The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
ZenEnott wrote:
A couple of questions:

1. So, what it the latest on the

TS + ICD + PCcC + GMP + PPAD + Added Fire Damage

or

TS + ICD + PCcC + GMP + PPAD + Pierce

or some other combination I forget is relevant in the "best" discussion?

Obviously can't easily swap between the two, due to socket colors.

There was a discussion on page 33 or so, but it felt unfinished/inconclusive to me.

My personal opinion is that I have no trouble killing regular mobs as it is. And that for killing rares and uniques you would want to have as much extra raw damage as possible. Pierce only helps you crowd control better, but I find TS good enough without it. Hell, even mobs standing behind me die when I fire a TS off. The innate automatic pierce for the initial arrow means I can snipe rares and totems within a large pack with no issues, so it seems a waste to use up a gem slot when it doesn't kill bosses faster.
"
"
ZenEnott wrote:
A couple of questions:

or

There was a discussion on page 33 or so, but it felt unfinished/inconclusive to me.

My personal opinion is that I have no trouble killing regular mobs as it is. And that for killing rares and uniques you would want to have as much extra raw damage as possible. Pierce only helps you crowd control better, but I find TS good enough without it. Hell, even mobs standing behind me die when I fire a TS off. The innate automatic pierce for the initial arrow means I can snipe rares and totems within a large pack with no issues, so it seems a waste to use up a gem slot when it doesn't kill bosses faster.

This is so true, besides puncture is for the Bosses not Tornado
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
FruitBooter wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
13uster wrote:
Hey, I am a little new with rangers. I am making this build in Standard, does it make any difference?

And about the bows. Do you people buy those bows, craft them, or find them?

Doesn't matter what league you play,n my bow i bought in trade bow for mirrored amulet
i belive the only bow better is the mirrored glyph mark

I believe you are wrong sir

Congrats you have a better bow but just a little ;-)
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
delete
Last edited by Brickstain on Dec 6, 2019, 3:19:01 AM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
"
ZenEnott wrote:
A couple of questions:

or

This is so true, besides puncture is for the Bosses not Tornado

I am confused. Your explanation contradicts your conclusion. If you use Puncture for Rares and Uniques anyway - whatever is linked to TS doesn't matter, yet you state that pierce helps crowd control - so that it is preferable over raw power.

That explanation logically leads to Pierce as being linked with TS and Fire Damage to Puncture.

Which is it?

I am confused. Your explanation contradicts your conclusion. If you use Puncture for Rares and Uniques anyway - whatever is linked to TS doesn't matter, yet you state that pierce helps crowd control - so that it is preferable over raw power.

That explanation logically leads to Pierce as being linked with TS and Fire Damage to Puncture.

Which is it?

This is how i have mine linked for the bow i use this

n for puncture i use this
this gives me plenty of raw power to kill mobs n rare's n uniques... puncture i personally use for Bosses like Atziri...
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Nov 9, 2014, 4:41:11 PM
"
FruitBooter wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
13uster wrote:
Hey, I am a little new with rangers. I am making this build in Standard, does it make any difference?

And about the bows. Do you people buy those bows, craft them, or find them?

Doesn't matter what league you play,n my bow i bought in trade bow for mirrored amulet
i belive the only bow better is the mirrored glyph mark

I believe you are wrong sir

Whats the itemlevel of that bow?

I believe you are wrong sir[/quote]

Whats the itemlevel of that bow?[/quote]

it is item lvl 80
Have u guys tried?

+
"
mayanrm wrote:
Have u guys tried?

+