[1.3.0 Skill Tree Updated] Rampage | SRS Build | HP | Insane Damage | Atziri Farming | Cheap |

Wouldn't the vertex helm be extremely strong with this build since we struggle a bit with mana cost and it has decently hi ES?
Is this one of the stronger builds out there?

How does it fare in map content with mediocre gear?
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
Is this one of the stronger builds out there?

How does it fare in map content with mediocre gear?

This is one of the strongest low-cost builds currently and it fares extremely well in map content with mediocre gear. If you like the summoner play style (summoned minions deal damage while you move to avoid attacks) this build is for you.

If you prefer a more active role in dealing damage and like ranged attack I'd recommend a puncture/tornado shot ranger build.
Can someone clear something up pls. Why do ppl charge 4-5 ex more for a staff that has 10-11% cast speed on it?
How big a difference does 10% cast speed make?
In my opinion, 10% extra cast speed is quite trivial and i would rather have extra mana regen to sustain a higher level arctic armour.

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Can someone clear something up pls. Why do ppl charge 4-5 ex more for a staff that has 10-11% cast speed on it?
In my opinion, 10% extra cast speed is quite trivial and i would rather have extra mana regen to sustain a higher level arctic armour.

Cant speak to the exact value of it, 4ex does seem a bit high, but what you want ideally is a staff that has both mana regen and cast speed. Thus a staff with decent cast speed and an open suffix lets you master the other and get both. Certainly adds considerable value
Last edited by reprisals on Sep 29, 2014, 4:41:54 PM
"
reprisals wrote:
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:

Cant speak to the exact value of it, 4ex does seem a bit high, but what you want ideally is a staff that has both mana regen and cast speed. Thus a staff with decent cast speed and an open suffix lets you master the other and get both. Certainly adds considerable value

you did not answer my question. How big or small a difference in terms of damage output does 10% cast speed give u, especially since people seem to charge over-the-hill for the little extra cast speed.
Last edited by Scrapm3tal on Sep 29, 2014, 6:08:47 PM
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
"
reprisals wrote:
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:

you did not answer my question. How big or small a difference in terms of damage output does 10% cast speed give u, especially since people seem to charge over-the-hill for the little extra cast speed.

You can figure this out in theory using MatrixFactor's DPS calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kRUJ-aNAyvQ5lHqYpXEdZDbZu2_8JysiDZnsdbiVpy8/edit#gid=0

It's going to vary based on how much cast speed, minion damage etc you already have. Looks like 10% cast speed bump gives about 8% overall dps in my case. Cast speed also makes you a bit more mobile when need so its not just dps.
Last edited by reprisals on Sep 29, 2014, 11:24:16 PM
Cant speak to the exact value of it, 4ex does seem a bit high, but what you want ideally is a staff that has both mana regen and cast speed. Thus a staff with decent cast speed and an open suffix lets you master the other and get both. Certainly adds considerable value[/quote]

you did not answer my question. How big or small a difference in terms of damage output does 10% cast speed give u, especially since people seem to charge over-the-hill for the little extra cast speed.[/quote]

You can figure this out in theory using MatrixFactor's DPS calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kRUJ-aNAyvQ5lHqYpXEdZDbZu2_8JysiDZnsdbiVpy8/edit#gid=0

It's going to vary based on how much cast speed, minion damage etc you already have. Looks like 10% cast speed bump gives about 8% overall dps in my case. Cast speed also makes you a bit more mobile when need so its not just dps.[/quote]

So little to no difference in the grand scheme of dps then . ty
What masters should i be concentrating on for this build?
"
What masters should i be concentrating on for this build?

Haku and cat

=============

hey guys, what should i prefer first:

- +1gem and +2 fire w/o links and then 5l it or
- +2fire and 6l?

edit: nvm, i wrote a dps cal sheet, so i can check that for myself. visit http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1075243 for more info.
Last edited by Hyron on Sep 30, 2014, 8:10:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info