1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

It is quite difficult to reach the cap 75% resistance at all.
The maligaro gloves do not help, neither the boots Atziri

My opinion, replace them with life and resistant to all. Boots 30% movement, of course.
The build has very good dps without these items.

My different gear (boots, glove and chest)

Spoiler

without +8% res@ (Kraityn), my resistence are 68/75/75

My Le heup is +10% res@, I can improve it a divine orb ... I'm thinking about

Spoiler
Last edited by ILAYAS on Sep 9, 2014, 6:19:28 AM
Hi, have anyone tried Uber Atziri yet ? I can do normal Atziri easily but Uber is so scary x_x
So I am running this build now and it is loads of fun. Few questions though.

In two of your maps, Shipyard and Palace, dated the 5th you are using Temporal Chains. While on the other maps dated the 4th you are using Assassin's Mark. Did you decide to change this up? Or just testing it out? I am currently using Temporal Chains due to the color's I rolled. Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

As for color's rolled. How many Chroms did it take to get RRRB on a pure evasion item?

Thanks for sharing this build.
Your best bet for getting RRRB is on maligaro's gloves because of the low dex and level requirement. It's still super hard though will take hundreds of chrome, I settled for RRRG and put a smoke mine instead of frost wall.

On the three dragons I settled for BBRG and put in temporal chains instead of increased AOE. Saved me currency plus temporal chains is a good curse to cast when trying to get position on bosses before you throw traps
Last edited by link1313 on Sep 9, 2014, 2:12:23 PM
I will try on the gloves then, thanks for the tip. I was doing it on Atziri's Step, ended up with RRBG and I called it good.

Though I am still interested on his use of Temporal Chains on the video's He was using it for the whole map. I know it makes the burning last longer, but is that better than crit chance from power charges?
I am absolutely in love with this build. I respec'd into it from my Voltaxic/LA/Frenzy build. I am having a ton of fun with it. It is by far the most fragile character I have had in this game....but gawwwd that power. It is so much fun to take out bosses that I used to dread. I find myself pushing it now just to see how fast I can take out the bosses. I have tried respeccing out of so many nodes and changing the gear but I can't find anything that works better. Main difference I have on my toon is I use a different chest and I use The Taming over Le Heup
Spoiler

I keep trying to find a way to run in between ranger & shadow tree towards Harrier. There are Trap, Crit, Phys Damage, Phys Damage w/bow and Life nodes along that path. I can not figure out a way to make it work though. I'm just not sure what to take out to get to it.

Also another thought I had and was curious what others thought about it. I really only use Punture Trap on bosses and the occasional reflect mob or exile. If the main reason we are using Chin Sol is because of the trap (which I believe is not affected by Drillneck) Maybe have Chin Sol & Crit/Crit Multi Quiver on the second weapon slot? Use a higher crit/phys damage bow & Drillneck for your basic clearing. Switch to Chin Sol when you come to a boss fight. I know this would require 2 sets of gems but may be worth it.

When do we get a video of an Uber run ??? =)
First guide i am actually enjoying, fairly new to the game and so far this is the first build i feel like grinding and getting to higher levels, level 72 is my current max :P
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
I am absolutely in love with this build. I respec'd into it from my Voltaxic/LA/Frenzy build. I am having a ton of fun with it. It is by far the most fragile character I have had in this game....but gawwwd that power. It is so much fun to take out bosses that I used to dread. I find myself pushing it now just to see how fast I can take out the bosses. I have tried respeccing out of so many nodes and changing the gear but I can't find anything that works better. Main difference I have on my toon is I use a different chest and I use The Taming over Le Heup
Spoiler

I keep trying to find a way to run in between ranger & shadow tree towards Harrier. There are Trap, Crit, Phys Damage, Phys Damage w/bow and Life nodes along that path. I can not figure out a way to make it work though. I'm just not sure what to take out to get to it.

Also another thought I had and was curious what others thought about it. I really only use Punture Trap on bosses and the occasional reflect mob or exile. If the main reason we are using Chin Sol is because of the trap (which I believe is not affected by Drillneck) Maybe have Chin Sol & Crit/Crit Multi Quiver on the second weapon slot? Use a higher crit/phys damage bow & Drillneck for your basic clearing. Switch to Chin Sol when you come to a boss fight. I know this would require 2 sets of gems but may be worth it.

When do we get a video of an Uber run ??? =)

Personally I don't think the taming will be great with this build.

I believe Puncture Trap DOES work with Drillneck, the same as it works with Chin Sol. You have 100% 50% pierce chance on your puncture trap though, so only 50% projectile damage from Drillneck.
hey OP,

I took your build and someone's GMP Tornado Shot build and merged them together. I removed Ice Shot from your build and replaced it with GMP Tornado Shot. I took out Three Dragons and added Rat's Nest. Pretty fun, best of both worlds. :D

Last edited by _StoneWall_ on Sep 9, 2014, 9:27:51 PM
can someone with voll's devotion try the following:

replace voll's/romira's with a rare amulet/rings with life, etc:

Do you feel like survivability decreases/increases? how important is the voll's/romira's combo? does it really provide 15+ ex of a benefit vs rare jewellery in your opinion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info