[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hey guys, with this build...

Is

or

more apt? With the Harbinger I lose 1k DPS for both Puncture and Tornado Shot, but I gain ~73 Increased Crit, and the chance to evade reflect.

So is the 1k DPS loss worth it?
Last edited by indirect on Apr 30, 2015, 9:05:09 PM
"
indirect wrote:
Hey guys, with this build...

Is

or

more apt? With the Harbinger I lose 1k DPS for both Puncture and Tornado Shot, but I gain ~73 Increased Crit, and the chance to evade reflect.

So is the 1k DPS loss worth it?

I'd say take the Harbinger. 1k dps loss isn't all that much, plus, that is just tooltip dps. Because of your higher crit chance, when using the phys-to-lightning gem, you'll shock enemies more often thus dealing more damage. So in reality you may have actually gained some dps. Just see how it plays in game. When your kill speed is still very good, I'd stick with the Harbinger.

P.s. Next time, try to get a Harbinger without the elemental damage, and with higher phys damage. That will give you a better damage boost.

Cheers
What do you think about taking out PPAD and itroducing PPOC? (without having killed Oak on Merc)

We're talking about a toon with 45% Chance and 564% Multiplier.
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
Last edited by scabre89 on May 1, 2015, 10:18:26 AM
You will lose a bit of dps (28->26.9k dps in my case, with 5 power charges, so you will lose more). PCoC is on par with increase crit multi, increase crit chance, etc. But PCoC has its onw pros, namely higher crit chance, so more status ailment and faster flask recharge. I use it myself in my AOE setup (either Split or TS).

And you can always try yourself if you have a tabula rasa (a mandatory item for any player imho, it's so useful to try stuff).

As for your damage issue, it's probably that your bow is too low. If you want a cheap upgrade, look for a Lioneye's Glare which does quite well in a crit build. But you may have a hard time with reflect then.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Sorry I couldn't link it before, there were some issues with my armory. I'm using this since lv 50 I think, and sadly couldn' come up with a replacement since.

My other DPS giving gear is:

Spoiler
Wich I know they don't have the best roll, but whatevs
Could you link your body armor too ? your TS setup is there.

The bow is decent but it's time to upgrade it. The rest of your linked gear is more than ok.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Wow, I just realized I had
on one of my old characters. I started playing again a week ago. I must have thought it was a shitty levelling unique, hah.
"

The bow is decent but it's time to upgrade it. The rest of your linked gear is more than ok.

Indeed, my bad. Still have to finish leveling these.

@Mindlapse: you have to dodge every flameblast. That's intended. How can you expect an archer to tank her mindlessly?
It used to be much easier in 1.2, with the old puncture. I did a few deathless runs back then. I did one in 1.3 and died too. I didn't bother much doing her after that.

your gear: it's fine, mostly (I'd try to get a huge str roll on belt to save one passive).
your tree: do you take survivalist to cover ele weakness? if not, refund for depth perception. More crit is always welcomed and I suspect you to lack of a bit of accuracy. Also I don't like piercing shot that much. It costs you 4 points for 16-18% increase projectile damage. I also don't think the added pierce chance is worth such a cost. If you want damage, just take master fletcher, but I'd rather go with crit nodes, especially the missing nodes in Lethality cluster. Higher crit chance is especially important for you if you specifically target Atziri, because it will make crit puncture easier to achieve.

"
scabre89 wrote:
"

Indeed, my bad. Still have to finish leveling these.

Because of your bow, you don't have much crit chance yet. Added fire damage may be a better support, in addition to split damage between phys and elemental, which make reflect easier to manage. Try it on tabula rasa if you have one. But even though it would just be a minor upgrade. What you really need is a better bow.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 1, 2015, 9:20:18 PM
Luckily I upgraded my bow to

So, I guess I'll just try to gather currency to 6L a similar chest I got on my stash (easier said than done), to integrate the Added Fire Damage to the mix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info