[Build of the week S4E8] Havrd's Burning Arrow Marauder [Bloodlines][1.3]

Having an additional arrow does not make you throw an extra trap if that is what you meant. So on normal BA trap it does nothing afaik.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
So, how is everyone doing in the new leagues? I'm having a bit of trouble levelling since I have no prolif yet. Spent most my currency on a Death's Harp which allowed me to switch from melee (molten strike) to ranged but DPS not that high yet. I'm lvl43 in bloodlines with just under 800 DPS on BA. The added arrow from the harp gives me some much needed AoE but still it's quite a struggle in a new league with no currency. Prolly should have used searing bond and incinerate to level. Hope I will survive to the point where I can use traps and buy a Chin Sol.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I have died twice :D

Leveled with BA + HoA
Once at Rank 200-ish the first night at level 48 (killed by +3 blue pack strongbox)

Leveled with Molten Strike 2H Mace
And Last night farming fellshrine at level 60, me and a friend decided to to a vagan quest, and i got scared and used all my pots and ripped because i thought i could tank him without Granite up :D

Sad thing is that i have a chin sol, mokous and Q% gems waiting for me.....

Im currently busy until Thursday, so ill have to level up again then :V
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
Oh well, levelling gets easier every time as you get more gear.
How did you get a Chin Sol already? Drop or were you able to buy it?
Prices are still insane in bloodlines. I haven't been able to spend as much time levelling as I wanted to due to work and having 3 kids but 3 more days left of work this year so I can make some progress soon :)

I was still wondering though... is rearguard really the best quiver for this? Obviously in terms of survivability it's unmatched but I think the additional arrow you rolled on it previously does nothing for this build right since it does not throw an extra trap.

This is also the first time I ever user multiple aura's. I always thought the insane mana reservation would make it impossible to use skills but I'm running with HoA and Anger and even with a tiny bit of mana I can use BA. Since I got a reduced mana gem it's even going a lot easier.

I still think levelling this build can be quite tough and will put people off but I am still confident that once you get a Chin Sol it will actually start shining. At least I have all the minor nodes done towards point blank. For now I still have the +15 all resist node at marauder starting area and I really need it because in cruel my resists are around 50/60 and I already almost ripped to that big goatman dude that casts storm call really quickly.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Oh well, levelling gets easier every time as you get more gear.
How did you get a Chin Sol already? Drop or were you able to buy it?
Prices are still insane in bloodlines. I haven't been able to spend as much time levelling as I wanted to due to work and having 3 kids but 3 more days left of work this year so I can make some progress soon :)

I was still wondering though... is rearguard really the best quiver for this? Obviously in terms of survivability it's unmatched but I think the additional arrow you rolled on it previously does nothing for this build right since it does not throw an extra trap.

This is also the first time I ever user multiple aura's. I always thought the insane mana reservation would make it impossible to use skills but I'm running with HoA and Anger and even with a tiny bit of mana I can use BA. Since I got a reduced mana gem it's even going a lot easier.

I still think levelling this build can be quite tough and will put people off but I am still confident that once you get a Chin Sol it will actually start shining. At least I have all the minor nodes done towards point blank. For now I still have the +15 all resist node at marauder starting area and I really need it because in cruel my resists are around 50/60 and I already almost ripped to that big goatman dude that casts storm call really quickly.

I have explained about the +1 arrow in a post earlier, i can explain it again.
It does add one more arrow in the trap itself, so if youre not at 100% chance to ignite / running a curse immune map / don't have time to curse.
You have 2 arrows that can roll a burn. That makes it MUCH less likely that the trap you throw will be a "dud" ie. won't ignite.

But the MAIN reason for +1 arrow is VAAL Burning arrow, Vaal burning arrow is the single most broken prolif skill in the game.

Just with WED and the gem itself it has 9K Firedamage in AOE. This is before adding the multipliers of the Trap gem, PointBlank and the chin sol 100% more damage at close range bonus.

So having 1 trap fire TWO of those badboys will basically 1shot any BOSS in the game, not even counting the burn itself.

I hope that explained the reasoning for having +1 arrow quiver.
if you look on page 12 or 13 i explained this before.

Regarding your question though, "what other quiver".
Rare quiver with alot of HP, WED, Flat fire damage and Resistances is really nice to get capped at the start of a league.
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
Well I tested on my ranger on standard which was using puncture trap so I switched my chin sol for a deaths harp to get an additional arrow as well but I don't see the additional arrow and I really wonder if this actually works. Since you link the skill to a trap it no longer fires an arrow so "additional" arrow doesn't work anymore. Maybe I misunderstand but looking at the mechanics I would say it does not add anything but poe can always surprise us.

Levelling is still slow and I have decided to change course until I get a chin sol and can use it. I will start using a flame totem for levelling and even get ancestral bond for dual totem (my main build from last league reached lvl89). It will benefit from most of the fire damage and elemental nodes (not lava lash ofc.) and it will be much faster I think than levelling with BA. Levelling has been frustrating from time to time (lvl 49 now). Still think it will work and it will be fun but man this is one of the worst builds to level (in a fresh league at least)
You are mistaken, the trap does fire arrows.

additional arrow on quiver/bow makes the trap fire an additional arrow.

If you watch my gameplay footage in the guide you will probably see the additional arrow sometimes.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
So, how is everyone doing in the new leagues? I'm having a bit of trouble levelling since I have no prolif yet. Spent most my currency on a Death's Harp which allowed me to switch from melee (molten strike) to ranged but DPS not that high yet. I'm lvl43 in bloodlines with just under 800 DPS on BA. The added arrow from the harp gives me some much needed AoE but still it's quite a struggle in a new league with no currency. Prolly should have used searing bond and incinerate to level. Hope I will survive to the point where I can use traps and buy a Chin Sol.

Level 59 and I have a Chin Sol ready to go. With a bit of help I got to Merciless Fellshire Ruins today. I died once in the new league but not with this build so far. I had some dps issues here and there mostly due to crap items. I got Moku's Embrace and Pyre as soon as I could afford them which helped a lot. I haven't been using trap yet because I don't have the right slots. Build seems plenty tanky. I started with all the armor nodes near the resists but I am slowly getting rid of those on my way to Iron Reflexes and Point Blank. Get blood magic on Molten Armor and Flamability as soon as possible. I still need to link faster casting to those. Leapers have been a problem for me but Molten Armor and a granite flask helps a lot if you see it coming. The crit resist passive probably saved me a few times when I wasn't paying attention. Don't skip that node.
What did you guys pay for the Chin Sol? I think they are still overprized because the league is so young.

I ripped at lvl49 with my deaths harp during a vorici mission that apparently had reflect adds... launched my vaal burning arrows at the adds and immediately the resurrect pop up was there.

Started again and levelled faster with the Geofri's Baptism that I found with molten strike.
Now I took the ancestral bond node and the blood magic keystone with Flame Totem and levelling has become a breeze now. With a 4L this does great damage and since we take a lot of defensive marauder nodes I'm quite tanky. Only using a simple blue wand with 42% spell damage and 12% cast speed on it that I found and a spirit shield that rolled well (alch). Lvl45 again and steam rolling through cruel. This should get me to lvl62 without much problems (RIP's not included). In the end it will only take about 5 or 6 respec points to switch to the BA trap build so no sweat there either.

I can really recommend everyone that is going for this build to work towards ancestral bond and use dual totems while levelling. It's safe and doing so much more DPS than using BA for levelling.
You can also try Static Strike for early leveling. The start of the BA tree is pretty much identical to the start of an elemental Static Strike tree. Just spec left to Resolute Technique, then up into the Templar elemental and AOE nodes. Couple temporary melee phys nodes and you're good to go. I ran it in Torment but it was pretty safe and quick - about half a day to hit 62 for Chin Sol as my first character of the league, with one random death from Magnus in a strongbox.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info