The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
kompaniet wrote:
What is best to upgrade first?
Got 2x 4 links.
5l for puncture or 5l for tornado?

Tornado definitely. Puncture pretty much works to capacity off of a 4L while tornado will get better with every link.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Uploading some sort of skill comparison video for split arrow, ice shot and tornado. Should be up in 2-3 hours.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Why is nobody using lightning arrow?
Just curious. I think it is a cool combo with drillneck.
why not take the alira power charge? Also you should really stream, i would enjoy it alot
Last edited by Randenaris on Sep 14, 2014, 4:30:41 PM
"
Mathil wrote:
Uploading some sort of skill comparison video for split arrow, ice shot and tornado. Should be up in 2-3 hours.

Perhaps include lightning arrow too? Regardless i will watch this tomorrow. Sounds interesting.

Found this today. Might give it that 60-79% increased Physical Damage via crafting.

What do you reckon? That worth doing?
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 14, 2014, 7:06:13 PM
Mathil,

I never write on any type of forum. I really want to thank you here and tell you how much your input is appreciated. You make the game 10x more enjoyable for me. You should really stream man, would be a follower !

Thank you man !

Very interesting post, I plan to build a ranger soon and everything I was wondering is answered in this post !

Guys like you just make the game more and more interesting !
"
Why is nobody using lightning arrow?
Just curious. I think it is a cool combo with drillneck.

I've never been a fan of lightning arrow. I don't have a drillneck to fully test it out with that combo but as replied in a comment on youtube: "I've never really gotten behind lightning arrow, it just doesn't feel like as great as the others to me. I think you need a chain and lmp/gmp which already takes 2 slots as opposed to 1 for the others and the other problem I could see with being largely elemental and WED running is you'd run into mana problems. I'll play around with it myself some time and see."

Also maybe reflect is a problem, dno.

"
Randenaris wrote:
why not take the alira power charge? Also you should really stream, i would enjoy it alot

Basically because I've been lazy. If you start running PCoC in your 6th link then yea you absolutely want to swap your merc bandits to Alira. I'll get around to it sometime.

"
kompaniet wrote:

Found this today. Might give it that 60-79% increased Physical Damage via crafting.

What do you reckon? That worth doing?

Yea I'd go ahead and do that. Should be a solid bow for a while until you get some real serious business bow.

"
Tabarnac wrote:
Mathil,

I never write on any type of forum. I really want to thank you here and tell you how much your input is appreciated. You make the game 10x more enjoyable for me. You should really stream man, would be a follower !

16 posts before this one, BUSTED! But seriously, you're welcome and thanks for the appreciation. I would stream but the good lord has not decided to bless me with internet capable of doing so. I'm looking into moving house to one of the newer locations in my city that have NBN which is basically the Australian version of real internet. It's slowly rolling out across Aus and my city is one of the last to be having the work done.

"
popi2801 wrote:

Thank you man !

Very interesting post, I plan to build a ranger soon and everything I was wondering is answered in this post !

Guys like you just make the game more and more interesting !

Much appreciated, ty. Glad that everything was already answered and you didn't have any questions though I'm sure there will be some when you're in the process of making that char, there always are ;)
I'm a bit at a loss on how to get the RRRR links for cwdt for endgame gear.
Currently I'm running rare Evasion/Armor boots which were okish to roll 4R in.
However, my ideal endgame gear would be Maligaro's, Rat's Nest and Atziri's Step.
I don't see how I could ever get 4R in there.
I guess Maligaro's would still be the best shot since it has the lowest stat requirements.
"
Machtkatze wrote:
I'm a bit at a loss on how to get the RRRR links for cwdt for endgame gear.
Currently I'm running rare Evasion/Armor boots which were okish to roll 4R in.
However, my ideal endgame gear would be Maligaro's, Rat's Nest and Atziri's Step.
I don't see how I could ever get 4R in there.
I guess Maligaro's would still be the best shot since it has the lowest stat requirements.

Maligaro probably wouldn't be too bad, something like 100-200 chroms. I think my ideal setup would also have Atziri step but I'll roll with some ar/ev gloves so it won't be too hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info