[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Once again thanks for the build, reached level 80 and feel still kinda unsure about finding the right bow.

I am currently using this one since ages:

which has 252 DPS according to a dps calculator I found online.
Will it be a big jump in dps terms when I switch to a Harbringer with the same DPS but obviously more crit? Could afford one with 8,85% Crit Chance - my budget is kinda low, therefore I am really unsure when it comes to spending like 1ex for a single piece.
Just wanted to give this Thread a little bump, since it gave me a good overview of what to look out for while building my new Tornado Ranger.

1 thing to add (although it might be somewhere on the 100+ pages already):
I'm using a Lioneye's Glare with a Q Life Gain on Hit and it works just fine vs. reflect. Using it instead of an added Fire dmg gem. Sure you loose some dps, but be realistic, the dmg of TS is more than enough even without added Fire and that's a far cheaper solution than using Atziri's Acuity.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Jan 5, 2015, 10:08:59 AM
"
versi2k13 wrote:
Once again thanks for the build, reached level 80 and feel still kinda unsure about finding the right bow.

I am currently using this one since ages:

which has 252 DPS according to a dps calculator I found online.
Will it be a big jump in dps terms when I switch to a Harbringer with the same DPS but obviously more crit? Could afford one with 8,85% Crit Chance - my budget is kinda low, therefore I am really unsure when it comes to spending like 1ex for a single piece.

Personally I think that bow is fine! I see many people get worked up trying to find the perfect bow, but this build is so strong that you don't need a perfect bow...Now, I haven't reached end game yet, but my good friend is running this build on just decent, not good or gear and he's still clearing maps like crazy.....That's the beauty of this build!.....This is the most enjoyable build I've ever played. Even with the recent nerf to crit, the build is still very strong in maps.............You can always keep your eye on better gear and grab it if you can if it improves your stats/dps.........

At first when I looked at this build it was scary, I thought you had to do exactly as what was posted on page 1 in order for it to work. Then I realized that those suggestions posted by Neversink are only recommendations if you trying to be in the top 1 or 2% of those who run the build.....

Having a great build like this that doesn't cost a bunch of EXALT is the main reason I'm still playing POE..........

Last edited by Mentoya on Jan 5, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
posting from torment:

I crafted all of this or found- nothing has been purchased CEPT the rats nest in which I paid for with an astramentis at beginning of league.

Spoiler

I'm having so much fun crafting my own gear-- alts and regals are soo fun and plenty abundant. it add's so much dimension to the game when you are using something you made yourself :) i ♥ masters!!!

Doing atziri on this build, no probs- 50 percent EV; 23K TS LMP (5L); 3.5K health; 92 accuracy; 57 crit chance; 475 multiplier

Need to save up some dough to mastercraft on the bow- will add crit, of course for the best DPS I can get. attack speed will NOT add more DPS to this harb as the crit will outperform based on passives.

also, have tried the new passives for the "bleeding" effect and its NOT worth it to go all the way down there for those passives. best spending your passives into life or damage somewhere easily accessible.

my tree at 88(Atziri Spec)

POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Jan 5, 2015, 11:01:39 AM
Level 82 at the moment and this is my gear..
Spoiler

My resistances are capped at 75%..
I have Atziri's step too but I couldn't apply 4 red links on it nor Maligaro's so using an alternate boots..
What about my bow? Do I need to change it to a better Harbinger bow or is this fine?
Need to get Drillneck too.
Are all of you guys running this in Bloodlines league??
Love this build !

I just found a Romira's and was wondering if that would be a good ring choice ?
IGN: Iznogood / IceIce_bby
"
posting from torment:

I crafted all of this or found- nothing has been purchased CEPT the rats nest in which I paid for with an astramentis at beginning of league.

Spoiler

I'm having so much fun crafting my own gear-- alts and regals are soo fun and plenty abundant. it add's so much dimension to the game when you are using something you made yourself :) i ♥ masters!!!

Doing atziri on this build, no probs- 50 percent EV; 23K TS LMP (5L); 3.5K health; 92 accuracy; 57 crit chance; 475 multiplier

Need to save up some dough to mastercraft on the bow- will add crit, of course for the best DPS I can get. attack speed will NOT add more DPS to this harb as the crit will outperform based on passives.

also, have tried the new passives for the "bleeding" effect and its NOT worth it to go all the way down there for those passives. best spending your passives into life or damage somewhere easily accessible.

my tree at 88(Atziri Spec)

Would you be so kind and post a screen of your res?

-King
══════╣ My Shop ╠═════
═══╣ ♕ Kings Loot ♕ ╠═══
url=http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/edit-thread/887770
"
Noctorious wrote:
Love this build !

I just found a Romira's and was wondering if that would be a good ring choice ?

romiras isnt a bad choice and adds a nice feature to the build. if you can compensate the resist loss using this ring i would definetly try it out.
Last edited by dan166 on Jan 6, 2015, 1:39:41 AM
hello, current lvl 81. Love love the build btw, but i need help on what to upgrade on my items. current dps 9k with buff.

I only have 4ex what item(s) I need to buy first? Thenks for helpo!
Ign: MaMaw
Last edited by astigto06 on Jan 5, 2015, 10:19:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info