[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
Why on the puncture skill gem links is pierce listed in the non drillneck setup pictures:

What do I not understand with single target puncture, pierce can not shotgun or hit the same target twice so why link it into 5 link or even 6 link setup.

Puncture -> PPAD (got it) -> Crit Damage (got it) -> crit chance (got it) -> Faster attack
(got it) -> and for a sixth link (pierce) I do not get it. I know added fire damage does not really help in bleeds and it is a bad gem in general yet why pierce?

Sorry if I am a total noob here yet after the the new change to puncture I do not get the link with pierce for puncture and single target bleed? Can someone shed some light on why pierce is linked into the setup on puncture.

it state's pierce (only if your using drillneck) i belive...i throw in a additonal accuracy gem myself

IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Jan 4, 2015, 1:43:28 AM
It doesn't though if you look at the cool pic a while down it clearly states under no drillneck pierce as the fifth link, I think im gonna try inc crit chance for a while have been using additional acc lately.
"
Fhark wrote:
It doesn't though if you look at the cool pic a while down it clearly states under no drillneck pierce as the fifth link, I think im gonna try inc crit chance for a while have been using additional acc lately.

yea your right my bad
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Just want to say that I really appreciate you sharing this build!

My first and main character is a Ranger. I researched an LA build first and followed that, although it was too life based and had awful DPS. With the recent passive tree reset I respecced to a crit version with much better results. I've been min-maxing every piece of gear since then (as much as I can afford), as well as optimizing the skill setup.

However having done all this, my DPS was still a bit short of 10k, and my life had dropped down to 3k in favour of damage nodes (not too much of a problem as most things couldn't hit me). But having come across this build and seeing that the gear and skill setups are fairly similar, I spent all of my remaining currency on regrets and skill gems with quality. Already I'm seeing results after 1 evening! Most of my new gems are between levels 10-15, yet my overall DPS is only 2k short of my previous one, my tornado shot tooltip is double the LA one, yet clears packs just as quick without chain, and my health has gone up by 1k.

I had resigned myself to never being able to tackle the highest content (e.g. atziri) with my favourite character, but it looks like that will soon be possible with this excellent build! The write up is the most in depth and thorough I've seen on this forum, so thanks a lot for that.

P.S. These gloves I had been using seem even better now that I'm not using blood magic ;)

Actually I will post all of my gear for you to see. The only new item I had to buy was the mana leech ring.

Last edited by deepeewastaken on Jan 4, 2015, 9:56:23 AM
Gotta give this build some cred, I was using this guide here in torment and it's pretty damn good! I hadn't done a bow character in forever and it's very strong, great guide!

my gear

Spoiler

my gear isn't all that great for the most part either, except the rats next, maligaros and that quiver (although bad base, might ex + vaal it). Just going to get my 20% gems the old fashioned way, lvl 20 + 1 gcp and level them up again.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Last edited by AntonChigur on Jan 4, 2015, 12:10:08 PM
"
GGZII wrote:
Currently at 450 multiplier, like 120 to all resists, 4.1k Life, 50% to evade, 40% block, seems nice.
But my damage is low I know tooltip isn't a great indicator as I am currently killing 75 maps pretty quick with "6k", but I want to do a lot more, right now its a fight to kill dominus, say 20 hits.

Here is my gear

Spoiler

It depends what level your character is and how your tree looks like atm. And your gear is not really good imo. You could easily update every piece of gear except rat's nest and the quiver to boost you damage by alot, starting with your bow.
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
GGZII wrote:
Currently at 450 multiplier, like 120 to all resists, 4.1k Life, 50% to evade, 40% block, seems nice.
But my damage is low I know tooltip isn't a great indicator as I am currently killing 75 maps pretty quick with "6k", but I want to do a lot more, right now its a fight to kill dominus, say 20 hits.

Here is my gear

Spoiler

It depends what level your character is and how your tree looks like atm. And your gear is not really good imo. You could easily update every piece of gear except rat's nest and the quiver to boost you damage by alot, starting with your bow.

Im 86, Im capped resists and like 13k evasion, you say I can upgrade every piece but what for? I have no idea how to make it any better, as im capped and high evasion, where do I get the damage from?
A bow with more damage (186 pdps only, this is low)
Amulet and rings with crit chance/muli and/or flat physical damage.
More life on most pieces of gear
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
GGZII wrote:
Im 86, Im capped resists and like 13k evasion, you say I can upgrade every piece but what for? I have no idea how to make it any better, as im capped and high evasion, where do I get the damage from?

just as panini said, you definitely need a better bow there.
personally i never overcap my resistances to that degree. i get my resistances from what i can, belt, gloves, chest, maybe 1 ring. everything else is spent for DPS. flat phys is an enormous boost in your dmg, also don't neglect the accuracy.
I'm in love with this build xD Around 20k dmg with Tornado Shot and almost 10k with Puncture, awesome! Wanna try Atziri one day e_e

Hey, is it worth to 5L this? And what about paying 4 chaos at the bench to + life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info