The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
sighlight wrote:
this build is great but it's expensive when u start buying the endgame bow and 6l chest

PCOC or Faster Attacks? I am confused which is better.

5L is more than enough for the chest.
Endgame bow depends on what you want to settle with and what you consider expensive. This is def a build that uses less than 10ex to gear completely for Atziri (and probably uber if you know how to play).

This is one of this builds that CAN do extremely good with very cheap gear, and grow to insane levels with good gear. I didn't made the build exactly as Mathil did, changed some phys nodes for more life (running 165%/+54 instead of Mathil's 129%/+34, and grabbing Profane Chemistry). The damage is so insane that you can go more defensively and still have insane clear speeds.

AS for PCOC vs Faster Attacks, IMO PCOC is better.
Last edited by daemmon on Nov 25, 2014, 9:24:07 PM
"
daemmon wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:
this build is great but it's expensive when u start buying the endgame bow and 6l chest

Endgame bow depends on what you want to settle with and what you consider expensive. This is def a build that uses less than 10ex to gear completely for Atziri (and probably uber if you know how to play).

This is one of this builds that CAN do extremely good with very cheap gear, and grow to insane levels with good gear. I didn't made the build exactly as Mathil did, changed some phys nodes for more life (running 165%/+54 instead of Mathil's 129%/+34, and grabbing Profane Chemistry). The damage is so insane that you can go more defensively and still have insane clear speeds.

10ex? a 300 pdps 6l bow alone will cost 10 ex or more. Then the jews and 5l chest will cost ya at least 3 ex. Some kids don't got that much. But then again neversink and mathil did it with shit gear so it's not really too tough. amazing build and yeha pcoc is way better than faster attacks.

if they nerf builds like this, it's fucking bullshit.
Last edited by sighlight on Nov 27, 2014, 9:10:04 AM
"
sighlight wrote:
"
daemmon wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

10ex? a 300 pdps 6l bow alone will cost 10 ex or more. Then the jews and 5l chest will cost ya at least 3 ex. Some kids don't got that much. But then again neversink and mathil did it with shit gear so it's not really too tough. amazing build and yeha pcoc is way better than faster attacks.

if they nerf builds like this, it's fucking bullshit.

When I said 5L chest I actually was referring to Tornado Shot.

5L TS and 4L Puncture is enough to clear very fast. As I said, it can be done VERY cheap and grow with more gear. I leveled to 91 and did tons of Atziri runs with 5L TS and 5L Punc, and as I said, my spec had more points invested on life rather than damage compared to Mathil's.
so basically you did neversink's build without the pierce?
"
sighlight wrote:
so basically you did neversink's build without the pierce?

Yes and no. I grabbed Neversink's build and did a couple of modifications (like no pierce) IIRC this is my planned build at 100.

Then I read Mathil's guide and did other changes.

Neversink doesn't grab aspect of the eagle, plus other stuff. Also, Master Fletcher is something that I planned but didn't used and probably won't be able to grab as I need the +30 int node and may just use the other 2 points from that respec'd node to finish revenge of the hunted.

Vaal Pact is pretty much needed for reflect when going 25-30k+ dmg on TS, else it gets pretty risky.

So yeah, you can see it's a bit of a mix of both Neversink's and Mathil's build.
Last edited by daemmon on Nov 28, 2014, 12:10:15 AM
Last edited by Sambo_ on Nov 30, 2014, 9:14:25 AM
hey there, will you be updating this build when the next patch comes ??
Seems like this build is going to get only a little nerf unless they nerf TS. Acro changes don't affect bow builds lol.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
any update on build with new tree?
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
any update on build with new tree?

IMO it's going to be VERY similar.

There are 2 new options that may be decent:

1) Entering duelist for Art of the Gladiator/Bravery.
2) Going down from King of the Hill to get Bloodletting, as long as Puncture is still viable. Could be a huge buff for single target / bosses.

Rest is the same, only losing some crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info