1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Hi i was very impressive with this build and decided to follow this. It works very well as i feel that this is one of the most perfect build to clear maps as well as run atziri. I only get a problem which is about the atziri run. Well, i usually get trouble when facing to dual Vaal boss as I cannot kill the first boss fast enough, then the second boss releases the lightning ball that blow me in one hit. Killing the two bosses for dying once or twice, i face the tri bosses without any difficulty. But the atziri is a real trouble as i'm k.o for just one flameblast. Here is my gear and skill. Can u guys give me some advices about the gears, skill stree and gem setup for running atziri without dying ? Should i replace the crit-chance argate amulet with amulets providing light and fire res? My res is just about 50% as going for an full-unique setup make it imposible to reach the maximum res, and i cant afford to get a voll's devotion yet ( ~40 ex in rampage ).
p/s: i'm 85 now

Spoiler

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSi3BWn1P7IGwEZ_vljo4oj9k2SjX0wfFFHJP3nVJUF2cYylH8CpuCNvwW11CMwcd2oS3g6QsLsKluCXlLstMVirGyMnao2PeOEdoK00cgMDkhd8nDVidNwUioL8-q1SAYjH0EDHha_aoz1b8gUotmw2CaVYeJVS4w22-dwUXZvfrDYVH8r1op31znUb_Kgn1b6Z6D8xYd2Sn3dDVuvLOnajavSJT8VICpNPydKyG6qtfI1kti9qW4qOCF2hs7BMw==
Last edited by vandon92 on Oct 15, 2014, 6:00:17 AM
i new to this game and were fascinated by builds players created. this build is very creative. just need to clarify that how does Trap work with Puncture? At first i thought the Trap gem is to support trap-type gems. So is it that Trap able change the Puncture skill into a trap-type skill? and so what are the examples of other skill gem that can work with Trap? i don't quite understand the self description on the Trap gem.
"
Fokzy wrote:

Even with my build, I have issue with some elemental reflect, use trap to kill him, then shot the pack :)

Easier said than done. My arrows tend to clear half a map if i dont fire onto mobs with walls behind them. VERY easy to get reflected to death without ever seeing it coming. But i guess ill just have to play more careful then ^^
IGN: Kaptajnklo
"
AronChan wrote:
"
Fokzy wrote:

Even with my build, I have issue with some elemental reflect, use trap to kill him, then shot the pack :)

Easier said than done. My arrows tend to clear half a map if i dont fire onto mobs with walls behind them. VERY easy to get reflected to death without ever seeing it coming. But i guess ill just have to play more careful then ^^

Are you using a harbinger bow?

"
AronChan wrote:
"
Fokzy wrote:

Yeah Ofc, this happen often to me, when I figure my life goes down for no reason, I play carefully, coz I know a reflect is close

Just made Atziri Kill video with the build if someone is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTSZETX0E2Q
Last edited by Fokzy on Oct 15, 2014, 12:10:29 PM
Can someone explain how the Three Dragons Golden Mask's igniting works? Is it based off of my crit chance?
"
Urosmies wrote:
Can someone explain how the Three Dragons Golden Mask's igniting works? Is it based off of my crit chance?

Ignite works the same with Three Dragons as with any ignite EXCEPT that it's based off of cold critical damage rather than fire damage. Because you are also using Herald of Ash, you can ignite after killing an enemy which will proliferate as well.

Since ignite has no form of "chill" that cold damage has, a basic non-crit attack will not ignite a target AFAIK.
Last edited by theslap on Oct 15, 2014, 5:31:12 PM
I'm at level 84 now with this build and it is working great and so much fun. The synergies with the gems and gear are beautiful, complex and subtle. I actually feel pretty safe with the shock effect from 3 dragons helm and Herald of Ash combo. After shooting ice shot on a pack, the mobs all around the screen are stunned, if they havent been ignited thanks to the fire from herald of ash to shock conversion because of the helm. Often I will travel to the next screen and find other packs that died, as a result of getting hit by a piercing arrow and ignite plus elemental profileration.

The puncture from the trap on the bow is so powerful and easy to use. I just throw a few traps at a phys/ele reflect mob and they drop like a rock with all that damage from the Chin Sol. Also, the knockback on Chin Sol can't be underestimated, pushing mobs away with double damage. Very safe. I highly recommend the build.

Question: What gems should I add quality to? I dont have many gcp's so I want them to count. Would Ele Prolif be the first priority for qual?

thanks for this great build.

TrixxsyBangBang
84 Rampage Ranger

Last edited by Trixxsylynn on Oct 16, 2014, 11:35:40 AM
"
Fokzy wrote:
"
AronChan wrote:
"
Fokzy wrote:

Yeah Ofc, this happen often to me, when I figure my life goes down for no reason, I play carefully, coz I know a reflect is close

Just made Atziri Kill video with the build if someone is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTSZETX0E2Q

Can you post your skill tree you are using for this build? I have all the gear and wanted to see how ours compared.
Hey guys!

I just wanted to post some Beyond experience here. I'm currently lvl 81 in Beyond and so far this build has been great to me. Yes, it's squishy but as long as you're not stupid, have the correct flasks/equips, and learn how to keep your distance, you'll be fine. Reflect was only a problem a handful of times when I got a very powerful crit in a MASSIVE area of mobs but nothing too problematic. Always try to get the most HP as possible. Here's my gear.

My next step is to 5-link the belly and then to get Le Heup/Drillneck/tri-res rustic sash with +ele damage and life (instead of doryani's). Atziri's step can wait for now since I believe the 4 gems I'm using in my boots could be vital in certain situations and getting 4 red sockets in Atziri's Step is very challenging. The reason why I'm not using Frost Wall is because, since I'm in beyond, every second of immunity towards physical damage is vital (hence immortal call and increased duration), and Voll's Devotion is EXTREMELY rare so I can't take out enduring cry.

Here's my tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4FtQYjDkgVIBa_H0EhdiLiI_Yk_SaVKgsqOCpNKlss6TBxMHwxnjH6NZI2PTnUOkI64T8nQzZH4kp9SshLV0t4TZJN41FHUUxS7FVLVvpbr13yYeJirGegaoxsjG6qb55wUnDVdoJ293cHd9d59n1bfyuGzocTh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5yknaqgn6LZpDmmV6lurEew2LTFtNG1SLXywOPBM8LsyBTKStCB1CPWiti93Q3dqOOE51Txs_JF8-r1b_zF_gr-j__e

If you have any questions lmk!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info