The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

what would your tornado shot 4L be?
Thanks Mathil. I respecced from one Tshot build to yours, and was able to take down atziri. So happy since this is my first time beating her (2nd try).

What would you recommend for 5L ? Is Power Charge on Critical not as good as the supports you chose?
"
kenmai9 wrote:
Thanks Mathil. I respecced from one Tshot build to yours, and was able to take down atziri. So happy since this is my first time beating her (2nd try).

What would you recommend for 5L ? Is Power Charge on Critical not as good as the supports you chose?

I'm using this combo as my 5L for farming trash. When i need dps i switch the Item Rarity for added fire damage. Works like a charm.
Last edited by conradosampaio on Sep 2, 2014, 5:44:40 PM
"
Remnence wrote:

I'm trying this 2nd version of your build, man. As i needed more evasion/life since i don't have the the best gear in the world. So thank you for making a more tankier version, much appreciated.
why do you have grace? you cant have all 3 auras active, maybe instead put herald of ice or ele prolif?
Hey Manthil. I just noticed your tree only has 30 points of int...way by the shadow area, which you don't get for a long time, and no points of str anywhere. How do you have enough stats for your gems? I just added those 30 points with the int on your gear + the 14 points base for a ranger and get 85 int...which doesn't seem high enough for the gems you're using. How do those numbers work out?

That aside, did you grab 30 int/str points while leveling up and then spec out of them later?

Edit: Actually I see 20 points of str in the shadow life nodes now, that's still very low, did you always have to have str/int gear?
Last edited by Warranx on Sep 2, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
"
Warranx wrote:
Hey Manthil. I just noticed your tree only has 30 points of int...way by the shadow area, which you don't get for a long time, and no points of str anywhere. How do you have enough stats for your gems? I just added those 30 points with the int on your gear + the 14 points base for a ranger and get 85 int...which doesn't seem high enough for the gems you're using. How do those numbers work out?

That aside, did you grab 30 int/str points while leveling up and then spec out of them later?

Edit: Actually I see 20 points of str in the shadow life nodes now, that's still very low, did you always have to have str/int gear?

Yeah this build needs str/int from gear. Meginord's belt can cover most if not all of the str needs, and for int you can craft it onto almost any piece of gear or use an amulet with implicit int and int or all attributes mod.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Hi,

saw a ZiggyD video with a very similar build.

He seems to be very "pro pierce" (takes Piercing Shot, Drill Neck etc.) - you seem to ignore that nodes. Is there any reason for that? Pierce sounds great on paper.
"
DancingBunny wrote:
why do you have grace? you cant have all 3 auras active, maybe instead put herald of ice or ele prolif?

I have Grace in there because there are times I drop hatred and put grace on. For example pure reflect ele or phys maps, I'll opt into running Grace.

"
Warranx wrote:

Don't think so, just got it from gear as I needed it. My rings/amulets/belt have always supplemented the str/int I've required and I currently have 1x 30 Int node on the tree aswell. Just do what you gotta do to wear/use everything.

"
return33 wrote:
Hi,

saw a ZiggyD video with a very similar build.

He seems to be very "pro pierce" (takes Piercing Shot, Drill Neck etc.) - you seem to ignore that nodes. Is there any reason for that? Pierce sounds great on paper.

I don't take pierce or use it because it feels quite useless to me. I played with it as my 6th link for quite a while and could hardly feel any difference when removing it. That may be because I have so much damage already that packs explode regardless but I don't feel like it does too much unless you're going the Drillneck route. With a Drillneck, having a lot of pierce should increase your dps but I'm happy with my quiver as it is so I'm not gonna go that way, which isn't to say you shouldn't.

He's playing HC though and has something like half my dps so it seems the builds must be rather different anyway. I imagine if you want to be more defensive you can explore his build more.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Jeez, I love Split Arrow + Chain combo too much. Do you think Tornado Shot + GMP ( or Ice Shot ) performs better ( dps-wise ) mostly or they're pretty much on the same floor?

By the way, nice job as always.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info