[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Story time! (or, how RNGesus smiled upon me that day)

So I'd been spinning my wheels for a while on upgrades. It largely was based on a bow upgrade. I was using a ~260 pDPS bow, which was solid and cleared content well enough, but wasn't what I was gunning for.

I had a couple decent drops over the past couple weeks as well as lower level currencies built up. I had my sights on a 300+ pDPS bow, and to finally get an item with 5 links (been running TS and Puncture both 4L).

I find a bow I really like (320-ish pDPS) at 10 ex, sitting on 4 at the time. Make a few currency swaps and get to 6. Confirm with the seller that it was still available. I'm spamming the trade channel with the better of the drops I had, hoping for a sale or two to get the required exalts for the sale. It starts out slow, but over the course of an hour or so, I end up selling both of the bigger ticket items I had available. I now have enough exalts, with a couple to spare! I message the guy back: *This user is not online* D'OH!

So I figure I'll hit him up later on, but given the time of day I was on, I worry that he's in another time zone (UK or Aussie or NZ perhaps). Add him to the friends list and go about some mapping. I have a couple of Harbs lvl 77+ sitting in my stash I'll throw Alts at on occasion to see if anything exciting pops up. So while I'm waiting to see if this guy will sign back on, toss a couple of Alts, and BAM, Tyrannical Harbinger, no other mods! Close my eyes, pray to RNGesus, and toss a Regal at it. +1 Bow skills. Not amazing, but it's a prefix, meaning I can craft Flat Phys, AS, and Crit Chance.

It may not be elite, but a 321 pDPS Harbinger that I self-found / crafted was pretty damn exciting. Not to mention coming in much cheaper than the 10 exalted that I was about to pay for a very similar bow.

Lucky you! Congrats on the self-craft. Starting to save up for the "elite" bow myself. Burned a few chaos orbs on a rare lvl 79 harb myself and it's passable but for the higher level maps, I need an upgrade. Here's my bow right now:

Spoiler

Have a lower roll Infractem and 6S Lioneye's but I'd have to socket and link up the Infractem or link the Lioneye's to see about a DPS increase. Debating about sinking currency into one of them or saving for a higher rolled Harb...

In the process of releveling many of my bow gems in my alternate slot after converting to +20% qualities.
Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Last edited by jvtrain on Mar 12, 2015, 6:52:25 PM
LG will probably stomp any of those two bows. See the LG vs Harbinger topic listed at the end of the ranger build list for additional infos.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
i play sice 2 month with a 4 l lg. and its better than a 320 harbringer. AND it dont miss and has a verry fast shot. So its better for puncture and maps with 60 % mov and att speed bosses.
I clear every map with all mods exept no life or mana reggen (it works but its slow me so down that its not funny) and blood magic.
phys reflect is no problem because of 5 % leech on gear.

And d died in the last 2 month 2 times. One time of desync and one time devourer.

But i throw over 180 fuses on the bow and have still no 5l :-(. that s the only pain.
Took the plunge and burned some currency on linking up the LG last night. It's not a great phys damage roll on it, but it was 6S self found. Maybe should have spent the 20 c to 1 ex for one with a better roll... but anyway, damage is pretty amazing compared to my previous 250+ Harbinger. Obvious after reading through the Harb vs. LG damage thread but great to see in person. Spent about 50 fuse to link it up (had tried before this with maybe 50 additional).

Spoiler
308 DPS

Happily slaying with much greater pace now. The rest of my gear is decent, but not so dangerous that I can one shot myself on a reflect mob off screen.

Last edited by jvtrain on Mar 13, 2015, 8:52:18 AM
what ????

50 fuse for 6l

i tried to 6l my chest and burned 800 fuse and give up.

you are verry lucky
Yeah, between this session of attempts and previous ones it was about 100-120 fusings. I would have stopped this round if it had gotten a 4L but it luckily jumped right to the 5L!

6-linked my bow last night. Took about 400 fusings. I really like using a critical strikes gem. Gives me over 10% more crit and I really like the consistent crits it provides. I tried a lvl 19 added fire gem and it felt lackluster.
Really enjoying this build, thanks for the incredibly detailed guide.

What is the general consensus on using Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Ass Mark instead of Herald of Ice? I've been switching freely back and forth and although Ice may have more synergy, I appreciate the barrel-busting and other benefits of Thunder - not to mention the auto-cursing.

with the 109 Int on this build, you can only bring Herald of Thunder to lvl 10, but it still seems about even with my lvl 19 HoI.

Thoughts?
"
supernoggy wrote:
Really enjoying this build, thanks for the incredibly detailed guide.

What is the general consensus on using Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Ass Mark instead of Herald of Ice? I've been switching freely back and forth and although Ice may have more synergy, I appreciate the barrel-busting and other benefits of Thunder - not to mention the auto-cursing.

with the 109 Int on this build, you can only bring Herald of Thunder to lvl 10, but it still seems about even with my lvl 19 HoI.

Thoughts?

HoI's aoe explosion from crits is an enormous dps boost. That damage won't be shown on the tooltip of nado shot. That said I really like HoT, curse on hit, assassin mark set up. Getting the 4th power charge from merc Act 2 quest and you can run around with 200% increased crit chance nearly all the time. Either option is a good one. The main issue will be the int requirement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info