacks.

It takes 4.4k HP to survive any of her attacks on normal (except 2x flameblast)
It takes around 6k HP to survive any of her attacks on uber. You also need overcapped resistances, since she penetrates some of them.

Also there's spell dodge, rumis and vaal grace.

Finally at what point did you read that this character is a dedicated Atziri farmer? You only got yourself to blame, if you think Atziri is supposed to be a tank&spank encounter.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on May 2, 2015, 3:52:15 AM
Just wanting to see how everyone playing in the Closed beta is fairing.

Ive been doing well, a bit rough at the start ofc.

But after a bit i made some currency, got a Deaths harp, a 4link chest, found some slitherpinch gloves.

got roughly 1.8k dps on GMP at lvl47

Bulking currency, so when i can use a decimation bow i can get a nice high physical

So far I haven't even really noticed the ondars nerf.
Last edited by Rant on May 2, 2015, 2:28:27 PM

Very friendly build, linked all this with 80fus, ty for DPS.
Thanks..
"
Addister wrote:
Just wanting to see how everyone playing in the Closed beta is fairing.

Ive been doing well, a bit rough at the start ofc.

But after a bit i made some currency, got a Deaths harp, a 4link chest, found some slitherpinch gloves.

got roughly 1.8k dps on GMP at lvl47

Bulking currency, so when i can use a decimation bow i can get a nice high physical

So far I haven't even really noticed the ondars nerf.

so far real slow at the end of act 3 in norm..but dont have anything worth of value yet just got Tornado gem

hp good but dps not so good with crappy bow...folllowing the tree to see how it goes lvl 31 at the moment
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on May 3, 2015, 6:03:38 AM
Hey man I'm buying the Axiom pack in a few minutes and was wondering if you can give me a picture of your tested beta skill tree, I'm good at deciding on gear etc. myself but I'm still overwhelmed by the skill tree
Don't forget the granite flask and rustic sash recipes. They help a lot to craft decent bows.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I think i'm doing something wrong.
My DPS is really low, 697.7 with HoI and HoA at level 52 (and ice golem)...
I know it is not a build problem.

Can someone help me please ?
My equipement is not garbage, i think. (I don't even know how to link it grr ><)

Last edited by Szkotj on May 3, 2015, 9:51:45 AM
"
I think i'm doing something wrong.
My DPS is really low, 697.7 with HoI and HoA at level 52 (and ice golem)...
I know it is not a build problem.

Can someone help me please ?
My equipement is not garbage, i think. (I don't even know how to link it grr ><)

Glad to help sort out your problems.

As of now, my CB Tshot ranger is lvl 54, just hit merciless. Just over 4k gmp Tshot buffed.
Hi guys,

I've been playing the beta during the last days (got to level 80) and here are my impressions. Obviously all of this is subject to change and I'll keep you (and the thread) updated:

click to dispense feedback
Leveling: Leveling is a slightly harder now. Mobs on normal have more HP and damage, increased multipliers do MUCH more work for you than the minor more multipliers in the first levels.

Act4 (spoiler warning!): Difficulty-wise its on the same level as act 3 so far, not much to be said here, nothing particulary deadly for bow builds. Just dont try to facetank daresso/voll/kaom on merciless.

Jewels: Rare jewels can be VERY worth the skillpoints, but are very hard to get (good ones). Intuitive leap is somewhat worth it. Lionseye's fall is not worth it (for rangers at least, I didn't find a good spot for it in the current game/current radius).

Skills: OH BOY did much change here.
-Tornado shot in it's current form is actually VERY strong. It's slightly weaker in cruel, but becomes WAY stronger once you gain a 4L/merciless
-Due to the way all attack gems scale right now %increased damage from the tree is worth a bit more tahn before.
-Nearly all relevant gems have LEVEL-SCALING MORE multipliers similar to the base damage of TS (Lightning arrow, ice shot, split arrow, GMP, LMP, Chain, slower projectiles, all of those have level-scaling more/less multipliers)
-High levels gems provide tons of damage
-Due to the way gems scale now links have become much more important. I was running a tabula with: TS->FasterAttacks->GMP->PPAD->WED->FireDamage/Chain/PTL.
-Ice Arrow / Lightning Arrow / Split arrow are just as viable, each of them having it's own advantages.
-Tornado shot doesn't need a single target attack, provides decent utility and decent aoe damage
-Split shot (8-9 additional arrows on high levels and scaling base damage, similar to TS) works wonders with chain, but needs a decent single target. From the tested gems I liked split show the least compared to TS/LA/IS
-Lightning arrow has scaling base damage too now. I was running a LA->GMP->PPAD->Chain->WED->Faster attacks and could 1-shot clear packs
-Ice arrow is my absolute favorite in the beta with LA->GMP->PPAD->Chain->WED->Faster attacks i could clear packs extremly fast and very very safely (permafreezy).
-My weapon was horrible and i was BREEZING through content (i had a tabula though)
-Frenzy charges are INSANE right now. They provide 4% more damage on top of the old benefits
-Frenzy is my single target of choice in the beta
-I was actually running blood rage. Yes charges are this good.
-With a <200DPS harbinger with 8% crit and no uniques (except for wurms bolt and tabula), with both chain AND gmp, my ice arrow/tornado shot still had 7000+ DPS and my frenzy 16000+ DPS with 3 power and 6 frenzy charges. My clearspeed was insane for that level of gear.
-Ondals got nerfed but is still a must have
-CWDT got nerfed hard. I was using CWDT assassins mark.
-War cries are effective but have a cast time
-Ice golem provides a decent benefit, but you have to resummon him here and there
-You can use all arrow skills with nearly the same skill tree right now
-Reflect is single target now, not an aura, but reflects a lot more. Can be very dangerous

TL;DR skills:
-A lot more damage. A lot more viable alternative skills and passives. Less defense!

Items: Barely any changes. The new bows suck. Harbingers are still the way to go. Decimation bows have 1.2 attack speed, instead of 1.1

Skilltree: Barely anything changed. You have 3 more skillpoints. However, you want frenzy charges now

TL;DR:

I'll be rewriting the guide in 2.0 as a general ranger-archer guide, with the focus on TS, but with options for Ice arrow / Lightning arrow / Split Shot / RoA. I expect changes to the current balance though.

I also did some streaming, might highlight / upload some moments to visualize what i mean later on
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on May 3, 2015, 7:34:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info