1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

"
DRASTICK wrote:
Been using a lot of this build with my ranger! Love it so far. level 89 clearing 78 maps no problem.

I use a little bit of a different gem set up, instead of proliferate on ice shot, I'm using proliferate on herald of ash (along with increased area of effect and increased burning damage). Downside to using a HoA all linked up is a lot of mana reserve...aka no hatred. Might try playing around with the gems and see whats better.

Why do you have proliferate on both ice shot and herald of ash? Am I missing something here?

Wondering if I should switch up the starting area. Go for the attack speed path and free up 4 points for sacrificing life, then use those 4 points for the physical damage in the other starting area. Really don't want to become too much of a glass cannon though, 4k life is sketchy sometimes.

Proliferate on the ice shot will spread shock as well as ignite (thanks to 3D, if you didn't use 3D, it will spread Freeze + Ignite).

With regards to the respec, I would just go straight for the damage path. Speed is not an issue as Ice Shot works like a 1-shot kill, while puncture trap gets no benefit from speed at all.
"
I'm basing on rampage prices, but to get this build to start you only really need chin sol and 3 dragons.

Chin sol, about 5c
Belly, can get an average HP/res one for <10c
3Dragons will cost <10c
Atziris step is about 5-10c
Maligaro's will cost 20c to 1ex

Drillneck will make your damage obscene, it really has the perfect allotment of stats, but you are looking at 6+ exalts.

My advice? Get a well rolled chin sol (170%+ phys damage) and 3D, then 6s and try to link the chin sol. You can do the job with a 4L, but 5 is so much better. The rest of the gear can be rares, and you should be fine to later maps and Atziri with that.

Good tips. Thx
"

Proliferate on the ice shot will spread shock as well as ignite (thanks to 3D, if you didn't use 3D, it will spread Freeze + Ignite).

With regards to the respec, I would just go straight for the damage path. Speed is not an issue as Ice Shot works like a 1-shot kill, while puncture trap gets no benefit from speed at all.

Ah, so I'm missing out on shock proliferation by not using a second proliferate in my ice arrow? Good thing I've been leveling up a second prolif for when my main hits 20.
Last edited by DRASTICK on Sep 8, 2014, 11:36:13 AM
can you add bandit list? unless im blind i dont see 1 and am currently dealing with the bandits as we speak...
Why no pierce on trap setup? It adds more paper DPS than crit strikes does, those less than any of the other green gems.
Dude, you are awesome. Honestly, big respect for your work. My very first successful build in PoE was a copy of your "[PoE] Merciless Dominus - CoC EK Dagger Ranger (Proof of Concept)" from that same-named youtube video. You did not have a build guide for it, but the few posted vids were impressive and told me enough to create my copy. Well, not using those daggers or even EK anymore, but different story...

And this build: Wow! Had a Crit SA Ranger on standby which immediatly was converted into this. Rocking like hell at lvl82! I can solo Lvl76 maps with heavy mods. Looking forward to hitting L90 and fighting Atziri. So thank you for posting the video and build guide. Helped me have a ton of fun in this game!
IGN: SQiRRL, GhostCat
"
IpBanner wrote:
can you add bandit list? unless im blind i dont see 1 and am currently dealing with the bandits as we speak...
You can find the bandit choices under "Tree" section.

"Bandits:

Normal: +8% resistances (Kraityn)
Cruel: +18% physical damage (Oak)
Merciless: +1 Endurance charge"
Last edited by Smerte on Sep 8, 2014, 3:03:11 PM
ty i feel like a fool...
Hello Friend:
First congratulate you for this build is very well, and the second thing I wanted to get two questions. How do you get to take the gems 20/20 with the few attributes that we have?.
I explain, Dex 307, 95 Strength and Intelligence 87.
These amounts can not carry 20/20 gems as you wear them you.
And another question how do you get to have all the resistances to 75%?.
On bandits missions I need to fix the 8% to all resistances, now have 55% to all, but even fix it not reach 75% is would be 63%.
I can try to get Purity of Elements but I'll stick with 63 of mana only.
I'll give you my team and passive tree as I have it now, the lvl of my Ranger is 75.

Equip:

Passive Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEDHgW1BiMIiQ5IFr8Z_hsBG-AfQSF2I_Yk_SaVKgsqWzBxMHwx-jKUM3g2PTnUOkJDNkp9S3hNklFHUuxW-luvXWhd8mHiYqxnoGyMb_JwUXBScNVyw3Zvdvd313n2frB_An8rhs6HdonTjX2Nv5ANlQWa8Z2qoJ-hIqJAo4qm4KfUqwuv67TFtUjBM8LsxKLKqcwG1CPWithU2cbb59wV3Q3dqOOE5zrnVPPq9Pj5Y_zF_sj_3g==

Thanks for your reply and we will try to fix these two things.

EDIT:
According to has told me a friend, my problem lies in the difference of attributes of your team with the mine.
Passive tree is fine.As well as improving my team could reaches the stop of attributes and elements.At the moment usare Purity of Elements until you fix the resistances of my team.
Last edited by GuAy_Esp on Sep 8, 2014, 5:50:45 PM
I just completed the gear for the build, decided to go for rare jewellery but everything else is the same as yours. I am absolutely amazed at how well this build is working out!

Last edited by link1313 on Sep 8, 2014, 5:38:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info