[1.2.3] Hack's Dual Cybil's Blazer (100K+ Incinerate DPS + Pen, 1K life gain/sec)

Updated (9/30/14):
- Reached Level 91
- New Gear
- New Stats
- Tweaked Guide

Introduction

The core of this build is designed around dual wielding Cybil's Paw. The idea is that rather than use the more common Cybil/Rathpith to become tanky this build instead works by stacking the life gain on spell hit and the 6% spell damage/5% block to double the synergies between cast speed/life gain and block/spell damage. In addition to this the build can take advantage of Three Dragons, which is similar to the Season 2 Episode 5 Build of the Week. However, the major difference is that now this is done in combination with the unique ring Pyre to convert all cold damage from Herald of Ice and the Added Cold Damage gem into fire damage. This increases the scale of the fire damage not only increasing the raw DPS, but also allowing this 3D Incinerate setup to shock stack even bosses, which wasn't possible when the 3D Incinerate Witch build was showcased.

Pros and Cons

Pros
- Can shotgun 1000+ life gain/sec on a single target and thousands on packs of mobs.
- No need for a Life Leech gem saving the socket and avoiding the higher cost multiplier.
- Can out heal Corrupted Blood
- Immune to reflect.
- Extremely cheap to start.
- Benefits highly from corrupted mods.
- Lots of end-game variants.
- High Potential DPS.
- Can do all maps

Cons
- Lightning Thorns (Always target the mages first.)
- Non-unique gear needs to be decent to cover life, resists, armour, and mana for end-game.

Leveling

Probably one of the greatest things about this build is that not only is it fully functional as early as Level 37 (Cybil's level req.), but even with just a 4-link you can just melt everything all the way into maps with no problems.

The updated Shadow start is great for starting with Fire Trap and Searing Bond until you are ready to switch over to Cybil's and Incinerate. Get a quality Incinerate as early as you can so that it is not under leveled.

The beginning of Merciless can be sketchy as the content ramps up making your character more prone to stun/interrupts especially before you get Iron Reflexes. To combat this start using an Added Cold Damage gem preferably with some quality and get the inner Cold/Freeze ring at the top of the Witch tree. (Keep leveling the Added Cold gem you will want it later.)

This in combination with Herald of Ice will perma-freeze/shatter/AoE everything except Bosses making it much easier and safer. You'll repec that cluster for Static Blows once you are less squishy and swap to Three Dragons.

Eventually, using quest respec points and maybe some regrets you'll re-route from the top witch area to going through the scion energy wheel in the middle (see Current Build) to increase energy shield once you have the gear to transition to going Mind Over Matter.

1. Level Master Elreon
2. Buy Elreon modded ring/amulet with -x mana cost
3. ????
4. Profit

Bandits

Normal - Help Oak (40HP)
Cruel - Help Alira (4% Cast Speed)
Merciless - Help Oak (Endurance Charge) *Preferable for Atziri farming otherwise Skill Point

Current Gear

Gear Notes

These are necessary for end-game as you can't afford to be stunned and lose Incinerate stacks nor can you really afford to travel to get the keystone.

This is an example of the big benefits from corruption mods. In addition to the Dual-wield block chance one can also get 1% Fire Damage Leech and Culling all of which are good. Now it is important to understand that the 2x 6% spell damage/5% block is literal. It will not add spell damage for the increments smaller than 5, i.e. 35% block and 39% block both will give 42% spell damage.

Great for the build, cheap, and again has excellent options for corrupted mods, including 1% Fire Damage Leech, %block, %spell block, %Damage taken gained as mana, +1 max res, and +1 curses on enemies.

Not only can this eventually take you to max block and high spell block, but it also gives a huge DPS boost from the spell damage block conversion from Cybil's. Make sure to get a +35%block and 18%+ spell block roll to maximize its utility. One note to add is that neither conversions from Lashwar nor Cybil's will take block over the 75% into account. This means with a 35% Rumi's the soft cap on block for your character will be 40%. After that the effect of Rumi's will be diminished. The spell block added is still crucial IMO.

Nothing novel here as other incinerate and non-ignite based builds use this item for the extra damage from shocks. Not necessary for solo play, but amazing for group play. Before 1.2 I wasn't going to use 3D, but with the new shock duration nodes it is much easier to shock high life rares and bosses plus the penalty of no life now has been mitigated some by the higher base life from levels. (Helps to have 2 or more of these helms with different colors for different aura setups.)

Again, not a novel item for Fire and Three Dragons builds, but does provide a new synergy for Incinerate. When used in conjunction with Added Cold Damage, Herald of Ice, and Fire Penetration the cold conversation allows the build to scale the base fire hit on Incinerate by a lot, which in of itself is a big DPS increase, but more importantly the bigger hit means being able to shock even exceptionally high life bosses. If that wasn't enough this actually aids in play through fast clears and rapid chain stunning from shocks.

Gems

Incinerate 4L (leveling): Incinerate + LMP + Faster Casting/Echo + Added Cold Damage
Incinerate 5L (3 Dragons/MoM): Incinerate + LMP/GMP + Echo + Fire Pen + Added Cold Damage/Mana Leech*
(Arctic Armour or Elemental Weakness in 6th socket if possible.)
Incinerate 6L: + Faster Casting

*(Mana Leech is for tanking bosses, dangerous maps, and 50%/No regen maps.)

3L Claw #1: Whirling Blades (lvl 1) + Faster Attacks + Flicker Strike/Arctic Armour
3L Claw #2: Elemental Weakness/Arctic Armour + CWDT (lvl 1) + Enduring Cry

4L Helm (Non-MoM/leveling): Herald of Ice + Grace + Clarity + Reduced Mana
4L Helm (MoM): Herald of ice + Clarity + Discipline/Elements* + Reduced Mana
*(Purity of Elements for Elemental Weakness maps)

4L Gloves: CWDT (lvl 12) + Immortal Call (lvl 12) + Increased Duration + Enfeeble

Current Stats

LMP Incinerate w/o Flasks

LMP Incinerate w/ Flasks

Defense w/o Flasks

Defense w/ Flasks

Atziri

For starters neither the Trio nor Atziri can be shocked so it is preferable to have a decent ES or ES hybrid helm with high life and good resists to substitute in for Three Dragons. Additionally, it isn't a bad idea to respec the static blows cluster for the Ash, Frost, and Storm cluster for 40% elemental damage, more %life, or for whatever is needed if repeatedly farming Atziri.

First Fight - Double Vaal
Easiest of the three boss fights and is the most straight forward. All you need is to bring 1-2 Topaz Flask with Dispels Shocks in order to face tank the Ball Lightning spam. As the the bosses rise out of the ground pick one and begin channeling Incinerate. As the fight starts the boss will usually spawn adds and then submerge and this is a free window to burn the 1st Vaal down to almost dead (Don't kill it). Switch to the 2nd Vaal avoiding the traditional smash and laser when necessary and kill it. The remaining Vaal will go berserk, but you should be able to quickly finish it off.

Second Fight - The Trio
This is the hardest of the three boss fights. Make sure to have Rumi's, a Granite of Warding, 2x Life Flasks with Staunching, and 1x Hybrid with high mana return. You will also need to replace gems in the R-R-B Cybil's to be Echo + Enduring Cry + Vaal Immortal Call or Decoy Totem (I didn't use Vaal IC nor Decoy, but still good to have). Using a Kaom's Sign ring is also advisable especially if you didn't take the Endurance Charge from bandits. The fire boss is closest to the South corner, the spine-rain boss will be in the middle, and the cycloner will be near the North corner. When entering the room move down to the South corner and this will let you aggro just the fire and spine-rain bosses. Using manual Enduring Cry and Rumi's you can easily burn down the fire boss (save the granite with warding), but make sure to kill him as deep in the corner as possible to keep his blood pool out of the way. Next try to pull the spine-rain boss closer to where you entered or towards the Southwest edge and burn her down in similar fashion. If done right you can delay aggro on the cycloner, but it isn't a big deal. The main point is to have clear space to stand outside of blood pools on one side of the room. Once it is just the cycloner who is left he will enrage and adds will spawn. This is when you'll need your staunching and warding flasks to keep the damage low while you burn down the last boss.

An alternative strategy is to kill the cycloner second leaving the spine-rain boss to enrage. Same strategy applies only take the cycloner to the northern corner like you in the South with the fire boss. Then use warding flasks to keep vunerability off and avoid standing spine-rain. This fight mostly boils down to a DPS check for builds that don't have 10sec+ duration on Immortal Call.

Final Fight - Atziri
This fight is all about pattern and scripted moves Atziri uses. You'll want to have at least one Topaz with dispels shock and 1-2 Ruby Flasks with warding. Here because Atziri has no dangerous physical moves you can swap in Rainbowstrides if you have them and use a lvl 1 CWDT + Firestorm + Increased Duration + Conc. Effect to have added life gain through Cybil's when avoiding the big damage attacks. Similarly you can swap the gems in gloves and the RRB Cybil's for a lvl 1 CWDT + Firestorm + Increased Duration setups.

In her single form prioritize avoiding the overlapping flame blasts and storm calls. In her shield form just channel Incinerate to cover her body and none of the zombies will reach her. In her split form prioritize avoiding overlapping storm call/flameblast again, but you should be able to Ruby through just a flame blast. DPS either the one with a spear or the one with fire in her hands. Rinse and repeat till she is dead. The fight is just like Vaal in that once you understand the pattern and what to avoid it isn't that difficult.

Notes: Having movement skills optimally setup is a must for basically all of these fights. Also, completing Atziri efficiently is going to be centered around cast speed and casts per second of Incinerate. The faster Incinerate ramps up the less the in-n-out fights with these bosses will hurt your DPS.

Summary

For a build that is cheap, easy to start, and functional at low level it grows up to be a very versatile and flexible hybrid tank that still has exceptional clear speeds and DPS. Everything from the immunity to reflect through AA to the adjustable setup of Incinerate allows this build to function in effectively any map mod and even exotic combinations like Reflect plus Blood Magic or No regen are possible through AA toggling. While the build is great for soloing it also brings utility through wide-area chain shocking in groups and can do far more than simply pulling its weight in damage.
Last edited by Hackusations on Sep 30, 2014, 7:59:43 PM
Nice.
Gonna try this as I have all the necessary pieces, as well as life/resist rares.
ty for the effort
Progress Update.
Would you say this is hardcore viable?
"
Module wrote:
Would you say this is hardcore viable?

Most certainly.

You will definitely want to go with the freezing Incinerate I suggested in the leveling section as it plays extremely safe and I would add to that by also suggesting that for hardcore you level an auxiliary skill like Fireball, Freeze Pulse, or Ice Spear to swap in for a standard hit and run tactic against bosses and encounters where you won't be able to Freeze the target.
Last edited by Hackusations on Sep 5, 2014, 10:34:12 AM
I think I have most of these uniques laying around somewhere and I've been wanting to try Incinerate so I think I'll give it a go! Big plus is the early level you can start pulling it off, I think. One of the few things I dislike about this game is a lot of builds require MANY levels as something else entirely before you can pull off what you wanted to do.

So far, I'm at the end of A2N, and Incinerate is a fun skill to level with if not thirsty as all hell.

I see that you don't use the usual lightning warp setup; how do you find boss repositioning and all that jazz? The ramp up time not too much of a concern?
Last edited by JoeODanger on Sep 6, 2014, 8:55:10 PM
Just one question if i want to add RF into this using rise of the phoenix instead of dual cybils how would i do that? if i can at all
North America, Favorite food Chicken and Pineapple pizza, favorite color orange
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
JoeODanger wrote:
I see that you don't use the usual lightning warp setup; how do you find boss repositioning and all that jazz? The ramp up time not too much of a concern?

I still have Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks. The build gets 15% innate attack speed for dual-wielding, hybrid cast/attack speed nodes, the duelist notable dex/attack speed node, and the attack speed from haste while using an average speed claw and so it is just as fast at positioning. You lose the ability to jump gaps/walls and there will be desync when you catch corners and objects at bad angles, but you gain something almost invaluable IMO and that is it works even when you are silenced.

Lightning Warp on the other hand takes 3 sockets to be effective, which makes problems for fitting AA in and keeping enfeeble and ele weakness. Also it is not nearly as good as in other builds because the base duration is determined by the time it would have taken for the character to run to the spot they are teleporting to, which in this case isn't very fast because Kaom's Roots has no movement speed.

"
Just one question if i want to add RF into this using rise of the phoenix instead of dual cybils how would i do that? if i can at all

Well, the core of this build is designed around stacking the life gain and spell damage/block affixes by dual-wielding the claws. If you are going to use Rise of the Phoenix and run RF then you'll want to follow a 1.2 RF Caster guide because there are specific requirements to even run RF in the first place that my build doesn't even go near. Doing a Cybil's RF Incinerate certainly works and has been done before, but it's probably better to start as Templar and instead of dual-block you'll likely want to focus on getting fire leech on neck and paw.
Guess ill ask because the build DOES look and sound fun.

How does it do in higher end maps/aztiri? Doesnt have to be the uber best at it, but whats the general results you've gotten?

overall great guide ^^
Nevermind, tree loaded wrong or I hit something on it :)
Last edited by JoeODanger on Sep 7, 2014, 2:00:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info