[1.3.0 Skill Tree Updated] Rampage | SRS Build | HP | Insane Damage | Atziri Farming | Cheap |

"
volish2k wrote:
"
kotebears wrote:
Quick question

What staff do you need to actually be able to run atziri?

Right now i have a +2 fire staff 5linked.

Is that enough?
or do i need a +3 fire 5linked or 6link?

atziri is taktik as much as dmg out put
whit +2 5l is durable whit some self deaths

managed to stag a 6link

Rarity: Rare
Morbid Pole
Imperial Staff
--------
Staff
Physical Damage: 58-175
Critical Strike Chance: 6.68%
Attacks per Second: 1.00
--------
Requirements:
Level: 69
Str: 113
Dex: 47
Int: 146
--------
Sockets: R-R-B-R-B-B
--------
Itemlevel: 71
--------
12% Chance to Block
--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
4% increased Cold Damage
+5 Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

master crafted 10% increased Cast Speed

but now i can't sustain my srs when using vaal haste i run out of mana.

my gems are
srs + multi strike + melee splash + melee phys + spell echo + minion damamge

any advice?

my rings and amulent are

Behemoth Knuckle

Two-Stone Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 40
--------
Itemlevel: 76
--------
+12% to Fire and Cold Resistances
--------
Adds 4-8 Cold Damage
6% increased Cast Speed
+53 to maximum Mana
44% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+25% to Cold Resistance

Viper Knot
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
--------
Itemlevel: 67
--------
+11% to Chaos Resistance
--------
Adds 2-27 Lightning Damage
6% increased Cast Speed
+52 to maximum Mana
46% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+25 to maximum Energy Shield

Kraken Choker
Gold Amulet
--------
Requirements:
--------
Itemlevel: 69
--------
13% increased Rarity of Items found
--------
+84 to Accuracy Rating
13% increased Cast Speed
+52 to maximum Mana
33% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
12% increased maximum Energy Shield
18% increased Rarity of Items found
Last edited by kotebears on Jan 7, 2015, 7:44:27 PM
You got to use high level Clarity too.
"
meep_42 wrote:

on start, sorry for bad english.
Im use that build and bouth tree is good but i got 1 sugestion u are low armor/evasion and when u make maps 76/78 and atziri with out deaths u need to have very good instant healing 1 quick silver 1 granite {legendary good us fck} and 3 instant heal potions cuz u dont have life leach and sometime u take hit for 75% your total health so u need have good instant heal 50% flask rec from armor + 60% from tree, im die 2 times on 94 lvl after add flask rec on tree now 30+ maps 76-78 ( corrupted im make all options ) 0 deaths.

1 more time sorry for bad english :D
Kotebears,

Ditch minion damage in exchange for either Empower (best choice) or Melee on Full Life. Those are both lower mana multipliers than minion damage and both will produce more damage than that gem. Also, as has already been pointed out, make sure you are running clarity.

Hey, I'm interested in trying out this build. Could someone look at this weapon and tell me if it's viable?

I have several questions. Does the weapon have to have +1+2? Does the physical damage matter?
"
Cragwell wrote:
Kotebears,

Ditch minion damage in exchange for either Empower (best choice) or Melee on Full Life. Those are both lower mana multipliers than minion damage and both will produce more damage than that gem. Also, as has already been pointed out, make sure you are running clarity.

Personally, I prefer 3B3R on my 6L staff to feature an IIR gem when necessary. The blue slot can then be used by Minion Dmg for clearing mobs. Anyway, it's pretty easy to chrome the staff for this build so no big deal.

I wonder how much dps Melee on Full Life can provide? Normally in SRS build, the fourth Red gem option is Added Fire Dmg (the first 3 must be Multistrike, Melee Phys, Empower for boss, Melee Splash for mobs) but your suggestion is interesting indeed. Can you give some math results?

"
grymmd wrote:

Hey, I'm interested in trying out this build. Could someone look at this weapon and tell me if it's viable?

I have several questions. Does the weapon have to have +1+2? Does the physical damage matter?

Add a mana regen mod on that staff and with 5L, it at least can serve you well until atziri. You may need more dps for bosses like trio or Atziri by upgrading to a 6L +1 or 5L +3, though, I'm not sure.

Phys dmg mod does nothing to minion so it's basically trash mod.
Melee Damage on Full Life is equal to Melee Phys in effect when its functioning. The math is the same as they both feature "More" melee damage and not "Increased" melee damage. However, your skulls have to be at full life to get this benefit and that's not always the case.

If you are running Discipline and your skulls are getting some ES it certainly makes it more powerful. Really it comes down to what you are fighting. Mobs that do AoE effects will often neutralize the gem. Its a great boss killing gem in exchange for Melee Splash (presuming the boss doesn't spawn adds of course). If you aren't running Empower and looking for a sixth link, its certainly superior to Minion Damage in my opinion.

Like you, I tend to run IIR as a sixth link for better drops. The damage of Spell Echo, Multistrike, Melee Splash and Melee Phys is more than enough for almost all tasks.

Kotebears was asking how to get better mana efficiency and, as he was running a sixth link for damage, I am presuming he wants to continue doing so. I was pointing out that Minion Damage is a poor return for the 150% mana multiplier and that a good step would be to exchange it.

He could also exchange it for IIR, as you point out, but if he wants increased damage from that gem slot then he is definitely spending more mana for less results than Empower or Melee on Full Life. Empower is the best option for that slot for damage return and Melee on Full Life should only be an exchange gem when you don't want Melee Splash. If you don't have an Empower then Melee on Full Life is the next best choice.

Chroming your staff to get 3B/3R or 2B/4R is cheap, as you also point out, so you can switch it around as often as you like.
Last edited by Cragwell on Jan 9, 2015, 10:02:29 AM
Which is more important? The +1 to socketed gems or +2 to fire gems? Does the +2 element matter?
+1 to Socketed Gems is better if you are running Empower. Without Empower +2 to Fire Gems is better. Reason being that Empower gets upped by one level and thus grants the same net bonus to your SRS Gem. The +1 to Gems also benefits all your other support gems by +2 via Empower.
"
Cragwell wrote:
+1 to Socketed Gems is better if you are running Empower. Without Empower +2 to Fire Gems is better. Reason being that Empower gets upped by one level and thus grants the same net bonus to your SRS Gem. The +1 to Gems also benefits all your other support gems by +2 via Empower.

In general, would it be better to run Empower? If so, which gem would you replace from this guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info