The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
valy25031 wrote:
Would Alpha's Howl be good with this build ?

Nothing particularly special, no. It's not awful but it doesn't really pull its weight.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Arkawarrior wrote:
Always wanted to play a bow build... but it didn't seem very appealing with moderate gear... In 1 month HC dropped a rats nest was wondering where should i use it then today i saw this build.. was busy playing beyond.. then ripped at level 72.. (sad face) had a level 86 shadow from ambush just sitting there with a full respec and the build was doable as a shadow so decided to give it a try.. HOLY SHIT this build is freaking awesome... Hardly ever get hit.. running both grace and hatred... no haralds... damage is insane With very mediocre bow... really easy to gear... very cheap and i had a rats nest so that helped... Awesome build.. I encourage everyone to try it out... thanks for sharing.. most fun build i ever played in POE

Thanks for the glowing review, glad you enjoy the spec.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Thanks for sharing, I've been enjoying this build so far.

For anyone who has extra sockets, you can run a combo like this:

Can swap chain for blind for some extra safety.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
I don't even bother with curses, I one shot the whole screen most of the time. I have temp chain in an extra unlinked socket to kite bosses and fast exiles while puncture does it's job.

This is by far the best character I have while the cost is 1/3 of my others and it'll only get better if I invest more.

good quivers and eva chests can get expensive quickly tho, not to mention a really good bow.
Last edited by Remnence on Sep 1, 2014, 1:38:42 PM
"
Sources wrote:
"
Remnence wrote:

Do you feel tanky even in high map/mod areas?

I'm thinking about Grace + Iron Reflexes + Determination as a survival plan, using hybrid armor/eva armor if I can find nice ones. Thoughts?

It's not a massive difference but the flasks are much nicer, with maxed flasks it's the difference of half your health recovered to your entire health pool.

If I was going IR I'd probably rebuild like:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-ubjQgu7YMZjgBe037-un11u-PEov7Ip9TcFc96shkyAZsmBfleRZLz-uu5fIwL7LA2PW1s53To1rVIH0EGIxa_Ax5h4iaVVUtsjJ2qYqxNkiP2o4r5Y4197g5W-nfXSn2Hdmeg_MUlP6vS2o0s6d0NFSCkOdCBR-Ii4hsBGf6Nv1FHpuB_AjKU2caVBcqpXWia8QiJcFIqC_PqcNWJ08Ezhs4hdluv_94k_edUjDbAnOOEpzTh26GkMfp29znUoJ9v8mHrelMV8E4qKaVKyD8nKk19W6xH

as all of the dodge keystones are useless. Hybrid gear would be hard to wear as this build has very little STR, but pure EVA gear with IR is better anyway.

You could remove Reflexes and Sentinel and grab the phys nodes in Shadow if you want to drop tankiness for dmg.
Last edited by Remnence on Sep 1, 2014, 1:47:31 PM
Lightning Coil or a high evasion chest?
Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your leveling experience and everything.
Nice looking build, will try it in beyond and share my experience with it.

Is Lioneye's Glare be worth it as endgame bow or the crit is too low?
Maybe you can spec out of some accuracy nodes even if they are combined with other damage passives most of the time?

Or should we stick with high crit rare bow?
"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
Nice looking build, will try it in beyond and share my experience with it.

Is Lioneye's Glare be worth it as endgame bow or the crit is too low?
Maybe you can spec out of some accuracy nodes even if they are combined with other damage passives most of the time?

Or should we stick with high crit rare bow?

Lioneyes will be a significant dps downgrade from a bow with high crit. I wouldn't bother personally but you can try it and see if it works for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info